Jacksonville Amberjacks Concept

nitroseed

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nitro,

Your work is amazing - one of the deadly sins is Envy, and do I ever envy your talent. You amaze me everytime you post a new concept. I love your work.

In 16 years I can retire from teaching, I'll need a new profession - a graphic artist apeals to me.

Maybe in those 16 years I will be able to produce such fine work as yours!

Amberjacks?? It's fun to learn something new, thanks for sharing your work. :notworthy:

This fish is a bit bigger, check it out. Amberjack

Kansas-BB-banner.png My-son-Soldier-banner.png

Kansas City Scouts (CHL) Orr Cup Champions 2010, 2019, 2021         St. Joseph Pony Express (ULL)  2023 Champions     Kansas City Cattle (CL)

i learned something new (i came into this thread thinking it was a miner mining for amber...silly me) and think an amberjack might make for good eatin :P

there's nothing I can add to the praise B)

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

I'm not normally into fish logos--but that is one nice logo--good use of shape, space, and colour...

Too many times logos don't make good use of space...

Comic Sans walks into a bar, and the bartender says, "Sorry, we don't serve your type here."

I've been staring at this one a lot lately, because I really like it.

I noticed something though (probably just a result of hours of staring trying to find a flaw): the amberjack is slightly tilted, so that even though we see the profile, it is moving toward the viewer. The mouth however looks almost flat, like a 2d profile. I may be completely off base here, like I said, I've been staring for a while.

Anyone else think that? Or am I nuts? :wacko:

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Are you incorporating baseball into any logo? That's probably the only (and very insignificant) missing element I see, since it is a baseball team

There are many teams that don't use a baseball in their primary logo. :blink:

Kansas-BB-banner.png My-son-Soldier-banner.png

Kansas City Scouts (CHL) Orr Cup Champions 2010, 2019, 2021         St. Joseph Pony Express (ULL)  2023 Champions     Kansas City Cattle (CL)

I love that color palette.

the amberjack is slightly tilted, so that even though we see the profile, it is moving toward the viewer.

The way I see it, the fish is "twisted" in the air, which is why it appears that way. I find the perspective believeable, if not accurate.

I would not like to see a baseball in this logo . . . at all.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

Although a great design as always, I'm impressed by the colors used. In the past, I was never much of a fan of orange. This logo has changed my mind. Outstanding!

shysters_sm.jpg

"One of my concerns is shysters show up and take advantage of people's good will and generosity".

Archived