Logos 1893-2005

Joshawaggie

Great job! You could also do the ABA (1968-76) and the AAFC football league. That one's a no-brainer, the Browns won all four years of the league (1946-49).

And while we're all nit-picking, on the '67 Leafs crest the font is WRONG. That's the font of the early-'60s logo. In the '67 Leafs logo font the "M" and the "N" had rounded tops, almost like grade-school printing. I wrote Chris Creamer about this but it has not yet been changed. I just checked The Hockey Sweater Museum's web page and it's correct on there. Take a look for youself. :rolleyes:

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Excellent work. My nitpick - the New York Football Giants moved into Yankee Stadium in 1956. The logo of the quarterback throwing in Yankee Stadium is good for the 56 Giants only. I don't know if they had a similar logo with the Polo Grounds in place of Yankee Stadium or not.

That's some pretty amazing work, I've worked on and off since I was old enough to cut logos out of the newspaper to make something like this, but this is amazingly nice.

Great job.

Looking at some of the years by sport, its amazing to think the Candians won the Cup for four straight years (76-79), followed by the Islanders four straight (80-83), and then the Oilers four out of five (84-88). What an age of dynasties, eh?

I went to the page you mentioned as closest to an index and it had a login. I don't think you want to give us all access to your password, cuz it could be dangerous. Whenever you do find a site for this I will be ready to bookmark it.

Any volunteers?

Thanks again for your work!

dang, well when i get all the mistakes fixed, i can work on gettin a better home for the images. I'll see what I can do.

twitter_zps93c9c8f9.png @josh_j12 smbelt_zps438edf04.png

CFA- Fargo Bobcats

AWSOME!!!!

Well, if we're pointing out trends:

Anybody noticed that since 1999, only once were the champions ALL from different state/area*

*Area as in New Jersey/NewYork...

@Frenchie_TO
Owner of the Rochester Americans of the MLH

Owner of the Toronto Frenchies of the GCFHL6

That's pretty cool.

One minor quibble - the Packers logo you have for the first six championships is incorrect - that's the 1950s logo, the interim years between Lambeau and Lombardi.

If you want, I'll see if I have a scan handy of the correct one. What size works best for you?

That's pretty cool.

One minor quibble - the Packers logo you have for the first six championships is incorrect - that's the 1950s logo, the interim years between Lambeau and Lombardi.

If you want, I'll see if I have a scan handy of the correct one. What size works best for you?

yeah, i had trouble with some of the early logos, so alot of those are probably wrong, I really didnt have much of a choice. The squares are 95x95, so I resized them all to fit that. thanks man.

CFA- Fargo Bobcats

Great job, have to list a personal grievance though, with the NFL Super Bowl's like they are, it kills all the time i have spent memorizing the champions based on the year of the season , but oh well, thanks for interesting resource.

Completely agree..

yeah I screwed that up, I'll have to change it.

this is as close to a index page as I have, its just on photobucket

http://photobucket.com/albums/v136/josh_j12/champs/

the link tells me to put in your Photobucket password

| BROWNS | BUCKEYES | CAVALIERS | INDIANS |

• 4 months later...

Ok, I have the White Sox added.

Also, I made the changes everyone suggested, thanks everyone.

I made the Super Bowl winners to the season year, not the year it was won.

Any other problems, please tell me, dont be afraid!

Also, I made the folder public, so this can be used as a reference if you like.

I still see photobucket re-sized them, i tried to make them smaller, I guess I'll have to work on that again. They should be the size as the first file, the 2000's.

Enjoy!

CFA- Fargo Bobcats

Amazing job. Simply amazing. However, your 1961 Black Hawks crest is incorrect. It was retired in the mid '50s. By 1961 they had something similar to today's, although a bit less dignified.

Great job. Wow. (Insert complement here.)

Amazing job. Simply amazing. However, your 1961 Black Hawks crest is incorrect. It was retired in the mid '50s. By 1961 they had something similar to today's, although a bit less dignified.

Great job. Wow. (Insert complement here.)

i will change that, thanks.

CFA- Fargo Bobcats

Archived