Tampa Bay's old uniforms

Slater

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Really, I did. And I prefer them to the Bucs' present uniforms. I'm not saying the present ones are bad; I simply prefer the Bucco Bruce versions - and, yes, with the orange pants.

As a lifelong and die hard Bucs fan, I loved them. They were unique and around here (near Pitt) nobody wore the orange and when I did, it signified that I was a fan. I had to have my relatives buy everything and ship it up here to me. I was devistated at first when they changed, but I love their current uni more. The sad thing is, then they got good and the throwback craze kicked off so now everyone has the old and new stuff everywhere. I kinda get mad because I'm a true fan. That's why I'll sport my replica #82 Alvin Harper orange jersey. Just think, I had that and some proven superstar receiver's jersey or some new rookie (#99 Sapp) who was unproven and had a minor drug problem jersey in my hand and I chose to buy the superstar's that day ****kicks himself again and again.

KISSwall09.jpg

Really, I did. And I prefer them to the Bucs' present uniforms. I'm not saying the present ones are bad; I simply prefer the Bucco Bruce versions - and, yes, with the orange pants.

I'm pretty sure thats why I started liking the Buccs in the 80's. God knows they were never a good team. I still claim the Buccs as my NFC team. But I prefer the Creamsicle Unis.

Yale is a smart guy, except the whole living in Missouri thing....

This is exactly how I feel. I like their current uniforms and since the change was inevitable, they did a good job.

But I absolutely LOVED the old uniforms. I loved how the two colors went togetehr. I loved the helmet, the orange facemask, and especially Bucco Bruce. I have a replica Hardy Nickerson jersey that I won't ware because I want to have it forever.

It was the best helmet ever.

I wish they'd kept them. I think people would have bought their stuff if they'd ever been good in those unis.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

Really, I did.  And I prefer them to the Bucs' present uniforms.  I'm not saying the present ones are bad; I simply prefer the Bucco Bruce versions - and, yes, with the orange pants.

I'm pretty sure thats why I started liking the Buccs in the 80's. God knows they were never a good team. I still claim the Buccs as my NFC team. But I prefer the Creamsicle Unis.

Yale is a smart guy, except the whole living in Missouri thing....

That is DEFINATELY why I liked them. They were even a division rival (though a non-threat).

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

Don't they basically disown the unis now, and refuse to wear them as throwbacks?

yeah, pretty much. I recall one of them Dan Patrick interviews in teh ESPN Mag w/Sapp saying ya couldn't feel like a man in the Bucco Bruce unis.

personally, I like the current duds better, though I wouldn't mind them in orange. the old unis, there was one thing I liked about em...near-automatic wins for the Bears and Pack :D

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

I too liked the old ones, although the new ones are good too. The only reason the old ones got such a bad rap was because they lost so often in them.

If the Buccs had been to the playoffs several times in a row and were a contender most of the time, no one would have griped about the orange uniforms, which I think were perfect for a Florida team. I also LOVED the orange pants, but if they still had those unis I'm sure we'd see a monochrome creamsicle uniform....NOT COOL! :cursing:

NorthernColFightingWhites4.GIF

I love the Buc's old uni's, I would really like to see em wear em again and pull off a win or 2. Currently I own every Buc's throwback jersey I can find.

As for there new uni's I love em too. I think they look sharp in Pewter and Red.

That's why I'll sport my replica #82 Alvin Harper orange jersey. Just think, I had that and some proven superstar receiver's jersey or some new rookie (#99 Sapp) who was unproven and had a minor drug problem jersey in my hand and I chose to buy the superstar's that day ****kicks himself again and again.

Funny, I kick myself because I didn't buy an Alvin Harper Cowboys jersey when I had the chance. I was holding his and Irvin's old blue versions and both were on clearance. Decided to hold off and bought neither. Now I wish I had both they were so cheap. (Harper was the man in the playoffs... sorry it didn't work out in TB).

bottom middle looks the best.

I couldnt help but Like the orange as a kid, even though change was inevitable and the outcome was pretty good, I still miss those old ones, and wish they would wear them as a throwback, but the owners refuse.

twitter_zps93c9c8f9.png @josh_j12 smbelt_zps438edf04.png

CFA- Fargo Bobcats

I can't say I'm a big fan of the old stuff. It was ok, wasn't horrible. The new stuff, though, is so well done, that there's no way I could ever call for a return of Bruce.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ Branded | Behance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

I always kind of liked them.

I still think that the predominant "Florida Orange" and white were neat because they were original, unusual, and perfect for sunny West Coast Florida. The logo, which many see as kind of a joke, is also original-- an inspired two-color piece of line art on white, somewhat similar to Pat the Patriot.

The more I think about it, however, I like(d) them not because of any spectacular design or look, but maybe because now that they are gone, they remind me of a time and place that will never return and in fact is no longer there. It's that nostalgia thing, not wanting to let go of the past.

As a case in point, the Bucs only changed in the late '90s, but now that orange and red "look" will always make me think of the '70s/early '80s and the amazing 4 year journey from winless expansion doormat to the NFC championship game. That's what I see when I see the retro jerseys, old pics, etc. -- not the forgettable 15 or so years afterwards.

Maybe if Bucs officials had done a kind of an "update", similar to what the Seahawks did (and similar to some of the posts shown earlier) rather than the almost clean "break" they did with the colors and Bucco Bruce, we would not be having this discussion.....

:grin:

It is what it is.

I loved the old uniforms. That being said the ones they have now are certainly not crummy by any means. I just loved the orange and redish color combination. The orange pants were nice as well!

cobb-93.jpg

hey finally, a picture of the legend bob nelson...ive been searching for this for a while.

bob-nelson.jpg

peshtigobloglogocc.jpg twittericonkingslut.gif

I like the fact that when they changed there look they still kept some orange in there color scheme.

Something I've noticed with the reebok "throwback" jerseys, is the orange isnt the right shade, thats the first thing I noticed when I bought a Doug Williams Gridiron Classic's EQT jersey a few months back. The orange is brighter than what the Buc's originally wore.

Archived