Best Throwbacks?

Shumway

In each sport, who gets the prize for the best throwbacks in your opinion?

Here are my thoughts:

Baseball: Milwaukee Brewers...I just love the old pinstriped jerseys

Football: Detroit Lions...I'm a bit biased, since they are my favorite team, but the jerseys worn on Thanksgiving(all blue jerseys with plain silver numbers) are by far my favorte football uniform.

Basketball I'm gonna hafta go with Indiana on this one

Hockey I'm going to hafta go with Carolina, just because the Whalers jerseys are just that great.

As a general rule, I am very much anti-throwbacks. However, if they are used, it should be as sparingly as possible. The best throwbacks in any sport have to be from the 1940-69 era of MLB. Anything after that (especially stuff from the 1970's and early 1980's) is garbage...

QPR%20Sig.png

mlb

toronto blue jays ws ('92-'93) era unis

nba

washington bullets orange and black throwbacks that the wizards wore this season

nfl

san diego chargers powder blue

nhl

montreal canadians white jersey that matches the red

cfl

i guess they could be considered throughbacks now-the argos set before the rebok mess.

In each sport, who gets the prize for the best throwbacks in your opinion?

Here are my thoughts:

...Hockey I'm going to hafta go with Carolina, just because the Whalers jerseys are just that great.

Until the 'Canes actually wear Hartford's old uniforms, I don't know if you can call Whalers jerseys "Carolina Hurricanes throwbacks". Yeah, they're great uniforms, but they've yet to be worn by the present incarnation of the team that used to be the Whalers. The 'Canes don't have a throwback.

That being said:

MLB: early '80s Padres, from the Garvey and Gossage years. My first fitted hat, I still have it after 20 years (doesn't fit though).

NBA: Denver Nuggets' jerseys with the rainbow. So tacky they're brilliant.

NFL: The LA Rams set that they brought to St. Louis, with the ram horns on the shoulders surrounding the numbers. What a great idea they dumped.

NHL: Buffalo Sabres blue/gold sets with all the stripes around the waist. The dearly departed Canadian teams (Winnipeg, Quebec) aren't far behind.

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

mlb- yankees were it wasnt white it was beige or cream with black pinstripes. beautiful.

nba- i like the bullets orange n black

nfl- chargers light blue

or buffalo with the white helmet with the roaming buffalo

hockey- green n red n black devils

MLB- Toss up between the Orioles roads circz 1966 "Baltimore" script and Rangers unis from 1994...red helmet and red lettering.

NBA- Striped Bullets jerseys and Kings powder blues

NHL - Even though I don't care for the team, I do like the old Sabres gold and blue unis. Very classic look.

NFL- the best throwbacks ever made -

0621t0311.jpg

0621t0309.jpg

NFL: Powder Blue Chargers

MLB: Those Houston Astros unis with the racing stripes

NHL: Calgary Flames from the glory days of late 1980s

NBA: Lime Green Atlanta Hawks

Not to be stickler, but shouldn't best throwback be a uni actually WORN as a throwback? Or, are you asking best old uni ever for that league? Have the brewers ever worn the glove uni as a throwback or the Hurricanes as the Whalers? :therock:

savedpictures013-1.jpg

Best. NFL. Uniform. Ever.

3194332_7_2.jpg

Too. Plain. For. That. Title.

I mean, I like 'em, but you take the uniforms they had during the Barry Sanders Era, strip all the logos and stripes off of everywhere, make the numbers silver, and voila. The Lions looked great up until they began this asinine flirtation with black that is now threatening to overtake everything the Lions are identified with.

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

my two cents . . . actual throwbacks . . .

MLB - gotta go with the White Sox last weekend, very sharp, wore stirrups, appropriately baggy, not like the Indians in those red 70's unis, uggh.

NFL - Chargers powder blue baby

NBA - Nets throwback with stars

NHL - does this league still exist? :P

savedpictures013-1.jpg

MLB- Toss up between the Orioles roads circz 1966 "Baltimore" script and Rangers unis from 1994...red helmet and red lettering.

NBA- Striped Bullets jerseys and Kings powder blues

NHL - Even though I don't care for the team, I do like the old Sabres gold and blue unis. Very classic look.

NFL- the best throwbacks ever made -

0621t0311.jpg

0621t0309.jpg

Pat the Patriot was a awesome logo i seriously don't get why they replaced it with the Flying Elvis.

temp.png

Buffalo Sabres Hockey Est.1970

My picks:

MLB: I like the Royals' baby blue road uniforms that conjure images of the George Brett Pine Tar Game.

NFL: No question, the Chargers in powder blue. No. 2 goes to the Redskins with spears on the helmets.

NBA: Tough call here, but I'm going with the Phoenix Suns-Charles Barkley era look.

NHL: The Los Angeles Kings when they wore purple and gold.

Archived