New york mets concept

Snowcap30

I have to say that these are some pretty good designs, good use of the sleeveless jersey style.  But I'm kinda getting sick of this whole "black-is-the-devil" attitude that seems to be prevailing around here.  As long as you use it as a minimal drop shadow color, it can really enhance a logo.  I'm not talking about doing jerseys where black is the dominant color (which obviously you wanted to avoid), but you don't have to abolish it.  Also, why not bring back the pinstripes for the home jerseys?  Just a thought, I hardly think "Miracle Mets" when seeing a Mets home jersey without them.  Also, the stripes at the sleeve ends of the away jersey I think are a bit much (especially with a sleeveless vest style).

All in all, I think you did a very nice job, but you may want to try reintroducing black as an extremely minimal accent color...

QPR%20Sig.png

i see ur point. at first i wanted to go old skool with the 1986 those jerseys are awesome. my bro has them and they rock. but oldskool woundnt last in the MLB today as a regular so i decided against it

I dunno know about that, I think your sleeveless variation is different enough, but then again, but the home jerseys you presented are kinda starting to grow on me.  I guess I could see either one working...

QPR%20Sig.png

I reckon these are a really good set well done snowcap! Maybe you could have done an alternate influenced by the '86 team?? I always think alternates (particularly alternate concepts) should be a way for designers to push the boat out a bit and see what can be done!

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

I like these.  I think the Mets could pull off the sleeveless designs.  They've butchered their old unis with this alternates galore and dominant black stuff, so why not this?

To moser-- They rarely even wear those pinstriped unis.  You know it's bad when I turned on the Braves game and was shocked to see the Mets in pinstripes.

no disrespect, mose, most of us just hate the black fad cus everybody and their mother's wearing black these days.  it was like 'when the falcons, kings and white sox switched to black jerseys it was cool.  when the mets did it 8 years later it was overkill.'  ya know like that.  it's overkill more than anything else, like the broncos uniform template.

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

no disrespect, mose, most of us just hate the black fad cus everybody and their mother's wearing black these days. it was like 'when the falcons, kings and white sox switched to black jerseys it was cool. when the mets did it 8 years later it was overkill.' ya know like that. it's overkill more than anything else, like the broncos uniform template.

When it gets to the point you mentioned, Dis, then I agree with you totally.  But when we're talking a minimal accent color (most commonly seen in drop shadow effects), most people here rarely make that distinction.  The Mets are one of those teams where it looks good on the home and away script, but that is where I would draw the line.  I think black alternate jerseys for home and away are a bit gratuitous, but one or the other would be a bit more tolerable (i.e. a blue home alternate and a black away alternate).

QPR%20Sig.png

mos - i agree with u on having the little black as an outline to sorta give it dimension but its only a concept :)

thanks for the feedback. i am playin to do another one since i like making baseball unis now. im giving the whole hockey thing a break.

untitled-1.png

i see ur point. at first i wanted to go old skool with the 1986 those jerseys are awesome. my bro has them and they rock. but oldskool woundnt last in the MLB today as a regular so i decided against it

Old school is MLB!  The only "new school" idea in baseball is the new design for the BP jerseys.  Which by the way for the Mets, ouch!  They are the only team that went with a bright, secondary color.

2004 San Jose Sharks 7th Man Fan of the Year

San Jose Gold Miners - 4x Lombardi Cup Champions

Ok, I can't say I mind black for the Mets as a drop shadow. Heck, I'll say it looks good. they just use it for too much else. If they used this combination of hats, unis, belts, socks, and shoes they would be almost perfect. Only think I would do is add a black dropshadow to the NY on the hat to match the rest of the stuff.

mets.jpg

I don't care for the pinstripes, but it's still a viable option.

About the sleeveless fad.  A lot of the reason the sleeveless jerseys are around is obviously marketing and fashion, but I believe player wearing comfort is a part of it too.  I used to play baseball(catcher) for my school and we have these sleeveless alternates.  Man those things are comfortable.  You feel less constricted, better air flow, and it just feels better when you throw, swing, anything where you rotate and move your arms.   Owners and people who make these decisions probably don't care how the players feel, but they are nicer.

I'm going with Sabres. I also play baseball in a city league, and we have two jerseys...one sleeveless and one regular. I love the sleveless. I'm a pitcher/3rd baseman and the like sabres said, it's overall much less restricting...I even ordered my jersey last year (we didn't have the sleeveless) 2 sizes too big so I would have full range of motion.

Back on topic, I don't mind the sleeveless jerseys. I actually like them...I kinda wish the Braves would introduce a sleeveless alternate...or SOME sort of alternate...

BigStuffChamps3_zps00980734.png

Archived