Illustrator Help

pcgd

It might be your color format. In Photoshop, a nice deep black is a combination of CMYK or RGB, not just 100% black. 100% black will look gray. That's just the nature of the relationship between print and screen.

While something may look nice and dark on screen, if the black is a mixture of CMYK and not just 100% black, there is a risk of misregistration when you print the file, and everything will come out blurry and offset.

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

odd question here but this problem is becoming a huge pain in my @$$. I use Illustrator 10, and last night I was typing headers and labels for a color palette im working on for a friends fantasy football league. anyways, before bed, i could totally and legibly read the text i had typed. today, i open the file and all the letters are big grey blocks. I have to zoom in to 950% or make teh font size 75pts or higher to read the writing. WHAT HAPPENED AND HOW DO I FIX IT!?!?!?!?

~UJ

Sounds like the greeking got out of whack. Go to Illustrator > Preferences, and toy around in there until you find the greeking setting and turn it way down. If that's not it, you have a more serious problem.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

I use Illustrater 8 and photoshop and when I retrieve the file from Illustrater into photoshop, the black turns to a dark gray.The problem is trying to get the black to be black without darkening the other colors too.

Thanks, H

Try saving your illustrator file as an eps file, and then reopen it in photoshop.

Thanks guys for the fast response. Changing it to an eps. file did the trick.

H

odd question here but this problem is becoming a huge pain in my @$$. I use Illustrator 10, and last night I was typing headers and labels for a color palette im working on for a friends fantasy football league. anyways, before bed, i could totally and legibly read the text i had typed. today, i open the file and all the letters are big grey blocks. I have to zoom in to 950% or make teh font size 75pts or higher to read the writing. WHAT HAPPENED AND HOW DO I FIX IT!?!?!?!?

~UJ

Sounds like the greeking got out of whack. Go to Illustrator > Preferences, and toy around in there until you find the greeking setting and turn it way down. If that's not it, you have a more serious problem.

Anyone know a way to add to a Swatch group that has been saved already? The Swatches open differently in Illustrator then they do in Photoshop. I know in Photoshop just opening the Swatch you can make new ones into the one just opend and then just save it when you're done. But Illustrator opens the Swatch into it's own little window and I have not found a way to add new ones to it and then be able to save it. The only way I have found is to click every swatch in the one I open so it becomes a color in the document I am working on, then I can resave it over. But it is a pain to click a couple hundred colors to add to the document. Anyone know of a way to add new colors to a Swatch group in CS2?

hey guys, I didn't know if I should put it here or in templates, every time I use a vector football template and create lines and make it a live paint group, it totally screws up the template. I t clears all the inside lines and the shadows and turns the rest black. is there anything i can do to get a clean paint transfer onto a template? if not, does anybody have a vector football template that dosen't do that? Thanks alot

ad-sig-2.png

New and Improved Adrenaline Online:

http://adrenalinedesignstudio.synthasite.com/

• 2 weeks later...

Hi...

I was deep in the realization of a New England Patriots uniform concept when I realize that all of my fonts weren't displayed in the top bar. So i open up MS Word to check if the problem was the same but the Office software from Redmond shows me everything correctly.

I still didn't re-install it because i would like to solve the problem in other way.

Thanks in advance.

Regards, beatnik.

• 2 weeks later...

I just got a laptop that had Illustrator 8 on it. Does anyone know any tutorials?

What kind are you looking for?

Just something to start with. I know absolutely nothing about it. Anything to make something. Something for a beginner.

Me is back

I just got a laptop that had Illustrator 8 on it. Does anyone know any tutorials?

What kind are you looking for?

Just something to start with. I know absolutely nothing about it. Anything to make something. Something for a beginner.

http://movielibrary.lynda.com/html/modPage.asp?ID=97

This is the very basic stuff, though I think they're using a later version.

I'd also search through the pages of this thread, as this has been asked a few times.

Oh, and I've got a site.

Footy Jumpers Dot Com

I dont know if this can be done here or photoshop or where ever but i was woundering how or if can be done the stiching on a jersey such as the latest conept "jesery wallpapper", if anyone knows what i am talking about .

Can this be done threw illustrator ?

4kv29i.jpg

I dont know if this can be done here or photoshop or where ever but i was woundering how or if can be done the stiching on a jersey such as the latest conept "jesery wallpapper", if anyone knows what i am talking about .

Can this be done threw illustrator ?

Someone did a tutorial on how they did it, and it was f0r Photoshop, using functions it has and Illustrator doesn't.

I know this because I use Illustrator, but don't use Photoshop.

And I remember thinking they're cool, but not anything I could do myself.

Oh, and I've got a site.

Footy Jumpers Dot Com

• 4 weeks later...

I've noticed the puma jerseys were very strange in design. They were all basic jersey with a barely visible symbol or design that had to do with the respective countries. On my Olympiakos concept, I tried to use that approach with the logo on the white jersey. If that's exactly what you were asking about sorry. I'll try and find good pictures but I'm not sure if I'll be able to dig any up. One awesome thing I remember that Puma did for Ghana's kit a few years ago was make mock lion claw tears in the jerseys.

Edit:

Puma football has some nice close-ups of their countries' kits with a description of the image screened on each. Just click on replica shirts.

http://pumasoccer.com/pindex.jsp