cards unis coming

vini

Seeing them on the players up close makes them look LESS like the falcons now. I mean, the designer that did these knew that sleeves were no longer worn by players. This may be one of the first jersey designs that take that into consideration. The black piping is intended to act as a stripe around the sholder. The white armpit thing creates a completely different look, kinda a reverse broncos thing, you can see this best on the back of number 58.

Had the replica not been shown first, I'm doubting there would be as many people thinking these were falcons rip offs.

• Replies 390
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm okay with the jerseys. I think they look nicer or a hanger than they do on the players, but they're still pretty nice.

As for the pants, well, Coca Cola called and they want their stripe back. I've got no problem with progressive uniform design, but I don't think I will ever take a liking to curvy striping schemes. I don't like the Broncos' or Falcons' stripes and I don't like these either. It just seems odd to me to have a fairly angular striping scheme on the jerseys and that wavy deal on the pants.

Have they made their shade of red on the jersey lighter?

I could have sworn arizona's red last year was a good bit darker than the falcons red.

It's the same Cardinal Red they've been using...I agree though; these pics make them seem lighter than normal.

The only Pantone they changed was the Yellow/Gold in the beak of the logo.

Red pants is too much red for a road team?? How about the '96 Ravens with black helmets and pants on the road?

It's not the red pants so much - in fact, look at KC, they wear red helmets and pants and even have the touch of yellow that the Cardinals should've added - as much as the threat of the Arizona Killer Tomatoes coming out in all red. With white jerseys and helmets, the red pants are fine.

The red jerseys are OK; the whites would be better without the Buffalo Bills-inspired yokes; and both need some yellow. Worst of all, if they intended the shoulder stripes to resemble the sunrays from the AZ state flag (or the Japanese flag as someone observed), the concept is lost completely when the jerseys are worn over pads.

As far as alternates go, I can't imagine the Cardinals would want to go play in the desert in black jerseys very often. Once they move into their new digs, it might be doable. A horrible idea, but doable all the same.

Go Fal-Cards! (Banzai!)

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

A yoke is the shoulder area, around the collar and to where the sleeves and body meet it.

Does anyone else think Warner looks like the guy who plays Jack on LOST?

As for the unis, I am dissapointed theres no yellow, I think it would have helped

set them apart a bit more. The number fonts stinks, the logo on the back neck

is overkill and the sleeves, well I just dont see the ode to the state flag on that.

Overall I do like them except the all-red, yuck. I just feel the greyfacemask is going

to look out of place on the these unis.

Someone needs to tell the designer that there is a pro football team in Atlanta.

Seriously, the black piping just ruins these - essentially, it's what makes them look SO similar to the Falcons. Without it (and especially with the addition of some yellow), these might have been alright.

I do hate the red nameplate on the white jersey, too.

Like most NFL overhauls these days, it's a step down.

I was curious what were the reactions of the Cardinals fans. So I trolled in ESPN's message board for the Cardinals and azcardinals.com's message board.

To sum it up, they do agree it's an improvement over the old, but they're not overly impressed. Some made comments about the pants and Falcons look alike.

My 2 cents? They're alright. They could do better. My only complaint is the "Bills" look in the back. It's out of whack.

It'd be really cool if they have black facemasks instead.

I have the feeling the Cards will change or modify their uniforms a few years from now.

Look at the Patriots. They came out with the all new look in '93, fans weren't so crazy about the uniforms. Took them a couple of changes to get it right in '99 or '00.

Someone needs to tell the designer that there is a pro football team in Atlanta.

Seriously, the black piping just ruins these - essentially, it's what makes them look SO similar to the Falcons. Without it (and especially with the addition of some yellow), these might have been alright.

I do hate the red nameplate on the white jersey, too.

Like most NFL overhauls these days, it's a step down.

I can't pinpoint who exactly designed the Falcons and/or the Cardinals uniforms, but the same designer (Verlander Design) created both logos.

Black facemasks would really set these off nicely. I am not against gray when it's done well, but progressive striping and retro facemasks clash big-time.

I am of the belief that any team with a color only used as piping on the uniform should use that color for their facemasks. The Seahawks would look cool with lime green facemasks, and the Cards would look great with black facemasks.

I like 'em. And I don't care that they share similiarities with other teams. Clearly there's been an evolution in NFL uniform design in recent years that's following a pattern. I would have been surprised if these didn't share elements with other teams.

I love the white jerseys the best -- with red or white pants. I love the sunburst feature -- very creative -- though it's lost a bit when the jerseys are worn with full pads.

I didn't fully expect a franchise as old as the Cardinals to do anything drastic. They modernized this adequately. I think it's a classy look. I'm looking forward to see how it looks on the field.

whats a yoke??

The yoke is I believe the shoulder part of the uniform. It gets its name from the old water carrier with two buckets suspended by a peace of wood carried on the soulders.

Hmm I am gonna reserve judgement on the Cards unis, need to see them in the line of scrimmage really!!

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

After viewing it on the players, I personally like the look as long as it is not the all Red scheme. If it was me... I would just have the white verison of the pants only.

The first thought of the striping is mocked the state flag a bit.

"Try not to have a good time ... This is supposed to be educational."

- Charles Schulz

viks.jpg

What is a "yoke"?

The yellow part of an egg.

or

The swedish pronounciation of joke.

:P

... As for the jerseys, I like how they look on the players. I really don't mind the red nameplates on the whites, since at least it matches the rest of the jerseys, unlike the Bills. I go back and forth, but looking at just the jerseys I like the red one better because of the crispness of the numbers, but when looking at the jersey/pant combos I really like the white jersey/red pant combo the best.

The white jersey/ red pant combo is sharp as red jersey/white pants. The all red look may look better on the field than on the pictures, which i hope is the case, because I don't like how they look at all. For whatever reason it seems like the red of the jersey is different than the red sidepanels or the pants. Hopefully its just the lighting.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Dr. Kelso: My son is a big baseball fan. Not so much playing it, but more the designing and sewing of uniforms.

Tyler: That's neat.

Dr. Kelso: No, it's not.

You know, if they had a black alternate, they would just look more like the Falcons unless the number where different like red with a gold outline or something

I like my women like i like my coffee, tied up in a burlap sack and thrown over the back of a donkey.

I'm not sure what to make of these....it's as if the Broncos and Falcons had a threesome with an NFL Europe franchise, and out popped these. I think some of the concepts people have posted on this site blow these away.

Look at the Patriots. They came out with the all new look in '93, fans weren't so crazy about the uniforms. Took them a couple of changes to get it right in '99 or '00.

I'd thought they got it right in 95 and then screwed up in 2000...heh, to each his own.

the Cards...it's different for them. I figured sooner or later, the logo-over-name thing NBA teams have been doing would translate to football. They shoulda had more yellow in this set though. Seems like in attempts to not look like the Redskins, they wound up looking like dem Dirty Birds.

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

These are the changes the Patriots made in a short few years I talked about earlier. I still don't think the Cards got it right.

NewEngland93.gif

1993 - the all new look...

NewEngland94.gif

1994 - Only a year later, they made some changes....

NewEngland95.gif

1995-99 - a year later, made changes... again. But it only 4 lasted years until the current unis they have today.

I got those from athlegraphic.com/FFP/

Archived