Ottawa Senators Alternate Barberpole Jersey

spyboy1

I gotta say, those look pretty damn slick.

^_^

They really do.

NCFA-FCS/CBB: Minnesota A&M | RANZBA (OOTP): Auckland Warriors | USA: Front Range United | IFA: Toverit Helsinki | FOBL: Kentucky Juggernaut

Minnesota A&M 2012 National Champions 2013 National Finalist, 2014 National Semi-finals 2012, 2013, 2014 Big 4 Conference Champions

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I really wanted to make one of these, so I kept my eyes open for any kind of black, red & white striped shirts or jerseys. After some research, I learned that the current Ottawa 67's of the Quebec Major Junior Hockey League were wearing very similarly striped jerseys as a tribute to the city's past history.

The 67's are in the O not the Q. Just to clarify. ^_^

:shocked:

sweet!

Four times IHL Nielson Cup Champions - Montréal Shamrocks (2008-2009 // 2009-2010 // 2012-2013 // 2014-2015)

Five times TNFF Confederation Cup Champions - Yellowknife Eagles (2009 CC VI // 2010 CC VII // 2015 CC XII // 2017 CC XIV // 2018 CC XV)

Hey, longtime lurker first time poster and MAJOR Senators fan!

Those jerseys are intense! I love them!

Just an amazing! :notworthy:

The Sens should definitely think of adopting them as possibly part of the NHL's Vintage series.

As for what they look like on the ice I've personally attended a few 67s games where the barberpoles were in use and IMO they look damn good on the ice too!

SignatureNHL.png

"Nothing in biology makes sense except in the light of evolution"

spyboy,

Telling by your story, seems like you lucked out on several occasions. The jerseys are looking fantastic! I'm thoroughly impressed. As for the Sens adopting them, I don't think it'd be a good idea, because they have three different styles going well for them as is. Adam could be on to something, though; it'd be great to see something similar as part of the vintage series.

As for the 67's, the barber-pole look is absolutely classic! One of the best looks in the minors, in my biased opinion. Pity they had to ruin it with the 'modern' junk they wear now. A puck as a mascot? What a shocker...If it was up to me, they should have stuck with barber-poles and Riley the Racoon.

riley-melnyk.jpg

NHLPlayoffSigOTT.gif

Thanks for all the compliments! I'm really pleased to see they went over so well. I plan on adding a Roger Neilson memorial patch to it now that it's lettered.

The company that did the customizing for me was Greendog Sports in Minneapolis.

For anyone who is serious about wanting one of these, here is the recipie.

The jersey is an Athletic Knit Pro Series H550B Ottawa 67's away jersey #608. Most any website that does team jersey orders sells them, usually with a minimum order of 8 to 10. However, there are places that will sell you one for about $32-37.

http://www.magictouchgraphics.com/uncreste...ml#anchor541693

http://www.hockeyservices.com/hockey/jerseys/frjrpo.html

For the crests, go to ebay and paste this in for your search;

(ottawa,senators) (patch,patches) -(washington,cfl,rough,nationals)

This will give you Ottawa Senators without giving you Washington Senators to sift through.

The main crests are easy to get in both standard and 3D versions. For the sleeves, you want them about 4 inches. There are 7inch ones out there are too big. Small versions of the main crest are easy to come by. The "S" logo are a bit tougher. This should run you about $20 for the three patches.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...item=5176314345

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...item=5176652673

After that, just ask for 4 inch sleeve numbers and 12 inch back numbers on a 14 inch white square. The letters for the name are 3 1/2 inches tall. I paid about $85 for the lettering. You might be able to get it done cheaper, especially if you pick a shorter name or a single digit number.

JeffB

HansonsSig.jpg

Click here to read Third String Goalie - The Hockey Jersey of the Day Blog

Click here to see my hockey and baseball jersey collection online

?You don?t like to see 20 kids punching 20 other kids. But it?s not a disgrace, It?s hockey.? - Michael Farber

The company that did the customizing for me was Greendog Sports in Minneapolis.

Dude, you shoulda brought it over after you picked it up--Green Dog is literally around the corner from my place! I didn't know they did that kind of stuff.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

spyboy, that is just too dang cool. It's wicked hot cool! Honestly, this inspires me to do that myself for a different team. I may have to use the Ottawa 67s template, but I would much rather track down a Chicago Blackhawks barberpole style jersey.

Awesome execution of an awesome design! :notworthy:

4409811293_559b1d05dd_o.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Since I'm a true-blue Leaf fan I totally hate the mighty Sens. But being a life-long student of uniform design I've got to tell you I really love that striped uniform. The only changes I'd make would be to put a white border around the front crest to make it stand out more, and possibly add a lace neck (old school '50s). Make sure the unis are worn with the matching socks. :flagcanada:

• 8 months later...
  • 1 month later...

UPDATE!

My wife got a call from a vendor, asking if we would be interested in any tickets for a Wild game. She called me and I gave her my pritority list and we got my first choice, the Senators game this coming Monday. Not only that, we got 4 tickets, free parking and it turns out we're in the Club Level.

For those of you new to this thread, photos of my jersey are posted below.

So, come Monday night I will be there wearing the Senators Alternate Barberpole for all to see. This is especially exciting, as with the new NHL scheduling, Ottawa will only come to St. Paul once every three years.

Also, I have begun work on the Hartford Whalers Fantasy Alternate and will post another thread about that project as it progresses.

JeffB

modern-front.jpgmodern-back.jpg

HansonsSig.jpg

Click here to read Third String Goalie - The Hockey Jersey of the Day Blog

Click here to see my hockey and baseball jersey collection online

?You don?t like to see 20 kids punching 20 other kids. But it?s not a disgrace, It?s hockey.? - Michael Farber

I'll be at that game, I'd love to see that jersey in person. Of course, you'll be in the hoity-toity club level, while I'll be in section 216, next to the lighthouse. :P

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

I know its a bit late, but this is the first time I am viewing the jersey and I just wanted to know your home address so I can fly there beat you up and steal your jersey. You can PM me your info...

:P ... just kidding. That is a kick ass jersey. Well done my friend. :grin:

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Dr. Kelso: My son is a big baseball fan. Not so much playing it, but more the designing and sewing of uniforms.

Tyler: That's neat.

Dr. Kelso: No, it's not.

Archived