24-25 NBA changes

DJT

2 hours ago, CaliforniaGlowin said:

New images on Hornets social media pages 🤔

spacer.png

Could be suggesting a new Statement jersey; the current purple statement has been around the minimum of two seasons.

The current Icon/Association set is finishing up year #4 (so not eligible for a change yet if there is a five season rule).

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

On 2/27/2024 at 9:30 AM, gosioux76 said:

This might just be me looking through nostalgia-tinted glasses, but I'd love it if they kept the Classic edition jerseys full time. Even the logo. Watching them play in that set, on that court, just feels right. I also like the updates to the colors they used on the classics. To me, they're a perfect basketball uniform. 

They've also seemingly sold out of all the apparel related to the Classic edition. Either that or was an intentionally limited supply. The jerseys seemed to have been online for a day or two before they were gone. 

I'm hoping that's an indication of high demand. 

The Wolves had a great look from the get-go; in fact, I’d wager that all four of the late-1980s expansion teams began with nice looks (Wolves, Magic, Heat, Hornets). The problem with their original uniform/logo design is that it’s kind of like the NBA’s version of the Buccaneers’ creamsicles, in terms of the team’s performance and reputation while using them. 

Minnesota was constantly terrible from 1988-96. Zero playoff appearances. They usually had one of the worst records in the league. It probably didn’t help that they also had outrageous guys like Christian Laettner and Isaiah Rider either - brash characters are fun when you’re winning but offputting when you’re bad. 

If memory serves correctly, they went to the playoffs the first season of their new, more “intimidating” look, too - just like the Buccaneers. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, CaliforniaGlowin said:

Well the font is definitely different, very 90s corporate.

Yes, but teams tend to use simpler and more convenient fonts for their websites and other digital appearance and communications... At the end of the day, it might be just a choice for a particular graphic layout style, similar as what the Lakers have done on their social media posts, for example:

Etwy3_rU0AIPN9K?format=jpg&name=medium

E8JhePFVEAUUb0D?format=jpg&name=large

• Like 3

On 3/14/2024 at 2:14 PM, CaliforniaGlowin said:

Yeah I know but it's kind of weird to change it during the season. 

How many times does it need to be said that teams social media teams don’t talk to the uniform designers, not until the team is ready to put out teasers. Remember when you thought the jets were going to lime green because their social media started using it. Social media teams just choose what looks good and that’s it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dont care said:

How many times does it need to be said that teams social media teams don’t talk to the uniform designers, not until the team is ready to put out teasers. Remember when you thought the jets were going to lime green because their social media started using it. Social media teams just choose what looks good and that’s it.

Not just that, they also had lime green accents in the locker room.

spacer.png

Last updated 2/26

I was looking at Vanessa Hudgens Instagram (shut up) and I noticed the co-owner of Cali Water was wearing a Kings jersey with his company as the ad on the front instead of Dialpad. It might just be a random thing but I think it's interesting to point out anyways.

RWEZEzW.png

• Like 4

bSLCtu2.png

6 hours ago, Old School Fool said:

I was looking at Vanessa Hudgens Instagram (shut up) and I noticed the co-owner of Cali Water was wearing a Kings jersey with his company as the ad on the front instead of Dialpad. It might just be a random thing but I think it's interesting to point out anyways.

RWEZEzW.png

At first I thought that was Pitbull lol.

• Like 1
  • LOL 1

The league has too much red & black and I really wish the Raptors or Rockets would consider a slightly different direction with primary colors. 

ec5481e7fc12453b8eb5727fa24ed446

N7XBJG6QSFCS7FLAXHJN3SG5YY.JPG?auth=1a88

Portland and Chicago should be exempt since they have a longer history with those colors, but do we really need two red/white/black teams per conference? 

For me the fix is the Raptors to utilize more purple, and the Rockets to utilize more yellow or gray/charcoal

• Like 9

2 hours ago, tscuzzy said:

The league has too much red & black and I really wish the Raptors or Rockets would consider a slightly different direction with primary colors. 

Portland and Chicago should be exempt since they have a longer history with those colors, but do we really need two red/white/black teams per conference? 

For me the fix is the Raptors to utilize more purple, and the Rockets to utilize more yellow or gray/charcoal

I agree with this. Why the Raptors haven't gone back to purple, red, and black is beyond me. Surely any new purple jerseys will be differentiated from the throwbacks, meaning that they won't really be stealing sales from their throwbacks.

I partially agree about the Rockets. While I'd say that their red and yellow look is good in a vacuum, it's not a great scheme given the existence of the Atlanta Hawks. I'd rather them go for a double red scheme, much like they experimented with on their earned jersey a few seasons ago. Something like a classic-ish set based off this year's city jerseys would look nice, swapping blue for burgundy of course. It'd be unique to them and should look pretty nice. I also wouldn't hate them going back to red and silver as long as it comes with refreshed logos and uniforms. The current R logo seems a bit dated and the uniforms they wore through the 00s-10s just weren't that good. They can do so much more with their name and brand. Red and silver could totally work if done right. As shown by their current city jersey, a traditional red and blue look isn't awful either, but it's not necessarily my first choice for a rebrand.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, tscuzzy said:

HEAT. VICE.

• Like 2
  • Love 1
  • Dislike 3

spacer.png

Last updated 2/26

2 hours ago, fortunat1 said:

I agree with this. Why the Raptors haven't gone back to purple, red, and black is beyond me. Surely any new purple jerseys will be differentiated from the throwbacks, meaning that they won't really be stealing sales from their throwbacks.

I partially agree about the Rockets. While I'd say that their red and yellow look is good in a vacuum, it's not a great scheme given the existence of the Atlanta Hawks. I'd rather them go for a double red scheme, much like they experimented with on their earned jersey a few seasons ago. Something like a classic-ish set based off this year's city jerseys would look nice, swapping blue for burgundy of course. It'd be unique to them and should look pretty nice. I also wouldn't hate them going back to red and silver as long as it comes with refreshed logos and uniforms. The current R logo seems a bit dated and the uniforms they wore through the 00s-10s just weren't that good. They can do so much more with their name and brand. Red and silver could totally work if done right. As shown by their current city jersey, a traditional red and blue look isn't awful either, but it's not necessarily my first choice for a rebrand.

I was so upset that the Hawks beat the Rockets to the retro re-brand... it's a fair point, but they did share colors for about 30 years

atlanta-hawks-v-houston-rockets.jpg

• Like 4

5 hours ago, tscuzzy said:

The simple solution would be for the Raptors to tell Drake to pound sand and go retro full-time.

• Like 2

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

11 hours ago, tscuzzy said:

It's just that the Rockets shouldn't be using black to begin with. They jumped on the black bandwagon only during the last ten years and similarly to several other teams eventually dragged it all over their identity. Eliminate black, and all of a sudden there is one red & black team less.

I never liked the yellow for the Rockets, and the 00s' color scheme felt just right. At the end of the day, just throwing thoughts around, the red & blue color scheme and style seen on the City(?) uni could work equally well with powder blue instead, if they ever wanted to take that route, now that the Clippers failed to capitalize on it.

18 hours ago, tscuzzy said:

I was so upset that the Hawks beat the Rockets to the retro re-brand... it's a fair point, but they did share colors for about 30 years

atlanta-hawks-v-houston-rockets.jpg

11 hours ago, truepg said:

It's just that the Rockets shouldn't be using black to begin with. They jumped on the black bandwagon only during the last ten years and similarly to several other teams eventually dragged it all over their identity. Eliminate black, and all of a sudden there is one red & black team less.

I never liked the yellow for the Rockets, and the 00s' color scheme felt just right. At the end of the day, just throwing thoughts around, the red & blue color scheme and style seen on the City(?) uni could work equally well with powder blue instead, if they ever wanted to take that route, now that the Clippers failed to capitalize on it.

I always the Hawks should go with Red and Yellow (i.e. Chiefs) and the Rockets should go with Red and Gold (or Double Red and Gold) (i.e. 49ers). Something like this for the Rockets (plug included).

spacer.png

• Like 5
  • Applause 2

MetsChiefsEspnSig.gif

College sports as we know them are just about dead. The lid is off on all the corruption that taints just about every major program and every decision that the schools or the NCAA make is only about money, money, and more money. We'll have three 16+ team super-conferences sooner rather than later, killing much of the regional flair and traditional rivalries that make college sports unique and showing the door to any school that doesn't bring money to the table in the process. Pretty soon the smaller schools are going to have to consider forming their own sanctioning body to keep the true spirit of college sports alive because the NCAA will only get worse in it's excess from here