24 MLB Season Thread

Gary

Don't want to see a guy get hurt like this, but knowing the Braves, they'll call some guy up that'll actually end up being as good or better.  Normally I'd think this helps the other teams in the NL East, but I think the Braves are pretty much bulletproof (until October.)

• Like 1

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

From 9:41  - Can someone explain to me why this is called a balk? Apparently the pitcher has to declare how he's going to pitch ahead of time with each batter? Is that what they are saying? 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

9 hours ago, MJWalker45 said:

From 9:41  - Can someone explain to me why this is called a balk? Apparently the pitcher has to declare how he's going to pitch ahead of time with each batter? Is that what they are saying? 

Hard to tell when the clips are so short. I'd need to see the unedited sequence.

• Like 2

BB52Big.jpg

TF is with this?  He was out by a full foot.  The knee didn't even come into play.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

16 hours ago, BBTV said:

TF is with this?  He was out by a full foot.  The knee didn't even come into play.

The hell it didn't. That picture is deliberately deceiving. He wasn't "out by a full foot" because Sosa missed the tag. Sorry, but it was the correct call.

spacer.png

Here's a picture of Sosa missing the tag and De La Cruz's hand running into his knee. From the other angle you can see De La Cruz's hand touch the base under Sosa's knee before the tag anyway. He was safe with or without the obstruction call.  But this play is exactly why the rule exists. The batter went on to strike out and the following batter grounded out to first for the last out of the inning so De La Cruz didn't even score from third anyway.

I officially declare this grievance from Philadelphia Stupid. 

• Like 4
  • Meh 1

PvO6ZWJ.png

I’m not sure there’s a person on these boards that takes even the slightest reference to his teams as personally as you do. My gods, anyone even quips about the bengals or shows a picture that was about a rule and not a Red, and the guns come out. 

• LOL 1
  • Huh? 1
  • Yawn 1
  • Sad 1
  • Facepalm 1
  • Eyeroll 1

5 minutes ago, BBTV said:

I’m not sure there’s a person on these boards that takes even the slightest reference to his teams as personally as you do. My gods, anyone even quips about the bengals or shows a picture that was about a rule and not a Red, and the guns come out. 

Wasn't personal until this. The only thing this has to do with the Reds is because I happened to watch the moment in question live and knew the tweet was misleading and wrong. Happy to dump on umpires whenever they deserve it, but that wasn't it. 

If you're going to say something like this at least quote me so I get the notification. 

• Like 4
  • Eyeroll 1

PvO6ZWJ.png

OK moving on, for some levity, here's Bryce Harper hitting Bryson Stott in the nads.

If only Trea Turner was Nick Castellanos: