Coventry City New Kits

-TD-

The shirts are nothing special, yet they look really nice. The striping on the shorts, however, looks ridiculous.

What's this new club logo you're talking about?

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ Branded | Behance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

0,,10269~557045,00.jpg:wub:

The jerseys are nice. Wasn't that the team that change their logo, but their fans were so outraged by it the team decided not to do it. They also have a sponsor for their stadium: RICOH

I saw, I came, I left.

I think those shorts would look awesome if you had a primarly white shirt with no stripes

So, let me get this straight...you'd want them to change the shirts to match the shorts?!?

Overall, I like the shirts (though I would like to see some kind of collar) but the shorts don't go with them all that well - and I notice they didn't put any goofy stripe on the change strip so why mess with the home unis.

Also, I'm glad they didn't go with that sorry modern logo. Sweet? It looks like a corporate logo for some pharmaceutical company.

who's that kit supplier? Never heard or seen. Any other club has that kit supplier? Web site?

They are probably just a local sports equipment company. Outside of the Premiership and Championship there are quite a few of them in England.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

I have to say I really, really liked the new badge and am sorry to see it isn't going to be used.

The kit is fine, but nothing innovative or anything to get excited about.

Oh, yea, the girl is pretty hot. :notworthy:

JeffB

HansonsSig.jpg

Click here to read Third String Goalie - The Hockey Jersey of the Day Blog

Click here to see my hockey and baseball jersey collection online

?You don?t like to see 20 kids punching 20 other kids. But it?s not a disgrace, It?s hockey.? - Michael Farber

Also, I'm glad they didn't go with that sorry modern logo.  Sweet?  It looks like a corporate logo for some pharmaceutical company.

Why? Because it's not an overcomplicated mish-mosh of lost symbolism that's difficult to reproduce and illegible with anything other that a magnifying glass?

"The brown bear attacking the platypus represents the victory of Westhamboroghston over Eastnewchadwicksenburg in a scrimage circa 1894, while the sixth (and slightly discolored) brick in the sentry tower represents the marriage of Prince Charles Waterstone II, the third Duke of Windernburgsville (what a bloke!), to his second wife, the lovely Dame of Midworcesterfordwellshire. The crest is incircled by a flaming wreath (interlaced with ribbons of blue, red, green, and periwinkle), an addition made in 1937, which represents the club's eternal commitment to mediocrity and frequent promotion and demotion between the lower realms of English football."

Gimme a break. There's no reason why a team shouldn't be able to honor their past and still have a modernized, functional, flexible mark. I'm all for clubs listening to their fans... but I'm now of the opinion that their fans are shortsighted and I find it too bad the Coventry City didn't have the balls to stick it out.

I know there were some grumblings when Arsenal released their modern crest (as there will always be anytime a new sports logo is unveiled in a traditional market), but I'm glad they had the gumption to stick with it. They're going to be far better off in the future, and I really think you'll see them have a lot of merchandizing success with it. Give 'em five years. I think you'll start seeing other English teams desperately lining up to follow suit, a decade behing the curve.

I dunno, messing with a team badge is where the traditionalist in me comes out kicking, and trust me, it hurts. As much as I complain about throwback for throwback's sake, most of the badges in English football have a lot of history in them, and were put together with certain symbolism. Changing the kits is fine, provided it's not too radical a change. But completely changing the crests is a toughie. While the proposed Coventry badge was a nice logo by itself, it's a huge departure from the crest that was there for many years.

Eh, I'm having trouble making a salient point, but I guess I differentiate between a North American team logo, and a football club's crest, which is used for more than just the team.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ Branded | Behance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

Not too shabby...

Even with the whole kerfluffle over the new crest, Coventry City's kit doesn't look all that bad with the old crest on these....

FANTASY TEAMS

Housatonic U. Dragons (NCFA Basketball): 16-6 (8-4 Conf.)--National Runner-Up

Jersey State U. (NCFA Football): Inaugural Year - 2006

Motor City Silverhawks (WArFL): 9-4 (3rd--National Conf.)

Lehigh Valley Ironmen (WAmFL): Inaugural Season--2006

New England Marauders RFC (RLI): 6-0-7 (6th place)

Detroit Spirit (AA): 3-6 (T-4th--Patriot League)

Brooklyn Atlantics (IBF): 10-5 (1st--Appalachian Conf.)

Boston Mariners RFU (WRU): Coming Soon!

New York Americans (SHL): Inaugural Season - 2006-07

Also, I'm glad they didn't go with that sorry modern logo.  Sweet?  It looks like a corporate logo for some pharmaceutical company.

Why? Because it's not an overcomplicated mish-mosh of lost symbolism that's difficult to reproduce and illegible with anything other that a magnifying glass?

Gimme a break. There's no reason why a team shouldn't be able to honor their past and still have a modernized, functional, flexible mark. I'm all for clubs listening to their fans... but I'm now of the opinion that their fans are shortsighted and I find it too bad the Coventry City didn't have the balls to stick it out.

I know there were some grumblings when Arsenal released their modern crest (as there will always be anytime a new sports logo is unveiled in a traditional market), but I'm glad they had the gumption to stick with it. They're going to be far better off in the future, and I really think you'll see them have a lot of merchandizing success with it. Give 'em five years. I think you'll start seeing other English teams desperately lining up to follow suit, a decade behing the curve.

Jeez, so righteous and sensitive about such insignificant crap. Sorry to disappoint you and the platypus but I never said anything about hating new and/or tweaked logos. I just said that I didn't like THAT ONE. I thought it looked too corporate. Do I HAVE to like any new logo?!? You bet your ass I don't. If you like it, fine, I respect your right to have an opinion that's different from mine without jumping to any rash conclusions about that opinion.

In fact, always liked to new Arsenal badge and don't have any problems with a team changing theirs. Many clubs don't even have much of a tradition with the badges or marks they wear on their shirts. Leeds for example, have changed it many times over the years and I don't have a problem with that. I just think that Coventry could do better, and they probaby will. Back to the drawing board.

Jeez, so righteous and sensitive about such insignificant crap...

If it was so insignificant, why'd you reply? You do seem a little militant, though... almost sensitive. :P

...but thanks for you opinon. I stand by my mine.

:notworthy::blink: Wow do all soccer clubs displaying kits use a hot chick?

I don't know about this one, but many (most?) Premiership clubs have women's teams as well. When they unveil new uniforms for the men, they also create a women's version as well and sometimes they unveil those at the same time.

Or she could just be a hot chick. :D

I do like the neckline on the shirts. Very cool.

Archived