cards unis coming

vini

• Replies 390
  • Created
  • Last Reply
what are those lines on the fron of the 1999 jerseys :therock:

Those were sublimated lines, similar to the stars and such the Orlando Magic used to have.

t1_bledsoe_all-01.jpg

a_adam.jpg

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

A "yoke" is what the Cardinals pulled on all of us by calling these interesting, progressive, or revolutionary.

Lets count colors and stripes and piping color changes down the side, shall we?

berrywilsonport.jpg

portbacdansby.jpg

Oops, sorry, i ran out of fingers. There are angles that give these a "handfull of felt shapes thrown on the floor" look, and that aint a good thing for a pro football team's unis, by a pro designer.

Yes, they need red or black or yellow facemasks. The grey doesnt work, they are retro on a new uni look. Bad decision.

They arent bad in and of themselves. I dont mind them, and they look ok on. Much better than on the hanger. But what they aren't is anythign creative. They aren't a new approach, a new look, or new anything.

They look a LOT like the Falcons and Bills, the side-by-side iamges prove it. If you dont see it, your have a horrible eye for design and should quit.

Overall, lets see what the "new look" cardinals got:

They got a decent logo update, not a new logo.

They got a wordmark that is following in the footsteps of the other newly designed teams with a blocky, pointy, stand alone look that is neither creative or inspiring.

They got uniforms that are pulled out of a recycle heap of designs of the past 4 or 5 uni redesigns.

Do they look good? Sure. They look fine.

Do they look original, smooth, and clean?

NOPE.

NCFA Sunset Beach Tech - Octopi

ΓΔΒ!

Going to college gets you closer to the real world, kind of like climbing a tree gets you closer to the moon.

"...a nice illustration of what you get when skill, talent, and precedent are deducted from 'creativity.' " - James Howard Kunstler

They look a LOT like the Falcons and Bills, the side-by-side iamges prove it. If you dont see it, your have a horrible eye for design and should quit.

Absolutely! It is hilarious that people are here saying they DON'T look like the Falcons or Bills. Give me a break.

Are there features similar to those teams? Certainly. Are they direct copies? Certainly not.

Ah, well, seems that they should have stayed with the practice jerseys they were wearing before. Those would have been "clean."

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

Did I miss something? This article says 6 different combinations.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2042415

Apparently, they're keeping the old Red jersey and White pants around as a "throwback" or "classic" uni...

First off, Why? Second, then wouldn't that be 8 combos since they mixed and matched pants with those sets too?

KISSwall09.jpg

Did I miss something? This article says 6 different combinations.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2042415

Apparently, they're keeping the old Red jersey and White pants around as a "throwback" or "classic" uni...

Why would they bring it back for a game? Its like the Bengals wearing their old jersey again. Wait like 10 yrs and do it maybe...

I can't imagine it's the old unis - its a stupid idea AND the numbers dont work.

It's GOT to be the upcoming (and already announced) black alt with white pants (okay) and.. red pants.. (shudder.)

I dont think the black could match the pants...

These are the changes the Patriots made in a short few years I talked about earlier. I still don't think the Cards got it right.

NewEngland93.gif

1993 - the all new look...

NewEngland94.gif

1994 - Only a year later, they made some changes....

NewEngland95.gif

1995-99 - a year later, made changes... again. But it only 4 lasted years until the current unis they have today.

I got those from athlegraphic.com/FFP/

OT: Good gawd, those are ugly.

I can't imagine it's the old unis - its a stupid idea AND the numbers dont work.

It's GOT to be the upcoming (and already announced) black alt with white pants (okay) and.. red pants.. (shudder.)

From azcentral.com:

Keeping a mostly red jersey was one. The team will have a third set of uniforms, its classic red jersey with white pants, that it can wear on special occasions.

I didn't make that one up.

berrywilsonport.jpg

portbacdansby.jpg

I finally figured out why the uniform was leaving me with an unsettled feeling. Almost everywhere else on the uniform, red is kept from touching white by a thin black outline. It's like that on the white pants. It's like that on the numbers on the white jersey. It's like that up the side panels on the white jersey, but right when they get to the shoulders they just abandon this look and the red breaks free of its thin, black barricade. It looks like someone was using the paintcan fill tool in Paintbrush and accidently colored outside the border.

I hate the idea of any yoke at all, but I think it would look 10x better if they kept consistent and the entire thing was outlined in black. The name on the back of the jersey should be outlined in black, too.

It doesn't matter if the yoke is outlined in black, yellow or Seattle Seahawks green. The yoke's a bad idea.

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

Archived