WPost: Nationals logo coming early next week

Waffles

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply
This looks pretty official to me. No logo, but still looks pretty concrete.

http://tess2.uspto.gov/bin/showfield?f=doc&state=4p4nus.2.11

I'm not seeing anything on that link.

I think he posted the link to show that they are making the logo and that the team is going to be in Washington. He said above the link that there was no logo.

74372940.gif

This is an abandoned logo used by the 1991 expansion campaign that eventually led to the Rockies and Marlins. If I were to color this, the stripes would be red, the background to Washington would be navy blue, the ribbon that bears Nationals would be parchment with black lettering.

No please, not another blue-red team please!!!! There are like 20 other colors, why do they keep the same red-blue scheme????

Anaheim = red-blue

Atlanta = navy-red

Boston = navy-red

Cleveland = navy-red

Cubs = blue-red

Minnesota = navy-red

Texas = navy-red

St Louis = home-red, away-navy

Philadelphia = red-blue

Others with navy as main color:

NYY

NYM

Seattle

San Diego

Detroit

And a "new team" comes and decides to use Navy-Red scheme.

I would rather see a Burgundy scheme like the Redskins for instance.

No please, not another blue-red team please!!!! There are like 20 other colors, why do they keep the same red-blue scheme????

Anaheim = red-blue

Atlanta = navy-red

Boston = navy-red

Cleveland = navy-red

Cubs = blue-red

Minnesota = navy-red

Texas = navy-red

St Louis = home-red, away-navy

Philadelphia = red-blue

Others with navy as main color:

NYY

NYM

Seattle

San Diego

Detroit

And a "new team" comes and decides to use Navy-Red scheme.

I would rather see a Burgundy scheme like the Redskins for instance.

actually the number of red, white, and blue teams wouldnt increase because the expos were red, white, and blue.

Ahhh.. very nice, Icecap.. good catch.

I'd like to see some real work put behind this. I'm sencing it wont appear to be very well thought out, because of the speed of the release.

A nice forrest green and amber would be a nice color combo. But i'm betting on Navy, Crimson, and white.

Bah.

NCFA Sunset Beach Tech - Octopi

ΓΔΒ!

Going to college gets you closer to the real world, kind of like climbing a tree gets you closer to the moon.

"...a nice illustration of what you get when skill, talent, and precedent are deducted from 'creativity.' " - James Howard Kunstler

A nice forrest green and amber would be a nice color combo. But i'm betting on Navy, Crimson, and white.

Forrest Green and Amber -- never thought of that for the team, it'd be nice, unexpected, and different... but then you might get too close to interferring with the Athletics' green & gold "baseball monopoly" (see Bruins vs. Penguins battle in 1981)

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" News Facebook X/Twitter Instagram

Here's a little more detail from this morning's Washington Post:

Officials are still tinkering with the final choices on uniforms, but the hats will almost certainly have a script "W" for Washington, and the team's colors will be red, white and blue. The home white jerseys are expected to say "Nationals" across the front, with "Washington" stripped across the road uniform. The team will also have a red jersey to be worn occasionally, two sources said.

sounds sweet. I do hope they stick with the royal blue and not go to navy blue though.

a script W? eh, that will be OK. I would have liked to see a "DC" hat logo.

after all the MINNESOTA Twins use a hat that says "TC" on it. Why not "DC" for the Washington Nationals?

Just came here to post that, UW...

Sources: Expos to be renamed Nationals

By JOSEPH WHITE

AP Sports Writer

WASHINGTON - The Montreal Expos are about to get their new name: the Washington Nationals.

A city official and a baseball official, both speaking on condition of anonymity, said Friday that the team will reveal its new name, cap and red-white-and-blue color scheme during a news conference Monday.

That's relevant stuff...click UW's link for the rest. Could it be the end of the Expos threads?

Well..here we go..now at least Canada can say they only have 1 bad MLB team.

I haven't checked the threads, has that been said yet?

One bad team with Two world championships, which is two more than alot of american teams.

There are alot of reasons to bash Canada. This ain't one of them.

Stay Tuned Sports Podcast
sB9ijEj.png

Archived