Nike Redesigns Utah's Uniforms

barnesdesign

CAN NOT WAIT ANOTHER MIAMI LOOK-A-LIKE.... :cursing:

I can't believe players actually think this template is good looking. At least Utah is trying to fix the helmet color.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Anyone else notice that the numbers on the shoulders don't match the numbers on the front of the jersey? :blink:

Didn't seem to bother New Mexico that much?on both home and road sets, the shoulder numbers ad different than the front & back versions.

Then again, New Mexico wears adidas, so that could be a copyrighted style :)

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

Anyone else notice that the numbers on the shoulders don't match the numbers on the front of the jersey?  :blink:

Didn't seem to bother New Mexico that much?on both home and road sets, the shoulder numbers ad different than the front & back versions.

Then again, New Mexico wears adidas, so that could be a copyrighted style :)

I'm not sure that's what amare meant, jp. The number on the front is 23, while the shoulder/sleeve numbers look like they would be 32.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

What bothers me most about this template is that Miami did away with, what I thought, was the best non-traditional looking look in the country for one the worst... and now other schools are doing the same.

A lot of these wouldn't look so bad if that stripe didn't go across the back. Does anybody actually think that looks good?

IUe6Hvh.png

So is Miami the "test" version for these things? I think they outfit Miami in a design because they are usually successful, popular, and on TV alot. Then after people say wow or whatever, they put it on someone else and they must think that it's ok now or something. I'm confused. At least I know next year or the year after, Miami will have some other strange design and then the rest of the country will have it the following year.

KISSwall09.jpg

noooo...Nike is taking over the world! Honestly, this template is a very specific design that I think only works with more modern uniform identities like Miami and to a certain extent, Arizona. This is just flat out wrong for the Utes IMO

oubrutus.jpg

2qi7psy.gif

when you're replacing an old Carr, you need more than Les Miles

I really like those. I think college should have a more "fun" template, and wouldnt mind everyone using this or something like the Broncos.

Most of us blame Miami for dreadful new college football jerseys because they are the most prominent team and most successful team, and they've made a couple of major departures from "traditional" uniforms that most people don't prefer. The same could be said for Oregon - some of the things they've done are unspeakably hideous. But some of the blame really belongs on the Broncos for starting the stripes on the sides of the jersey, which IMO, has never looked good on any football team.

Utah just doesn't seem like a team that would wear these uniforms. Not that anyone should, but it's a little ultra-modern and flashy for Salt Lake City.

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

The same could be said for Oregon - some of the things they've done are unspeakably hideous. 

Keep in mind that Oregon is Phil Knight's alma mater, so they get extra attention as far as designs and ideas, some good, some bad.

Not any more. Phil Knight has severed ties to the university and stopped providing all funding. Something about some university sponsored group that protested Nike's sweatshops or something like that.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

I just hope that their season will be as bad as these unis. Go Cougs!

BYU has had their fair share of ugly uniforms the past couple of years. Maybe the uniforms just looked so bad because they played so poorly.

Archived