What's Your Favorite MLB Stadium?

amare32

Vote for your favorite MLB stadium.  

74 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Turner Field is the trailer park. Which means you should feel right at home, Joe.

Easy, there... Turner is one fo the nicer parks, and i've been to a bunch. Call Cyclopsis names, and i'm witcha, but Turner is no trailer. It is very nice.

The bigger question here is what makes "favorite" because thats the question. Which is your favorite. Yankee has history, but PNC is super new and nice. As far as favorite, i loved Wrigley. It was 1920 in that damn stadium, and I loved it. Hand-set scoreboard, hardly any use of the loudspeaker, no replays. Perfect for baseball. The neighborhood is a party, and the fans just love being there.

I vote Wrigley.

Yankee staduim is as overrated as Linkin Park.

PNC is so new, you might trip over the tags. New aint baseball.

PacBell is Turner but on the water. They are almost identical.

All the rest tend to blur together.

Oh, and at some point in my life, i want to get a buddy or three and go hit as many aprks as possible. Maybe three separate trips, and see them in sets, but I need to do that before I die. Hopefully before i turn 35. Anybody want in?

NCFA Sunset Beach Tech - Octopi

ΓΔΒ!

Going to college gets you closer to the real world, kind of like climbing a tree gets you closer to the moon.

"...a nice illustration of what you get when skill, talent, and precedent are deducted from 'creativity.' " - James Howard Kunstler

I've got to say, new Busch looks like it should be right up there. Seems to me its gonna be like citizen's bank and PNC.

There aren't any "gimics" or anything that's outrageously unique. But some cool things that are going to happen:

Home plate is being moved from facing the southwest to facing the northwest. This means from home plate there will be views of the arch and the st.louis skyline. These views will be better than in current busch because the centerfield fence/stands won't be nearly as high as they currently are.

Ballpark Village. This will be an area where you can watch the game from in a plaza in left field. Statues of the Cardinal greats that currently surround the stadium will be in this plaza. In addition, shops, the cardinals hall of fame and resturants will be built here, currently where home plate/third baseline is.

There is also speculation that seats will be added to the tops of the buildings in the Ballpark Village. I like this idea and I hate it because our rivals started that whole thing and we're just copying off them. But, it'd be pretty cool still.

The only bad thing to me is, the first baseside of the new stadium is about 30 feet from elevated interstate 64. Luckily, the outside walls of the stadium will completely block the interstate from the inside.

And btw, the stadium is coming together rather quickly. They have it appears almost all of the large pillars up and they are actually starting to add the right field stands and bricks. Its looking pretty nice!

See sig below. I am a life long Dodger fan. Been there only once but still recall my trip there fondly. I love my Dodgers and I love Chevez Ravine, especially with the renovations and taking out some of the foul territiory down the lines. Mahalo.

Stadiums I've been to or seen in person:

Turner Field - seen from I-20

Dolphins Stadium - went there in 90 to see Fishies and Cubbies in a day game

Dodger Stadium - saw the Bums play the Braves in a day game. Saw Smoltz pitch there

US Cellular Field - seen from interstate passing through ChiTown

Tropicana Field - saw the Red Sox and the Rays there; this is by far the WORST park that I've ever been to

Minute Maid Park - saw it from 310 passing though H-Town

Ameriquest Field at Arlington - been there twice but never saw a game

Miller Park - ate there at Friday's FrontRow; good food and a great park, it's just a shame that nobody goes to see the BeerMakers.

Astrodome - saw the Stros v. Cubbies there. It wasn't the best place in the world to see a game, but it was worth the trip.

Busch Stadium - went there when I was a kid and saw the HOF. Recently, passed it in downtown STL plus passed the site for the new stadium.

Arlington Stadium - I saw the Rangers and the Tribe there in '83. I remember that it was a small park, but nice.

County Stadium - I saw the Crew play the Giants, Braves, Tigers, and Royals play there in '00. I loved the old time feel to the place. It was old, and way past it's time, but a great place to catch a game. However, I spent most of my time looking at Miller Park being built there.

Fullton County Stadium - saw it from I-20. It wasn't pretty to look at.

Metrodome - Enough said.

Kingdome - Can anyone say Bevaqua?

Ok. I'm done. Mahalo.

dodgers-1.png

Ive been to both SBC and Wrigley (and pre-Mt. Davis Oakland Coliseum), and yes my pick is a homer pick but I chose SBC simply because of the modern comfort that was lacking at Wrigley. Wrigley is still definitly up there though, but its age in my opinion keeps it from being at the very top.

also, this thread presents me with a good time to say that I have a project that Ive been working on since xmas in relation to MLB teams, cities, and ballparks. I will unveil it once pitchers and catchers report. Some of you have allready seen them via MSN messenger

Oh, and at some point in my life, i want to get a buddy or three and go hit as many aprks as possible. Maybe three separate trips, and see them in sets, but I need to do that before I die. Hopefully before i turn 35. Anybody want in?

I've wanted to do this for the longest time before as well. I've maped out a trip and expenses before. To me, it was road trip/unsigned band style; no hotels, sleep in the car or with relatives, live off mcdonalds, beef jerky, ball park hotdogs and beer. At the time, I started in Milwaukee, to chicago, detroit and started east and then south. Stops in Toronto, Canton, Springfield Mass and Cooperstown for good measure as well. (And if you have to ask why those 4 cities, I pity you :)) At least this is what I wanted to do, but it costs money, and time off from work.

I'll only vote on the 3 that I've been to...

Yankee Stadium, it's very majestic and historical. But, I went as a Red Sox fan, so it wasn't the friendliest of confines.

Camden Yards, but we went during a tornado, so it wasn't the safest of places. It would have been much nicer had the game been postponed earlier in the day, so we didn't have to fear for our safety during the violent storm.

Fenway Park. It's cramped, smelly, expensive, and the seats face the wrong way. But it's the home of my team, the World Champion Boston Red Sox, so that rates it #1.

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

I've wanted to do this for the longest time before as well. I've maped out a trip and expenses before. To me, it was road trip/unsigned band style; no hotels, sleep in the car or with relatives, live off mcdonalds, beef jerky, ball park hotdogs and beer. At the time, I started in Milwaukee, to chicago, detroit and started east and then south. Stops in Toronto, Canton, Springfield Mass and Cooperstown for good measure as well. (And if you have to ask why those 4 cities, I pity you :)) At least this is what I wanted to do, but it costs money, and time off from work.

when I saw the Giants schedule for this upcoming season I began to seriously discuss another trip out to Chicago for the three gamer against the Cubs at Wrigley like I did two summers ago. But I noticed this time right after the series at Wrigley the Giants would be in Milwaukee for a four gamer.

Would be sweet to take in the three gamer at wrigley, rent a car, drive up the I-95 for the four gamer at miller....Im debating it over and over again. Finances though might keep me from doing it

I've wanted to do this for the longest time before as well.  I've maped out a trip and expenses before.  To me, it was road trip/unsigned band style; no hotels, sleep in the car or with relatives, live off mcdonalds, beef jerky, ball park hotdogs and beer.  At the time, I started in Milwaukee, to chicago, detroit and started east and then south.  Stops in Toronto, Canton, Springfield Mass and Cooperstown for good measure as well.  (And if you have to ask why those 4 cities, I pity you :))  At least this is what I wanted to do, but it costs money, and time off from work.

when I saw the Giants schedule for this upcoming season I began to seriously discuss another trip out to Chicago for the three gamer against the Cubs at Wrigley like I did two summers ago. But I noticed this time right after the series at Wrigley the Giants would be in Milwaukee for a four gamer.

Would be sweet to take in the three gamer at wrigley, rent a car, drive up the I-95 for the four gamer at miller....Im debating it over and over again. Finances though might keep me from doing it

You know, there were plans when I was there to make the metra (Chicago's suburban train service, its not the "L") go all the way to milwaukee. When I was there it went all the way to Kenosha and you could ride all weekend for 5 bucks. I wonder if that ever happened...

Or try Amtrack. I think those tickets are pretty cheap, cheaper than renting a car at least.

Voted for CBP, for it is beautiful...and I have Sunday tickets.

I've also been to...

Connie Mack Stadium/Shibe Park

Veterans' Stadium

Oriole Park at Camden Yards

Shea Toil..er, Stadium

Will be in DC this September for a Phillies-Gnats game or two.

"I better go take a long walk off a short pier or something."

Some people on this bolard have told me to do just that.

My "Ron Mexico" alias is "Jon Tobago".

You know, there were plans when I was there to make the metra (Chicago's suburban train service, its not the "L") go all the way to milwaukee. When I was there it went all the way to Kenosha and you could ride all weekend for 5 bucks. I wonder if that ever happened...

Or try Amtrack. I think those tickets are pretty cheap, cheaper than renting a car at least.

Well, if you heard anything about Bush's budget, I would reconsider taking Amtrak if I were you

Toronto, Canton, Springfield Mass and Cooperstown? Hmmmmm..... How about going to Cleveland while you're at it :)

I saw, I came, I left.

Plus it has the largest free-standing baseball scoreboard in the world.

Turner is taking that crown this off-season. Or is it just the replay screen? Can't remeber.

NCFA Sunset Beach Tech - Octopi

ΓΔΒ!

Going to college gets you closer to the real world, kind of like climbing a tree gets you closer to the moon.

"...a nice illustration of what you get when skill, talent, and precedent are deducted from 'creativity.' " - James Howard Kunstler

The only park I've ever seen a game in was the old Arlington Stadium. For once being a Minor League park, it was nice. It wasn't the most technologically-advanced park around, but it was better than around 75% (I'm guessing) of its contemporaries during its time. It was a fun place to watch a game, with the 'Cotton-Eyed Joe' being played in lieu of 'Take Me Out To The Ballgame' during the Seventh Inning Stretch. Also, Arlington Stadium was one of the first ballparks/arenas/stadiums to feature the ever-popular 'dot race' on the big screen.

I'll always remember watching my boyhood idol, Nolan Ryan, pitch here, as well as seeing the most feared hitters the Rangers have ever had in one lineup: Palmeiro; Sierra; Gonzalez; Pudge; Franco; and Incaviglia.

I've never seen a game at Ameriquest Field, but I've taken a guided tour of the park, and it is a thing of beauty. I love it! I've seen a lot of great ballparks built since Ameriquest, but Ameriquest will always be my fave.

tyson.jpg

even a big of a Homer that I am, I cant beileve the Metrodome is even on this list.

edit:

... and yet someone voted for it, not i, I may add.

I did because the only professional sports game I've ever attended was a Twins game at the Metrodome in August '92.

Who is this Murphy and when did he become the law?

I voted Comerica, simply because Tiger stadium wasn't eligible, and the only other park I've been to is new Comiskey, and I can't vote for a place known as U.S. Cellular Field. I wnated to vote Fenway, but I wasnt sure if it would be hypocritical since I've never been there, but it is my favourite to watch a TV game from.

As far as Yankee Stadium, It just looks too different now to still be seen as the park it was in the 50's. I know it wasnt this drastic, but it looks like they just tore down the old park, then built a new one on the same site.

"Hats for bats. Keep bats warm. Gracias"

Archived