Grapevine Cardinals

Discrim

the gist of this was that i was checking out a minor league football site, and happened to notice something familiar. the link didn't work, so thinking nothing of it i lurked on their forums for a bit. oddly enough, the link provided by their farm team (yes, a semipro team with a farm team...imagine that) led me to this rediscovery.

As I asked, anything look familiar? ;)

if it's being used with permission, then I apologize to the Cards...

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Holy plop. I think that is Nitroseed's art. (Brad)

That poor guy has been ripped off toooo many times. It's like his curse to be so good. I don't wanna be the person to tell him. We may never see his stuff again.

And for Grapevine... The home of the Great White Trash Compactor, aka Gripevine Mills Mall.

Don't think we have to tell him. He's a moderator, he'll read the topic, and check out the link.

IUe6Hvh.png

He's a moderator, he'll read the topic, and check out the link.

...then catch a flight to Dallas (Grapevine is near the airport), grab a baseball bat and go completely ballistic in their offices.

I'm scared.

Honestly, I felt really sick when I saw that website. Just wrong.

Well if you feel sick over looking at a photo of cheerleaders and seeing a logo that a guy "you know" made, then something's not right. For all we know (although not overly likely) the logo could be in use with permission. Let's just wait and see. I know Brad is pretty fed-up with this as it is so this will not help the cause. I wish you the best of luck in whatever action (if any, as you may just not care anymore), you take.

what makes it worse is the "Selling" of merchandise with HIS logo on them. It made me sick to look at that page.

I didn't feel sick, the first words I thought of were PAY and DAY.

The link to the store didn't work, so I didn't get to buy a T-Shirt.

Cool logo, and my guess he either got paid, or boy, is he going to.

Oh, and I've got a site.

Footy Jumpers Dot Com

This is just completely disgusting, but unfortunately I am not surprised anymore.

Nitro, buddy, if they did this without your permission, I suggest having a talk with "The Mad Mac" soon.

He needn't be talking to me.

If this is without permission, he needs to be in touch with some D.C.-based intellectual property attorneys.

nav-logo.png

Since he couldn't copyright it (no way anyone could copyright/trademark anything using an NFL team name), Nitroseed may not have a leg to stand on. On the other hand, since it is exactly the same artwork, one cannot go and steal somone else's work. And since he had it posted on his site and on ssur.org, he can prove he created it first.

(I do trademark infringement research for a living for some sports properties.)

This is all a moot point if he gave them permission, because someone needed to have vector art for the merchandise.

I'm interested to see how this pans out....

Cards.png

Archived