Grapevine Cardinals

Discrim

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Common sense would suggest the bird is his.

It makes no difference what it was originally designed for, be it Arizona Cardinals, or KFC.

The fact remains, the logo was done by one party, and is being used by another to promote their product. Unless there is an agreement between the two to do so, there's a problem with that arrangement.

Oh, and I've got a site.

Footy Jumpers Dot Com

I'd hate it for people to have to excessively watermark or not be able to post their stuff--I enjoy checking it out...

But would I ever use it for an actual team? NO--but I could get an idea of what I liked, and who to go to for it...

That said--I have used others logog for personal use--but I don't post them on the net or use them for merchandizing, etc., etc...

Comic Sans walks into a bar, and the bartender says, "Sorry, we don't serve your type here."

The silver lining is that the concepts are good enough to be ripped off by minor league teams. Having your creation ripped off is the risk everyone takes when posting to the web. Concepts should probably be made into flash movies for display. Yeah, I know, flash images can be stolen too. I think most people are less familiar with flash, thereby less likely to try to steal.

Ultimately, this doesn't happen to the major design houses nearly as often because of threat of litigation. These dispicable people are banking on the assumption that most posters to this board can't afford a lawyer. No offense to my fellow community members, but Nitroseed's (as well as a few others) work is frankly too good to be posted here anymore. For his own good, he should stop contributing artwork to this forum.

I'm somewhat curious where Chris' liability is in these cases. Community members may have to agree to not hold Chris liable for theft resulting from pics stolen through his forums.

It sucks that a few individuals mess with a great board such as this.

shysters_sm.jpg

"One of my concerns is shysters show up and take advantage of people's good will and generosity".

That logo does look familiar. It's one of the logos off of one the Arizona Cardinals concepts.

Well.... in a way, yes it is, because it's the EXACT LOGO FROM THE CONCEPT!

Stay Tuned Sports Podcast
sB9ijEj.png

Now I'd would like to persuade Nitroseed to KEEP posting his designs to this board. As someone who works in the sports industry and who needs fantastic designers (like Nitro) for branding projects, this board is THEE best research outlet for me (and my bosses). I can say that his Griffins design caught the interest of just about everyone here who makes the final say in who we hire.

My suggestion is to have a very detailed legal disclaimer on each of your designs. You can incorporate a TM logo on your design work, even if you have yet to apply for a registered (encircled R) trademark. This could ward off these damn thieves.

So again, please keep the creativity going on these boards. Without it, there's no point to having the boards.

Cards.png

Pardon me for jumping to conclusions, but --- Wow, there's no question that they stole the work -- they took two separate concepts from the SSUR, and customized one (gcekus) to fit the primary (nitroseed). Now, I'd love to give them the benefit of the doubt and say that nitro got paid, but the fact that a second logo from the SSUR's concept pages makes it highly likely that they just saw the page as an easy way to 'create' a new identity. (they used to be the 'Dallas Diesel'??)

Anyone with a legal background, please help these guys, if only with a thretatening letter. This is sad.

And PANTONE, I'd leave the stuff up... your server should have the date listed when the items were uploaded.

with what's transpired, there's no question now. i, too, woulda given them the benefit of the doubt but for the fact that they either have sold or intend to sell various items with the logo on it.

the only good thing i can say about em is that they haven't made themselves look like that IHA loser yet. :cursing:

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

Here is the word:

I have no arrangement or contract with the Grapevine Cardinals and, thus, they are using my work illegally. I have sent them an email explaining this fact and notifying them that I have every intention of pursuing the matter until I was either rightfully compensated for the work being used or until the organization stopped using the logo altogether. As of now, I have heard no word back from them.

I will be seeking legal assistance if necessary and I will take every measure to ensure that justice is delivered.

Thanks to all of you for your support.

Would it help if they were to receive similar emails from about 50 other people?

I'm sure we'd all be willing help.

teakellad2.gif

This guy advertises on their site, maybe hire him to sue them.

That would get some attention.

Beleive it or not guys, this situation actually represents a business opportunity for Nitro - there's always a chance that the team will agree to compensate him or even better, retain him to do a complete logo and uniform package. So, let's not presume the worst until the worst is confirmed, and then at that point it's best to let the legal process take over from there. Vigilante justice, as tempting as it may be (and fun as well) might actually harm Nitro's case rather than help it because the defense could point to such tactics as evidence that Nitro isn't a serious or legitimate business person trying to protect intellectual property through proper channels.

Let's allow Nitro to call the shots on this one rather than rush to the defense of our injured friend without his blessing.

Beleive it or not guys, this situation actually represents a business opportunity for Nitro - there's always a chance that the team will agree to compensate him or even better, retain him to do a complete logo and uniform package. So, let's not presume the worst until the worst is confirmed, and then at that point it's best to let the legal process take over from there. Vigilante justice, as tempting as it may be (and fun as well) might actually harm Nitro's case rather than help it because the defense could point to such tactics as evidence that Nitro isn't a serious or legitimate business person trying to protect intellectual property through proper channels.

Let's allow Nitro to call the shots on this one rather than rush to the defense of our injured friend without his blessing.

Wait.. i re-read this message about 12 times. It isn't funny at all! What? What did i miss?

Damn, Yale serious. Now we know we'd better listen to him.

I'm here for ya Brad, as always.. we can road trip up there and make them an offer they can't refuse. Anytime, brother.

NCFA Sunset Beach Tech - Octopi

ΓΔΒ!

Going to college gets you closer to the real world, kind of like climbing a tree gets you closer to the moon.

"...a nice illustration of what you get when skill, talent, and precedent are deducted from 'creativity.' " - James Howard Kunstler

I'd hate it for people to have to excessively watermark or not be able to post their stuff--I enjoy checking it out...

Bear in mind that some of those "scam artists" are smart enough to do slight modifications (in this case took the Iris out) and a watermark may not be that hard to remove, depending on how it's done.

On the other hand, it does send the message that you are serious about your "business".

Break a Leg, Nitro.

@Frenchie_TO
Owner of the Rochester Americans of the MLH

Owner of the Toronto Frenchies of the GCFHL6

Archived