2024 NFL Season Through Super Bowl LIX

4 hours ago, BBTV said:

GXWz7oqW8AAnTeQ?format=jpg&name=4096x409

This is another reason why we've never seen a coach as revolutionary as Mike McDaniel. How many other NFL coaches have kissed a boo-boo to make it all better? This is what being a players' coach is all about. Adapt or perish.

• LOL 1

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

11 hours ago, DG_YouKnowWhatThatMeans said:

Is healthy Tua even that good? Is he worth all of this?

5 hours ago, SFGiants58 said:

He really isn’t all that good or worth it.

Not worth the health of a person in this way, I'll say that. But what is the other option at QB for Miami? Do you think they can just draft another one? They'll likely be too far out of reach to take one of the better selections in the draft. Free agency? Who's on the market that would be an upgrade?

If there is an option to improve at a position, you should always look to do so, but are there really any other options at this moment? The Dolphins have already build this roster to compete. They can't just blow it all up because they got the quarterback position wrong. They made a (though I believe reluctant) commitment to Tua and unfortunate it just hasn't panned out well enough.

I don't think anyone suggested that they blow it up. There's a lot of talent on the roster, but they're going to have to find an alternative at quarterback, because this is what, four concussions in two years or something? You have to budget for him not coming back from this one. 

You never know what options will present themselves between now and 50 weeks from now. Maybe there's a trade to make, maybe they get a great quarterback with the 18th pick in the draft. Who knows. But if you're saying they have to commit to Tua, well, no, they can't.

No changes to the maps on 506sports since Thursday so I'd say it's safe to say they won't change between now and kickoff but ya never know. Anyways, credit to 506sports for the maps, go support them. 

spacer.png

1:00 PM EDT/12:00 PM CDT CBS Games

Red: Jets at Titans

Blue: 49ers at Vikings

Green: Raiders at Ravens

Yellow: Chargers at Panthers

Orange: Browns at Jaguars

spacer.png

4:00 PM EDT/3:00 PM CDT CBS Games

Red: Bengals at Chiefs

Blue: Steelers at Broncos

spacer.png

1:00 PM EDT/12:00 PM CDT FOX Games

Red: Saints at Cowboys

Dark Blue: Colts at Packers

Green: Seahawks at Patriots

Orange: Buccaneers at Lions

Light Blue: Giants at Commanders

4:00 PM EDT/3:00 PM CDT FOX Game

Yellow: Rams at Cardinals

What's with the random yellow parts that are getting the 4PM LAR/PHX game on FOX?  California and Phoenix areas obviously make sense, but Charlotte, Nashville, that funny-shaped spot in Minnesota, Cleveland, etc?

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

2 hours ago, BBTV said:

What's with the random yellow parts that are getting the 4PM LAR/PHX game on FOX?  California and Phoenix areas obviously make sense, but Charlotte, Nashville, that funny-shaped spot in Minnesota, Cleveland, etc?

Home markets for teams where Fox can't run the single game against the home team's half of the doubleheader.

I'll note that I don't fully understand this rule because sometimes they can and sometimes they can't.

1 hour ago, The_Admiral said:

Home markets for teams where Fox can't run the single game against the home team's half of the doubleheader.

I'll note that I don't fully understand this rule because sometimes they can and sometimes they can't.

Primary and secondary markets. Also "payback" for other weeks where things go a different way. 

But generally you can't show a game when the home team has a game is a throwback to the old blackout rules. 

• Like 1

On 9/8/2024 at 6:18 PM, Rockstar Matt said:

Kind of hard decipher anything meaningful from the Cowboys-Browns game for me personally. 

Turns out the Cowboys and Browns are just both not very good. 

In an almost carbon copy performance from the playoff loss last year, the Cowboys are getting obliterated at home again. Unless something changes this year (it won’t), this will be the last year for this coaching staff. 

Cowboys should honestly blow up most of the team, but Jerry’s ego won’t allow that. 

• Like 1

Cowboys - Lakers - LAFC - USMNT - LA Rams - LA Kings - NUFC 

Poor Bryce Young.

Seems like enough guy, but he's also likely the worst #1 pick of all time.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

40 minutes ago, DG_YouKnowWhatThatMeans said:

worst #1 pick of all time

I think it's still Jamarcus Russell.

At least Bryce Young seems to care, he's just not very talented.  This guy didn't give a damn about anything other than how many cheeseburgers he could buy with his absurd paycheck.

526addc469bedddd6599f701?width=750&forma

• LOL 3

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

I’m having a pretty enjoyable day.  After being told all week the Vikings were set to get blown out, they beat the 49ers (again).  

Add to that one hilarious Cowboy bed crapping and the Lions losing at home to Baker Mayfield.  (I know the Lions are currently everyone’s second favorite team but I’m assuming that’s because they don’t live in Detroit.  I’ve never seen a fan base go from “we’re the worst” to “who’s gonna beat us?  17 and 0!!!”  so fast before. I’m already exhausted by them.)

• Like 1
  • LOL 2

36 minutes ago, oldschoolvikings said:

I’m having a pretty enjoyable day.  After being told all week the Vikings were set to get blown out, they beat the 49ers (again).  

Speaking of that, I saw a crazy stat today. The Niners haven’t beaten the Vikings in Minnesota since 1992.

Cowboys - Lakers - LAFC - USMNT - LA Rams - LA Kings - NUFC 

2 hours ago, DG_YouKnowWhatThatMeans said:

Poor Bryce Young.

Seems like enough guy, but he's also likely the worst #1 pick of all time.

Texans fans ought to thank Lovie Smith for winning his last game ever as an NFL coach, because it got them CJ Stroud instead of Bryce Young.  Because if Stroud plays like he did as a rookie the rest of this season and all of next season, he's going to sign an extension to where he's going to get $70 million per season.  He played pretty good last week against the Colts too.    

Young is going to be on his second team before his rookie contract ends.