Grapevine Cardinals

Discrim

On the other hand, it does send the message that you are serious about your "business".

Break a Leg, Nitro.

What? Nitro's part of the mob? :blink:

I just hope the team will compensate nitro in the end. Perhaps giving him some money and one of their cheerleaders. ^_^

I saw, I came, I left.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Holy plop. I think that is Nitroseed's art. (Brad)

That poor guy has been ripped off toooo many times. It's like his curse to be so good. I don't wanna be the person to tell him. We may never see his stuff again.

And for Grapevine... The home of the Great White Trash Compactor, aka Gripevine Mills Mall.

sorry, what does that mean? i've been to grapevine mills...i don't get it.

Would it help if they were to receive similar emails from about 50 other people?

I'm sure we'd all be willing help.

teakellad2.gif

This guy advertises on their site, maybe hire him to sue them.

That would get some attention.

Beleive it or not guys, this situation actually represents a business opportunity for Nitro - there's always a chance that the team will agree to compensate him or even better, retain him to do a complete logo and uniform package. So, let's not presume the worst until the worst is confirmed, and then at that point it's best to let the legal process take over from there. Vigilante justice, as tempting as it may be (and fun as well) might actually harm Nitro's case rather than help it because the defense could point to such tactics as evidence that Nitro isn't a serious or legitimate business person trying to protect intellectual property through proper channels.

Let's allow Nitro to call the shots on this one rather than rush to the defense of our injured friend without his blessing.

Exactly. The Marauders were adversarial as all get out at first, and now are trying to negotiate to license the design we own. Anything can happen here.

Nitro so far has made only one error, in that he hasn't let a lawyer do the talking for him. They'll likely ignore him until he does.

nav-logo.png

My only intention in emailing them was to attempt to start a dialogue with them about the situation. I still have every intention on pursuing legal assistance in the near future, so they can call my bluff if they wish. They won't be calling it for long.

Nitro,

I know where you are at with this one.....I have recently sold a logo to a client that refuses to pay the outstanding balance....full of excuses

....doing things "diplomatic-like" is a good first move....hopefully it saves on the legal fees

.....but there comes a time when enough is enough

.......in my case, I have meet with my lawyer and am in the process of sending a third invoice, via register mail, along with my lawyer's input.....

good luck, man....we are behind you

UPDATE:

Mr. Vernon Poole, owner of the Grapevine Cardinals, called me this afternoon in response to my email. He was very cordial and explained his situation to me. Here is what transpired from our conversation:

- It seems that someone from the Atlanta area submitted both of those logos to him in a name-the-team contest sort of deal, claiming them both as logos he designed. Mr. Poole was completely unaware that the logos were posted on SSUR.org. I directed him to the site, where he saw them both posted. Apparently other logos from that experiment were submitted to him as well, but were unused.

- The team has decided to change its name to the Grapevine Drillers. Whether this is a result of the situation with the logo is unclear to me, but the fact remains that the use of the Cardinals name and logo will be discontinued. Thus, the issue is resolved.

- Mr. Poole informed me that he had a jersey made with my logo on it, and has offered to send it to me as a "peace offering" of sorts.

All that being said, I am currently negotiating with Mr. Poole and the Drillers to develop an identity for his team. I would like to say that Mr. Poole is a genuinely nice guy, and that he was very understanding of the situation. I was pleased that he called me to work the issue out, and that it did not have to resort to a legal matter.

Case closed.

Well, this certainly looks to be resolving quite nicely. Hopefully you'll be able to work with them on developing their new identity and be sure to post a copy of the Cardinal jersey if and when you receive it.

PS - Did that "someone from the Atlanta area" who won the name the team contest perchance ask to be compensated in caramel apple empanadas? Just askin'.

Well, this certainly looks to be resolving quite nicely. Hopefully you'll be able to work with them on developing their new identity and be sure to post a copy of the Cardinal jersey if and when you receive it.

PS - Did that "someone from the Atlanta area" who won the name the team contest perchance ask to be compensated in caramel apple empanadas? Just askin'.

Oh yeah. Yale went there.

Glad to hear that everything worked out for ya, Bradroseed!

sticksstones4.png

The world's foremost practitioners of professional tag-team wrestling.

Sensational outcome.

Not only gets a jersey with his design, but gets a shot at the Drillers logo.

(I still would have liked to have engaged in an email campaign)

As for Drillers, I hate the name; Cardinals is much better.

Not having much of an oil industry down under, the word Driller is mostly associated with anal sex here. (See if that phrase gets through). So for me, Cardinals, some of whom are also... never mind, is a better name.

Oh, and I've got a site.

Footy Jumpers Dot Com

Sensational outcome.

Not only gets a jersey with his design, but gets a shot at the Drillers logo.

(I still would have liked to have engaged in an email campaign)

As for Drillers, I hate the name; Cardinals is much better.

Not having much of an oil industry down under, the word Driller is mostly associated with anal sex here. (See if that phrase gets through). So for me, Cardinals, some of whom are also... never mind, is a better name.

Well, the Down Under terminology would certainly make for an interesting Nitroseed logo.

Glad to see that the guy ended up being a nice guy and it ended up being an accident. That's nice of him to give you a jersey. Hell, you could just use that logo as a fantasy football logo, model the jerseys the same and skip the whole process of having a jersey custom made. ^_^

IUe6Hvh.png

Archived