Authentic jersey Question

EagleFan344

A 54 will fit very loosely unless you are significantly overweight. I have a Carolina Pantheres size 52 that I had to cut down significantly to not feel like I was wearing a night shirt. I am 5' 9 and 190

So they r very long? longer than replicas?

They aren't long, actually the length is less than what the teams usually get. The 54 relates to chest, so the shoulders are wider and the sleeves are a little longer. I paid about $30 to have mine cut down to fit by the local dry cleaners.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

They aren't long, actually the length is less than what the teams usually get. The 54 relates to chest, so the shoulders are wider and the sleeves are a little longer. I paid about $30 to have mine cut down to fit by the local dry cleaners.

cause each position the jerseys look different (o-linemen especially)

I have a game-worn Georgia Tech jersey that is INSANELY both long and tight. It is a 48, and fits my wife (5'4. 125) but isnt baggy on her. I can put it on, but it fits like a real jersey would, tight and smooth across the chest and belly, so as defenders can't grab it to tackle me. As that I don't have too many instances where I am carrying the ball, I need to get it let out.

It all depends if this is a fan authentic, or a real, genuine player version. I know that sounds dumb, but it IS different. For instance, real genuine jerseys some actually snap under the crotch to keep them from untucking. That is general linemen, not skill players whose jerseys tend to be very long.

But, if you are buying the $295 version with the sewn numbers at Foot Locker type, then it should fit fine. If you are ordering it online or something, go to the mall and try some on. They will let you. Just pretend you might wanna buy it, not that you are ordering and wanna try one on.

Hope this helps.

NCFA Sunset Beach Tech - Octopi

ΓΔΒ!

Going to college gets you closer to the real world, kind of like climbing a tree gets you closer to the moon.

"...a nice illustration of what you get when skill, talent, and precedent are deducted from 'creativity.' " - James Howard Kunstler

The NFL authentics tend to be cut for the fan and not the athlete. In other words, they tend to have more room around the middle than an actual "game" jersey (like paynomind's Georgia Tech jersey). If you wear an XXL normally, you will probably find it somewhat large in the shoulders, but it should fit normally everywhere else.

• 1 year later...

I've found it tends to vary by jerseys. I am 6' 180, and typically wear a 48 in Nike's college jerseys. But, I bought a black Vick authentic, and in the Reebok, the 52 fits pretty well. I'm partial to the 48 for the Patriots, though, because the jersey styles are different. They are cut wider than the player cut.

spikes.jpg

I've got 3 Reebok Authentic NFL jerseys. Two are 52's, the other is a 50.

It took me a couple of times before I got it right, but the 52's, being a slightly too big, run below my elbow, so I am always tugging on them to pull them up (I'm 6'3"). There is a lot of room in the authentics. I can't say if they are roomier than the replicas though. The only football replica I have is an adidas.

And speaking of weird sizing, the 2934 Sportwear College jerseys are REALLY cut big. The 52 I have in that probably corresponds to a Reebok 54.

Go Astros!

Go Texans!

Go Rockets!

Go Javelinas!

I've got 3 Reebok Authentic NFL jerseys. Two are 52's, the other is a 50.

It took me a couple of times before I got it right, but the 52's, being a slightly too big, run below my elbow, so I am always tugging on them to pull them up (I'm 6'3"). There is a lot of room in the authentics. I can't say if they are roomier than the replicas though. The only football replica I have is an adidas.

And speaking of weird sizing, the 2934 Sportwear College jerseys are REALLY cut big. The 52 I have in that probably corresponds to a Reebok 54.

Yeah, the NFLs run funny. I like the "playing" cut- tighter on the body, and a little roomier in the shoulders. The elastic on the arms is much looser than the college jerseys by Nike. It's tougher to get them to stay up (maybe it's Reebok's way of telling me to work out some more).

spikes.jpg

I don't know if this helps, but:

Height: 6'2" - but with the arms of someone 6'5"

Weight: 205

Suit jacket: 46L

I wear XL shirts, mostly for my long freak arms. Both of my Reebok authentic jerseys are 52s, and they are comfortable. Not nightshirt long, and not too roomy in the sleeves. I tried on a 54 last year, and it was too big - I was swimming in the thing.

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

I usually fit a 52 or 54, and bein a fat bastard I generally don't like a tight fit unless it's an undershirt.

it's sorta funny...I recall watching a Steelers preseason game once, Kordell Stewart was still with them. I noticed he'd untucked his jersey and it was real long, almost like the long tees that are in style right now.

heck, I remember when I was playing in high school the differing cuts: the jerseys I wore in freshman and JV ball were only slightly longer than the old style they used to wear in college ball til about 97 (hard to tuck in)...once I got on varsity I was able to tuck my jerseys in...our old roads were about as long as reebok's replicas (slightly longer than the replicas they sold at the time IIRC), but the next season's roads were long at the bottom...heck, I coulda worn it as a short dress.

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

Archived