24-25 NBA changes

DJT

5 hours ago, NeauXone said:

I am no insider but I'm sensing something's changing soon in Minneapolis. Wolves kicking off the playoffs with two throwback games for 1&2 after already wearing the classic jerseys around 25 times during the regular season (by far the most out of all our jerseys), plus our playoff branding featuring bright blue and green as apposed to navy/slate blue/black like in the past. If not this upcoming season I'm feeling a color scheme shift by 2025.

Just needs to, it's too clean and time to move on from the drab.

• Like 4

20 hours ago, NeauXone said:

I am no insider but I'm sensing something's changing soon in Minneapolis. Wolves kicking off the playoffs with two throwback games for 1&2 after already wearing the classic jerseys around 25 times during the regular season (by far the most out of all our jerseys), plus our playoff branding featuring bright blue and green as apposed to navy/slate blue/black like in the past. If not this upcoming season I'm feeling a color scheme shift by 2025.

I sure hope so. I love their classic set. Very simple, yes. But beautiful IMO. 

• Like 2

sig.png

On 4/22/2024 at 1:24 PM, NeauXone said:

I hope you're right. I love the updated throwback look this year. It also appears that they have sold out of those uniforms, or at least I assume they have, since I can't seem to find them for sale anywhere. Watching the playoff game on TV Saturday night, the original '89 logo seemed to be everywhere in the crowd. 

I would love for this to be a New York Jets situation and have them introduce the blue version of that as part of full-time changeover next year. 

• Like 2

On 4/23/2024 at 3:02 PM, gosioux76 said:

I hope you're right. I love the updated throwback look this year. It also appears that they have sold out of those uniforms, or at least I assume they have, since I can't seem to find them for sale anywhere. Watching the playoff game on TV Saturday night, the original '89 logo seemed to be everywhere in the crowd. 

I would love for this to be a New York Jets situation and have them introduce the blue version of that as part of full-time changeover next year. 

I wouldn’t even mind if they updated the old logo slightly beyond just the shade of green, and then called it a day - again, like the Jets. And if they need a third color, grey/silver would make perfect sense given that they’re named after grey wolves, plus it works well with blue and green, as the Seahawks have shown us. White (sigh) Association, blue (sigh) Icon, green (sigh) Statement, and then maybe purple but in the early-KG style for (sigh) City. 

• Applause 1

On 4/23/2024 at 12:35 PM, jp1409 said:

Nuggets current branding is awful... Their alt heavy playoffs runs with a home court that doesn't match are incredibly bush league.

Now imagine if they wear the '5280' uniforms in the championship clinching game?

I was disappointed they ditched burgundy accessories for white this year, I thought it looked great with their navy uniforms

nuggets-scaled.jpg

• Like 10
  • Applause 1
  • Sad 2

1 minute ago, tscuzzy said:

Now imagine if they wear the '5280' uniforms in the championship clinching game?

I was under the impression that Philly wasn't allowed to put "76ers" as the jersey wordmark due to the obvious chance of quick-glance confusion about a jersey number. I liked that idea better.

• Like 3

Showcasing fan-made sports apparel by artists and designers

On 4/23/2024 at 2:35 PM, jp1409 said:

Nuggets current branding is awful... Their alt heavy playoffs runs with a home court that doesn't match are incredibly bush league.

they’ve got the worst brand in basketball IMO. Sucks that they won in them. They’ll never change now that it’s tied into history. 

what’s even funnier is the city jerseys they actually won the title in were the best in their set and will never be seen again lmao. 

• Like 3

the nuggets branding is just really vanilla. i dont know what criticism i could give them aside from their colors which is pretty much a combination of the most used colors in the league. minus the maroon, which isnt used much to begin with. i dont think they are the worst, but they definitely are the least interesting. 

their logo is fine. their colors are fine. their jerseys are fine (though i give the mountains shorts an edge), their court is fine. everything about the core nuggets brand is just.....fine. i cant point out a thing that makes them really them. personally i thought they struck gold with the rainbow city jerseys from a few years back. but then they ruined the design by ripping off the jazz's city edition colors for some reason the following year. and then fastforward now they reuse the template to make one of the worst jerseys ive seen in recent years. 

• Like 5

IMG-7122.gif

I think the Nuggets' current look is the best since their Rainbow jerseys (which are still undefeated), but the Mile High City jerseys suck, and I agree it is lacking in pop.  If their franchise player was anybody but Jokic, I feel like I'd hate it a lot more, but these just work on him.  It's on the surface plain and rugged but if you watch closely you can see the pop.

I mostly like that they absolutely nailed the logos and font, and I dig how the wordmarks stand out by being in accent colors.

Still, @pelicanfan hit the nail on the head with the rainbow city uniforms. If we can't bring back the old rainbows, I would take those in a heartbeat. Those rocked.

i have unquantifiable corpses on my conscience 

8 hours ago, Lights Out said:

It's not the most inspiring look, but no way is it worse than the Thunder, Nets, Rockets, or Jazz.

You're spot on on all except the Rockets. Even with all the bastardization of the original form of the current "soaring R" identity that has happened along the way, it still isn't anywhere in the worst look conversation.

1 hour ago, truepg said:

You're spot on on all except the Rockets. Even with all the bastardization of the original form of the current "soaring R" identity that has happened along the way, it still isn't anywhere in the worst look conversation.

The Rockets' logo is a mess and their uniforms are the equivalent of wallpaper.

I also forgot how bad the Cavaliers' brand is now. Summer League uniforms and a logo that looks like it was thrown together in five minutes on MS Paint. The Raptors are pretty bad too - the chevron-themed uniforms are interesting, but the logo sucks and ditching purple continues to be a huge mistake.

Point is, it could be a lot worse than what the Nuggets are doing now.

• Like 1

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

18 hours ago, tscuzzy said:

I was disappointed they ditched burgundy accessories for white this year, I thought it looked great with their navy uniforms

nuggets-scaled.jpg

I'm not sure if it was intended, but I've always seen these as being reminiscent of the pre-rainbow guts uniforms, what they wore in the late '70s into the start of the '80s. 

spacer.png

• Like 1

I’m in the minority, but the rainbow jerseys are super overrated to me. Better than what they have now, but I don’t get the appeal. I can’t even say it’s because I didn’t grow up with them, because there’s plenty of other 80’s-90’s jerseys I prefer. Tbh, I prefer mostly the classics than the current sets. The rainbows just do nothing for me. 

Everything from  2003-2018 Nuggets was my favorite.

• Like 4
  • Love 1