24-25 NBA changes

DJT

On 4/4/2024 at 2:01 PM, Brave-Bird 08 said:

That Thunder logo, whatever you may think of it, took some actual graphic design skills. Not a lot. It's pretty bad. But that Rockets logo is on an entirely different level of bad. 

I distinctly remember a post here that broke down all the poor craftsmanship in the Thunder logo, every little spot here and there where something wasn't drawn correctly. There was another for the Carolina Panthers. But I definitely remember someone drawing attention to how the R doesn't line up right or how the various elements in the guitar pick of doom are just a little bit off. It was probably in 2008; I'll never find it.

• Like 2

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

2 hours ago, Conrad. said:

from the mothership:
https://news.sportslogos.net/2024/04/07/raptors-drop-epic-vince-carter-logo-hints-for-a-future-uniform/basketball/

you might want to remember this for next season (disregard the use of "icon" here btw):

GKgaFAbXgAAgrBF?format=jpg

I wish they would bring back the dinosaur.

• Like 4

spacer.png

jCMXRTJ.png.c7b9b888fd36f93c327929ec580f08dc.png

On 4/5/2024 at 4:55 PM, Brave-Bird 08 said:

Because you are in Houston I am going to give the benefit of the doubt for maybe not being willing to accept it. 

But, there's so much wrong with the Rockets logo. The "banner" stops at the keyline but the words keep wrapping around. The font is not the Rockets font and does not tie into the R monogram that is just lazily slapped on top of the ball. There is black and two separate shades of grey -- and again, a random red logo at a completely different scale with thin white trim just PLOPPED DOWN on top of a graphic that otherwise looks like it was whipped up by an amateur in a high school Graphic Design 101 class. 

The Thunder logo is congruent and professionally done, it's just incredibly generic and boring. It means...nothing. 

Still, one is INFINITELY worse than the other. It actually is kind of hurting my brain that anyone on these boards would be convinced otherwise. 

Again, I'm not arguing that the Rockets logo is great, just that the thunder logo is worse. I'm not even saying most of your points aren't valid.

The Rockets logo uses the Rockets font that is on all of their core uniforms.

The Thunder uses two different typefaces, one of which was lifted straight from the Steve Nash era Suns uniforms and didn't appear on any uniform until this season's City.

The Thunder logo just has way too much going on for a logo that literally means nothing. Good craftsmanship or not.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, TaylorMade said:

City Edition?

That or a classic edition would be my guess. It would be nice for the Raptors to bring back the Vince Carter era branding, it's a lot better than the Drake/OVO stuff they use now - even the Chris Bosh era red/black version.

• Like 4

On 4/8/2024 at 5:10 PM, Conrad. said:

from the mothership:
https://news.sportslogos.net/2024/04/07/raptors-drop-epic-vince-carter-logo-hints-for-a-future-uniform/basketball/

you might want to remember this for next season (disregard the use of "icon" here btw):

GKgaFAbXgAAgrBF?format=jpg

I never cared for how those were purple in the front and black in the back, and they’re very late-nineties/early-aughts, vaguely industrial-looking uniforms - but they have a heck of a lot more personality than the junk they’ve been wearing for the past decade-plus (however long it’s been since they dropped purple, really). 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, MCM0313 said:

I never cared for how those were purple in the front and black in the back, and they’re very late-nineties/early-aughts, vaguely industrial-looking uniforms - but they have a heck of a lot more personality than the junk they’ve been wearing for the past decade-plus (however long it’s been since they dropped purple, really). 

I'm not sure why but I loved the purple front and black back. I think there could be modern version of it that would look amazing, if not by the raptors another team.

• Like 3

I like the split back on those Raptors jerseys. It does the job of two uniforms with one and saves us from games in a pointless alt. 

Although in the current NBA they’d wear Drake Night jerseys and whatever NORTH is for 50% of the time anyways so I’d rather have purple and black separate. 

• Like 2

i have unquantifiable corpses on my conscience 

4 hours ago, Germanshepherd said:

I like the split back on those Raptors jerseys. It does the job of two uniforms with one and saves us from games in a pointless alt. 

Although in the current NBA they’d wear Drake Night jerseys and whatever NORTH is for 50% of the time anyways so I’d rather have purple and black separate. 

The split front back was far better than it sounds on paper. But today they'd probably wear it against another team wearing black.

The Vince logo is too good to be a one and done, so that's good news.

• Like 2

I am no insider but I'm sensing something's changing soon in Minneapolis. Wolves kicking off the playoffs with two throwback games for 1&2 after already wearing the classic jerseys around 25 times during the regular season (by far the most out of all our jerseys), plus our playoff branding featuring bright blue and green as apposed to navy/slate blue/black like in the past. If not this upcoming season I'm feeling a color scheme shift by 2025.

• Like 9

image-2023-06-05-005249976.png