2025 MLB Uniform/Logo Changes

3 hours ago, dont care said:

Looks like an old school 90’s logo. Especially with the scrip wordmark.

Can we please not use "old school" and "90s" in the same sentence? I feel personally attacked. 

• Like 6
  • LOL 9

"I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific." Lily Tomlin

11 hours ago, Sith_apprentice said:

Remember when they moved the all-star game because Georgia made a law that required an ID to vote? 🤣

That same law is still in effect. I guess MLB is ok with it now.

I hope MLB moves the game again, 2 weeks before the first pitch,  only for the Braves to say FU and win the whole damn thing!  again 

😅

20 minutes ago, Sec19Row53 said:

No. We aren't all the same age here.

Old school to me is from the 60s.

So those are the funky bunch?? 🤯

Never seen them before, i thought they where just a myth...... like big foot!

• Like 1

A couple bits from yesterday that may have uni-related implications for 2025:

First off, we're getting a "Rivalry Week" when teams with some sort of local or historical rivalry will face off at the same time:

Some of these "rivalries" are a bit of a stretch, but this could be a cool opportunity for more City Connect vs. City Connect matchups. Of course, as @MJD7 pointed out,  Angels vs. Dodgers wouldn't really work. And for that matter, neither would Tigers vs. Blue Jays. 

Secondly, it appears the White Sox will be celebrating their 125th anniversary next season:

I wonder if they'll do a year-long celebration with various throwbacks from the past 125 seasons worn, as the Reds did for their 150th anniversary in 2019. Of course, I'd be much happier with a team that doesn't completely suck a$$ next year. 

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, coco1997 said:

First off, we're getting a "Rivalry Week" when teams with some sort of local or historical rivalry will face off at the same time:

Some of these "rivalries" are a bit of a stretch, but this could be a cool opportunity for more City Connect vs. City Connect matchups. Of course, as @MJD7 pointed out,  Angels vs. Dodgers wouldn't really work. And for that matter, neither would Tigers vs. Blue Jays. 

Secondly, the White Sox will appear to be celebrating their 125th anniversary next season:

I wonder if they'll do a year-long celebration with various throwbacks from the past 125 seasons worn, as the Reds did for their 150th anniversary in 2019. Of course, I'd be much happier with a team that doesn't completely suck a$$ next year. 

i wonder who will tell the mlb that the mariners rivals are mostly the Jays' & the Astros

2 minutes ago, coco1997 said:

the MLB makes it out to be more than it is, I have never heard of that name ever, or any Mariners fans despising them as much as the Blue jays or Astros, although I have to say they have the worst uniform colors in the MLB. 

• Huh? 1

46 minutes ago, coco1997 said:

Some of these "rivalries" are a bit of a stretch, but this could be a cool opportunity for more City Connect vs. City Connect matchups.

Ah a rivalry as old as time: St. Louis Cardinals vs ... the Royals?

Honestly I get what they are doing here, trying to get more rivalries between AL/NL teams that are geographically close. But still, kind of funny to see.

Other than Pittsburgh-Detroit and Toronto-Montreal, wasn't this the original interleague schedule?

• Like 2

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

I know the Mets are tied to the Yankees, despite being the Phillies rival.  There's no rivalry between the Pirates and Phillies, and it's not like they're even that close, relative to the $20 train or $15 bus ride to either NY, DC, or BAL.

And Padres vs Mariners?  I guess at some point they simply have to pair the leftover teams, but that's a stretch (unless there's something I'm not aware of.)

Is there a Rockies/DBacks rivalry?  I know they're looking to do intra-city and intra-state first and foremost, but I'd probably go with Rockies-Marlins and Rays-DBacks since they were expansion partners in 93 and 98 respectively.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."