The Miami Marlins

Blackjack76

I beleive the "original" state team was the Minnesota Twins who named their team as such to avoid favoring Minneapolis or St. Paul, and it guess it sounded better than Twin City Twins.

The Texas Rangers followd suit for pretty much the same reason (not wanting to pick Dallas or Ft. Worth considering the stadium was between them). Plus you are all right "Texas Rangers" is the name of a branch of the state police that predate texas statehood.

lately i think state names have been used to try and extract fans from across a state rather than one city. Remember the "city" is the just the group of people who the team seeks to represent, at least in the classic sense.

I have no problem with State or Regional names as long as they dont sound stupid (i.e. Pee Dee Pride in the ECHL)

I still maintain that "Boston Patriots" would've been better, I don't CARE where Foxboro is. Historical significance just like the Texas Rangers.

At least New England is better than the ORIGINAL name chosen to replace Boston.

Of course we'd all be used to it by now if they kept it.

Elaborate

Bay State Patriots. The Golden State Warriors still makes me cringe. At least New England is an identifiable geographic entity.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I like those potential changes. Miami looks very nice in that style of script,especially the silver on black, and it looks better than Florida in my opinion. The M logo is growing on me, especially how it looked on the BP cap, as I stated earlier.

... btw, I STILL miss those bright teal hats and batting helmets they first wore. They were so hideous they were brilliantly unique. :P

ph_timeline_small_benito.jpg

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Dr. Kelso: My son is a big baseball fan. Not so much playing it, but more the designing and sewing of uniforms.

Tyler: That's neat.

Dr. Kelso: No, it's not.

miamihat2.JPG

I made it a little less garish. A little. The current color scheme is fine, but with Miami, I just think teal and orange. There's no need to look classy or scary with silver and black: you're the Miami Marlins. Your logo is a fish with its mouth hanging open. You needn't strike fear in the hearts of men.

Anyway can someone post those Miami wordmarks in a bigger file?

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

I like those potential changes. Miami looks very nice in that style of script,especially the silver on black, and it looks better than Florida in my opinion. The M logo is growing on me, especially how it looked on the BP cap, as I stated earlier.

... btw, I STILL miss those bright teal hats and batting helmets they first wore. They were so hideous they were brilliantly unique. :P

Hmmmmmmm.....teal hats and alternates.....

*drools*

1997 | 2003

Best. Unis. Ever.

... btw, I STILL miss those bright teal hats and batting helmets they first wore. They were so hideous they were brilliantly unique.  :P

Best. Unis. Ever.

I wouldn't give them that big of an endorsement, but I do love those. I remember buying one the day they were put on the shelves.

... btw, I STILL miss those bright teal hats and batting helmets they first wore. They were so hideous they were brilliantly unique.  :P

Best. Unis. Ever.

I wouldn't give them that big of an endorsement, but I do love those. I remember buying one the day they were put on the shelves.

I know, I was being sarcastic. I should've put a smiley :P

Not the best, but good enough.

No pro team should have the state's name in the title.

Haha, riiight...

Bronx Yankees

Flushing Mets

Arlington Rangers

Minneapolis Twins

Denver Rockies

Phoenix Diamondbacks

East Rutherford Jets

East Rutherford Giants

Minneapolis Vikings

Raleigh Panthers

Nashville Titans

Tempe Cardinals

Foxborough Patriots

East Rutherford Nets

Oakland Warriors

Minneapolis Timberwolves

Manhattan Knicks

Indianapolis Pacers

Salt Lake City Jazz

East Rutherford Devils

Raleigh Hurricanes

St. Paul Wild

Denver Avalanche

Uniondale Islanders

Manhattan Rangers

Sunrise Panthers

They all sound sooo much better. :rolleyes:

(did I miss any?)

Kanata Senators

Glendale Coyotes

8prlQWA.png

Last year the Marlins started to work a lot of orange into their promo materials, giveaways, etc. I think if they make any significant change to their uniforms, they'll be incorporating orange. I didn't find much, but they used orange in the World Series champions logo:

FL%20Marlins%20Logo.jpg

I loved those as well. I can still remember Charlie Hough in that hat.

charliehough.jpg

That is the only time you would ever see anything close to heat coming from Charlie Hough.

hooray knuckleballers :notworthy:

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

Archived