Illustrator Help

pcgd

I am trying to create a weathered logo. So that it looks not only vintage, but as if it was painted 30 years ago.

Anybody know a good tutorial for AI? And a good site to find weather/scratched images to use?

I think it uses an opacity mask.

Try looking on Adobe Exchange for brushes or other aged effects. Lots of free stuff on there. You trying to do it only in Illustrator? Seems like more of a Photoshop job. If you do that you can try using the Machine Wash action/plugin. They have a good looking aged/weathered look.

thats what i meant, how to remove it from acrobat, everytime i open one, i click save a copy, then i open it in illustrator and i can not use it, it wont convert to live paint and i do not know why. so i guess how do you remove vector files from acrobat?

ad-sig-2.png

New and Improved Adrenaline Online:

http://adrenalinedesignstudio.synthasite.com/

thats what i meant, how to remove it from acrobat, everytime i open one, i click save a copy, then i open it in illustrator and i can not use it, it wont convert to live paint and i do not know why. so i guess how do you remove vector files from acrobat?

What I do is this.

First, in Acrobat, zoom right in on the pdf to make sure the graphic in it is indeed originally a vector graphic.

If it pixelates, it's probably a gif or other raster file in the original.

If it is a vector, then I save the pdf.

I then open up Illustrator and open the pdf. File>Open

It comes up with a box "Acrobat pdf plug in".

From there I pick the page I want to get the graphic from.

That's about it really.

Maybe you're missing some of the software.

Oh, and I've got a site.

Footy Jumpers Dot Com

What I do is this.

First, in Acrobat, zoom right in on the pdf to make sure the graphic in it is indeed originally a vector graphic.

If it pixelates, it's probably a gif or other raster file in the original.

If it is a vector, then I save the pdf.

I then open up Illustrator and open the pdf. File>Open

It comes up with a box "Acrobat pdf plug in".

From there I pick the page I want to get the graphic from.

That's about it really.

Maybe you're missing some of the software.

Follow those steps and once you open it it illustrator, it will work like any other AI file. If it is indeed vector.

Hey, guys. I'm trying to develop a logo for myself to go on my concepts and what-not. The problem I'm running into is that the white spot in the middle of the T2 needs to be a cutout so that it shows through to the blue gradient in the background. Any insight you guys have would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Here's the image for reference:

t2b.png

"I must be butter, because I'm on a roll."

Turn Two Design // Facebook

Hey, guys. I'm trying to develop a logo for myself to go on my concepts and what-not. The problem I'm running into is that the white spot in the middle of the T2 needs to be a cutout so that it shows through to the blue gradient in the background. Any insight you guys have would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Here's the image for reference:

t2b.png

select the orange and the white at the same time, choose minus front in the pathfinder palette

Just so you all know, I just came here to ask this exact question.

Thanks gents.

Welcome to DrunjFlix

Just so you all know, I just came here to ask this exact question.

Thanks gents.

And just so you all know, the technical term for this is "compound path".

There are a few ways to make a compound path like this. The pathfinder method is one way. The other method is to select both objects (the primary object and the area to be knocked out) and go to Object -> Compound Path -> Make Compound Path.

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

hey guys, this is really simple but... I can't get the smooth tool to work right. I know you select the object, but the anchor points need to be white boxes right? when i select the object the points are not white, they are solid blue and when i run the smooth tool over it, it does not smooth. can anyone help?

ad-sig-2.png

New and Improved Adrenaline Online:

http://adrenalinedesignstudio.synthasite.com/

hey guys, this is really simple but... I can't get the smooth tool to work right. I know you select the object, but the anchor points need to be white boxes right? when i select the object the points are not white, they are solid blue and when i run the smooth tool over it, it does not smooth. can anyone help?

is it easier to "simplify paths" ?

Carolina Dreamin'

ΓΔΒ ΓΔΒ ΓΔΒ

When a robotic Nixon is on the loose, we have a duty to take action.

I dont know if this has been metioned before about clipping mask. Im lost on how to use it such as on templates from hockey to footbal. Things such as hiding the numbers. Its hard to explain but im sure or hopefully somone out there understands what i am talking about.

4kv29i.jpg

first, make a copy of the jersey outline, with no fill, and bring it to the front...select the jersey outline and the numbers, or whatever else you want clipped and hit either ctrl+7 (pc), command+7 (mac), or object-->clipping mask-->make

hope that made sense.

first, make a copy of the jersey outline, with no fill, and bring it to the front...select the jersey outline and the numbers, or whatever else you want clipped and hit either ctrl+7 (pc), command+7 (mac), or object-->clipping mask-->make

hope that made sense.

Yeah it work thanx for the help, Plus does it always go white ( the jersey outline ) or do i have to select the colours before i make the clipping mask ?

4kv29i.jpg

hope that made sense.

Yeah it work thanx for the help, Plus does it always go white ( the jersey outline ) or do i have to select the colours before i make the clipping mask ?

the outline you use for the mask goes transparent (no color properties) because it is excluding (masking) the areas of the selected graphic outside the selected path. if you need to re-color (the jersey outline), you'd want to make another copy of the jersey for the image fill color.

Carolina Dreamin'

ΓΔΒ ΓΔΒ ΓΔΒ

When a robotic Nixon is on the loose, we have a duty to take action.

hope that made sense.

http://boards.sportslogos.net/index.php?sh...c=31557&hl=

This should help too. For those that are more 'show-me' than 'tell-me'.

It's the 3rd post.

Oh, and I've got a site.

Footy Jumpers Dot Com

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Ok sorry if this is double post or w/e just thought no one would read my edit post, but i was woundering how can u or if u can make mesh holes , and making sticking lines on AI.

Thanx if anyone can help.

I was willing to give you some pointers, however I have no idea what you are asking for.