Improving the Blue Jays

BallWonk

A conversation with a friend got me thinking: Now that the Blue Jays are the only big-league baseball team in Canada (now with 100% more Koskie!), what could the team do to try to grow its Canada-wide fan base?

My ideas were not inspired, but they included:

1. Put the maple leaf back into their uniform somehow;

2. Do an Anaheim and replace the Toronto script with Blue Jays script; and

3. Get the J off the caps and keep the bird's head.

Might a name change help? I don't know the extent to which folks in, say, Alberta identify with the Blue Jays, or even whether blue jays as birds are common throughout Canada. You see a lot of them in Minnesota and Iowa. Anyway, would changing the name help, and if so, to what? The Huskies? Mounties? Serges?

20082614447.png

some good points here, but i think the toronto fan base is just SE canada. bc probably roots for seattle or whatever, alberta minnesota. but i would bring back the leaf. dont take the j from the bird it will look bad.

"We have nothing to fear except fear itself."

f you took the new bird, actually made it blue, an put the baseball and/or maple leaf behind it, it could look really good. the old font was better too.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

some good points here, but i think the toronto fan base is just SE canada. bc probably roots for seattle or whatever, alberta minnesota. but i would bring back the leaf. dont take the j from the bird it will look bad.

Unless they were baseball fans before the Jays existed, most Candians I know are Jays fans...and even if they were fans before, they have the Jays as their second team (or their previous team as their second)

I personally don't know any Mariner or Twin fans...

Comic Sans walks into a bar, and the bartender says, "Sorry, we don't serve your type here."

. . . or the Orioles with an "O".

Oooooohhh, someone might have something to say about that. Of course he won't see it because it's not in a thread created by him to promote his original and revolutionary creations.

Unless they were baseball fans before the Jays existed, most Candians I know are Jays fans...and even if they were fans before, they have the Jays as their second team (or their previous team as their second)

There's your usual smattering of loyalties to other teams, but in general, Canadians are Blue Jays fans.

Of course, CC gives us the official company line that he likes the current look, but we all know what he really wants...

Toronto%20Blue%20Jays%20Logo%20Edit.gif

(as seen on Rogers Sportsnet)

with a little bit of...

Toronto%20Blue%20Jays%20Secondary%20Logo.gif

A Chris Creamer-SyPhi Creations joint creation.

WINnipegSigBanner.gif

Having been a Blue Jays fan for over 20 years, nothing will ever equal the classic, World Series-era look, but I could live with the new stuff with a few minor adjustments:

a.) make it "Blue Jays" and not just "Jays"

b.) incorporate the red maple leaf somewhere, preferably on the cap AND jersey, but one or the other would do.

In a dream world, they'd take the original Blue Jay head, the big maple leaf from the late 90s, and they could even keep the current script and colors, but I'm probably asking too much.

I know we're not on a first name basis or anything, but now you do. I'd venture to say that most people I know here that are baseball fans have the Mariners as their favourite. There are some exceptions though.

It will be interesting now with the Expos move. The support seemed to be about 50/50 between the Canadian teams before. I'm curious about whether the Jays assume the mantle, the Nationals keep the Expos fan-base or loyalties fly elsewhere. :flagcanada:

I dont know about you guys, but I love the J-Bird logo. Not the script logo, but the cap logo.

cmon CC, how you REALLY feel? ;):D

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

Archived