Players Who's #'s Should Be Retired

the_cynic

Read the article below and tell me how often this happens. It seems that somebody in the Jazz's front office still has a problem with Adrian Dantley. I knew he and Frank Layden had fueds in the past but that doesn't seem to be a problem anymore. I also know that Jazz owner Larry Miller has had it out for Dantely as well but my good friend within the Jazz front office has told me that they'll probably retire his #4 in the next couple years.

Deseret News Article

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Mark McGwire in St. Louis...but that might happen...not that i've heard anything but I can see it happening. Also Willie McGee.

#23 needs to be below the "hey hey" flag at wrigley (Ryno)

Johnathan Quinn for the Bears :D

The Steelers I can see. Sandberg, OK.

McGwire? In St.Louis? No way, only ther a couple yeras.

Dierdorf, he was a lineman and an idiot on tv. Dobler deserves it more.

Molitor for the Brewers maybe.

Moore(out of respect)? Suicide for a gopher ball deserves respect?

Baylor did more with the Orioles, at least he played a position there.

Oneill is far from Yankee quality to retire his number.

Carter's real career was in Montreal.

McGraw was better with the Mets.

Henderson is to travelled to be retired for any one team.

The first requirement for retiring a number should be a significant contribution to a team, for more than one season.

At least 75% of his career with that team.

And the Hall of Fame. If a guy is considered one of the greatest of all time why should his number be retired?

Mark McGwire in St. Louis...but that might happen...not that i've heard anything but I can see it happening. Also Willie McGee.

#23 needs to be below the "hey hey" flag at wrigley (Ryno)

Johnathan Quinn for the Bears :D

The owners are taking a HOF policy with the numbers.

McGwire is pretty much a gurantee to be retired. He was here a few years and made huge contributions.

McGee really deserves it, but he'll probably never make the Hall. Fans won't let them had 51 out to anyone else, so the number is unofficially retired. Hopefully the owners decide to make it official without the Hall.

Oh, I also thought I'd add that I think Ray Lankford should get consideration from the Cards.

He'll never make the Hall, and at times (especially his last few years) he was underappreciated and somewhat disliked (baseball wise) but Ray Lankford was a great Cardinal, and he was almost a Cardinal his entire career.

Archived