24-25 NBA changes

DJT

3 hours ago, FiddySicks said:

Theres been a lot of talk above about an irrational love for the Raptors old split color unis. That’s how I feel about these. They’re 90s as all hell, and I absolutely love them. 
spacer.png

This has always been a solid look, but the Timberwolves have really got to get an identity with colors.

• Dislike 1

jOfO5Rh.pngaYLRFMy.png1FNdgQe.png

13 hours ago, Chromatic said:

My biggest issue with the Nuggets branding is the use of all three primary colours together, which I am hard to pressed to think of an example of that I would say is anything better than "not terrible".

The Hawai’i uniforms with green jerseys, white pants, and red-yellow-blue trim were amazing. 

Another report on the supposed Jazz rebrand (again). 

Q: Any updates on the rebrand and if it is, in fact, happening this summer?

A: I can confirm that the rebrand is in fact happening, but what all that entails I am not completely sure.

As I reported in March, there will be new uniforms next season, and I’ve heard that mountains will be a prominent feature in the team’s design, though my guess would be the Jazz Note logo also remains.

I have also heard that the jerseys are more geared towards what Jazz fans have traditionally preferred, and a step back from the outside-the-box approach they took with the ultra-simplistic black, white, and yellow uniform scheme.

My belief is the Jazz would like to have some of the elements of the rebrand completed before the June 26-27 draft, but I haven’t heard a release date.

https://kslsports.com/516216/utah-jazz-mailbag-latest-rebrand-rumors/

• Like 9

4 hours ago, DJT said:

A: I can confirm that the rebrand is in fact happening, but what all that entails I am not completely sure.

As I reported in March, there will be new uniforms next season, and I’ve heard that mountains will be a prominent feature in the team’s design, though my guess would be the Jazz Note logo also remains.

I have also heard that the jerseys are more geared towards what Jazz fans have traditionally preferred, and a step back from the outside-the-box approach they took with the ultra-simplistic black, white, and yellow uniform scheme.

My belief is the Jazz would like to have some of the elements of the rebrand completed before the June 26-27 draft, but I haven’t heard a release date.

If true (and it’s sounding like it is), then it’s time:

JggbfLv.md.jpg

Or, if Ryan wants to keep some semblance of Yellow/Black, then this could work too:

JggbKhJ.md.jpg

• Like 7
  • Applause 1

I don't love black in either of those palettes.

The black only really works with the copper and the yellow, but not the purple or light blue.

I'm curious if they ever said what they were going for with the current look.  Without any context, I actually like it, it's just so ridiculous for the Jazz to be wearing it.  Off the top of my head, I can't think of a black and yellow NBA team (which, if true, is a shame) but maybe someone could pull off that look a little bit better.

Maybe the next time the Hawks lose their minds, they can try it (they'd have to abandon red though, or at least relegate it to one of the 32 alts they'll have.)

• Like 8
  • LOL 1

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

10 hours ago, BBTV said:

I don't love black in either of those palettes.

The black only really works with the copper and the yellow, but not the purple or light blue.

Maybe the next time the Hawks lose their minds, they can try it (they'd have to abandon red though, or at least relegate it to one of the 32 alts they'll have.)

Exactly.

I’d like the Hawks to stick to their traditional nice colors, though 😅

On 5/1/2024 at 10:06 AM, KittSmith_95 said:

The Nuggets issue is mainly colour distribution. There's not enough maroon on either jersey, and too much white on the Navy IMO. 

If anything, I really like the sublimated rainbow City jerseys they did back to back, and wish those had become the basis for their Home & Away set. It was a good way of modernizing a classic look, and it stands out much more than the Navy, Maroon and Gold they settled for. 

spacer.png
spacer.png

That’s honestly their best rainbow set to me. It’s super sleek. 

On 5/1/2024 at 12:19 AM, SantosD_ said:

I hate the current trend in the NBA of only white accessories

I actually like it. But I feel like when there’s a chance to use colored accessories or even black for good contrast, they don’t pull the trigger. It’s really weird. 

On 5/1/2024 at 6:19 AM, SantosD_ said:

I hate the current trend in the NBA of only white accessories

I'm not a fan of that either. In the first and second nike seasons we've got variety of colors (Remember Nets Coogi accesorries?), but since third season teams start using more and more white/black just like other colors not exist.

I think they should go back to team colors accessories and expand that to color matching undershirts.

• Applause 2

4r2eer.png

21 hours ago, LMU said:

2024/25 - Heat Culture in white

2025/26 - Heat Culture in red

2026/27 - Heat Culture in Miami Vice pink

2027/28 - Heat Culture in Miami Vice blue

2028/29 - Heat Culture in Miami Vice white

2029/30 - Heat Culture in ransom note black

2030/31 - Heat Culture in ransom note red

2031/32 - Heat Culture in ransom note white

Also need to get "Heat Culture in white but a different version without any red" in there somewhere too.

• Like 3

21 hours ago, LMU said:

2024/25 - Heat Culture in white

2025/26 - Heat Culture in red

2026/27 - Heat Culture in Miami Vice pink

2027/28 - Heat Culture in Miami Vice blue

2028/29 - Heat Culture in Miami Vice white

2029/30 - Heat Culture in ransom note black

2030/31 - Heat Culture in ransom note red

2031/32 - Heat Culture in ransom note white

2032/33 - Ransom note to the city of Miami

2033/34 - Heat move to North Dakota, Dakota Culture uniform debuts

• Like 2
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 3

bSLCtu2.png

20 hours ago, DJT said:

Conrad did say to not get our hopes up about this rebrand though. So take this with a grain of salt. 

• Like 1

23 hours ago, SSmith48 said:

they still have so much to go on that isn't just "We are the Miami Heat". 

Honestly though, as stupid as the "Heat Culture" thing is, as least they're not diluting their brand as much as most teams are. "We are the ____________" is what branding has been for most of sports history,  and it was better that way. We don't need to know about every subcultural element of your city and commercialize it for jersey sales.

• Like 4

5 hours ago, Old School Fool said:

2032/33 - Ransom note to the city of Miami

2033/34 - Heat move to North Dakota, Dakota Culture uniform debuts

Well, their G-League team has been in South Dakota for the past 35 years, so...🙂

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

5 hours ago, DJT said:

Conrad did say to not get our hopes up about this rebrand though. So take this with a grain of salt. 

I'm honestly just expected the current City Jersey being promoted to the Icon and then a similar white and black set made for the Association and Statement jerseys.

• Like 3

"I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific." Lily Tomlin

1 hour ago, kimball said:

I'm honestly just expected the current City Jersey being promoted to the Icon and then a similar white and black set made for the Association and Statement jerseys.

Hopefully

4 hours ago, kimball said:

Very few teams these days have the testicular fortitude to use a unique color scheme. The Jazz’ pre-1996 scheme could work. The 1996-200(?) scheme could work. A new scheme that honors their heritage could work. Yet they almost certainly will just do purple and black. 

• Love 1