24-25 NBA changes

DJT

8 hours ago, Telemundo219 said:

I always the Hawks should go with Red and Yellow (i.e. Chiefs) and the Rockets should go with Red and Gold (or Double Red and Gold) (i.e. 49ers). Something like this for the Rockets (plug included).

spacer.png

Too Chinese.

• LOL 2
  • Huh? 2
  • Sad 1
  • Facepalm 2
  • Eyeroll 2

On 3/11/2024 at 3:40 PM, MCM0313 said:

Minnesota was constantly terrible from 1988-96. Zero playoff appearances. They usually had one of the worst records in the league. 

They weren't terrible yet in 1988!

• Like 1
  • LOL 1

On 3/24/2024 at 7:19 PM, Telemundo219 said:

I always the Hawks should go with Red and Yellow (i.e. Chiefs) and the Rockets should go with Red and Gold (or Double Red and Gold) (i.e. 49ers). Something like this for the Rockets (plug included).

spacer.png

Rather…cavalier of you. 

• Like 2
  • LOL 1

1 hour ago, MCM0313 said:

Rather…cavalier of you. 

Hahaha....I did the Cavaliers as well. This is too red for them.

MetsChiefsEspnSig.gif

College sports as we know them are just about dead. The lid is off on all the corruption that taints just about every major program and every decision that the schools or the NCAA make is only about money, money, and more money. We'll have three 16+ team super-conferences sooner rather than later, killing much of the regional flair and traditional rivalries that make college sports unique and showing the door to any school that doesn't bring money to the table in the process. Pretty soon the smaller schools are going to have to consider forming their own sanctioning body to keep the true spirit of college sports alive because the NCAA will only get worse in it's excess from here

Supposedly a Jazz beat writer has said that the Jazz will not be bringing back yellow next year. If the 5 year rule is legit I would assume this means the black becomes the icon. 

However the beat writer said the rumors are that it will be a mountain jersey presumably in black, purple and white (yay kings)

1 hour ago, DJT said:

Supposedly a Jazz beat writer has said that the Jazz will not be bringing back yellow next year. If the 5 year rule is legit I would assume this means the black becomes the icon. 

However the beat writer said the rumors are that it will be a mountain jersey presumably in black, purple and white (yay kings)

Here’s the link: https://kslsports.com/513636/utah-jazz-mailbag-is-a-rebrand-coming/

Still better than what they are wearing.

If I had my way, I’d add a little Light Blue and maybe Copper and call it a day, at least with the based-off-the-modern-mountain look they’re talking here.

I’m also intrigued with a New Orleans Hornets-esque Purple/Light Blue/Gold look as well if going all the way back to the drawing board.

Edited by DustDevil61
Added link, copper, intriguing look
  • Like 3

I love the bright yellow. I just hate the design elements of ... well ... nothingness. 

If the design is based off this year's City Jersey ... meh.

• Like 3

kimball banner.png

"I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific." Lily Tomlin

3 hours ago, kimball said:

I love the bright yellow. I just hate the design elements of ... well ... nothingness. 

If the design is based off this year's City Jersey ... meh.

Speaking of bright yellow...I love the Nu-FloJo look the Pacers have been rocking the past few seasons:
spacer.png

I have been hoping that the Pacers do an overhaul of their bland Nike uniforms and use this jersey design for the Association and Icon uniforms going forward. I mean, what's old is new again...

• Like 5
  • Love 1
  • Applause 1

rAUPGPZ.png

10 hours ago, DJT said:

C’mon, Jazz. Just drop the black. Purple, sky blue, copper. If you absolutely must have a neutral trim color, go with silver. Not every scheme needs black in it. 

• Like 4

36 minutes ago, MCM0313 said:

C’mon, Jazz. Just drop the black. Purple, sky blue, copper. If you absolutely must have a neutral trim color, go with silver. Not every scheme needs black in it. 

In fact, just drop the Jazz nickname altogether. Salt Lake City is not known for Jazz music. Choose something else.

• Like 1
  • Meh 1
  • Yawn 1
  • Dislike 2
  • Eyeroll 1

1 hour ago, AndrewG70 said:

In fact, just drop the Jazz nickname altogether. Salt Lake City is not known for Jazz music. Choose something else.

Too late for that.  They should do this back in 1979 when they relocate.

• Like 7

4r2eer.png

2 hours ago, pepis21 said:

Too late for that.  They should do this back in 1979 when they relocate.

Yeah - strange as it may seem, “Utah Jazz” has built a lot of brand equity in 45 years. 

• Like 8

4 hours ago, MCM0313 said:

Yeah - strange as it may seem, “Utah Jazz” has built a lot of brand equity in 45 years. 

I feel like the fact that both the place name and the team name have four letters packs a lot to the punch.

• Like 2

rAUPGPZ.png