It's Over!

jkrdevil

how many cups do the kings have? ;)

As many as the Leafs have had since 1967. :P

well played sir, well played :D

the real losers play in ottawa though. nothing since 1927. at least there are colored pics of the last leafs cup victory.

At least Ottawa had an official leave of absence as opposed to just not showing up for 38 years.

How do you explain Vancouver who hasn't won since 1915?

--Roger "Time?" Clemente.

Shh. I'm still lamenting over the fact it's been 87 years since Seattle won one. :cry:

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well let's see--since expansion--as mentioned before--Leafs no Cups--other teams? Cups!

Why since expansion?

Well it's a handy historical time reference, most of the people here were either born after that or at least started watching hockey after that--so it's handy...

Montreal-10

Edmonton-5

New York Islanders-4

New Jersey-3

Detroit-3

Boston-2

Philadelphia-2

Pittsburgh-2

Colorado-2

Calgary-1

NY Rangers-1

Dallas-1

Tampa Bay-1

37 Cups won-

13 teams-

0 final appearances for the Leafs-

'nuff said...

Comic Sans walks into a bar, and the bartender says, "Sorry, we don't serve your type here."

Zero finals appearances since expansion?? I had no idea Toronto actually sucked that bad at ice hockey.

Heck--even the Sabres (2) & Black Hawks (3) have made finals appearances since expansion, although they have no wins in that period (Chicago does have the longest current Cup winning drought--but the Leafs the longest drought of not even appearing in the finals)

---(be careful how you speak of the last Sabres appearance to a Sabres' fan)

Comic Sans walks into a bar, and the bartender says, "Sorry, we don't serve your type here."

Well let's see--since expansion--as mentioned before--Leafs no Cups--other teams? Cups!

Why since expansion?

Well it's a handy historical time reference, most of the people here were either born after that or at least started watching hockey after that--so it's handy...

Montreal-10

Edmonton-5

New York Islanders-4

New Jersey-3

Detroit-3

Boston-2

Philadelphia-2

Pittsburgh-2

Colorado-2

Calgary-1

NY Rangers-1

Dallas-1

Tampa Bay-1

37 Cups won-

13 teams-

0 final appearances for the Leafs-

'nuff said...

wow even the Canucks have 2 cups appearances

8prlQWA.png

Zero finals appearances since expansion??  I had no idea Toronto actually sucked that bad at ice hockey.

Heck--even the Sabres (2) & Black Hawks (3) have made finals appearances since expansion, although they have no wins in that period (Chicago does have the longest current Cup winning drought--but the Leafs the longest drought of not even appearing in the finals)

---(be careful how you speak of the last Sabres appearance to a Sabres' fan)

Yes, most people when talking about that series say the wrong thing and end up with their foot in their crease...err, mouth. ^_^

DUCKS BABY!!!!!! :P

Come back to me when they win five Stanley Cups. Until there, you're right there with the likes of the Hurricanes, Panthers, and Sabres.

Haha, the Canes have as many appearances as the Kings, and theyve been around for 30 more years. <_<

I feel a big year comin this year for the Kings. B)

teamsnew2.png

the real losers play in ottawa though. nothing since 1927. at least there are colored pics of the last leafs cup victory.

At least Ottawa had an official leave of absence as opposed to just not showing up for 38 years.

Shh. I'm still lamenting over the fact it's been 87 years since Seattle won one. :cry:

And we thought this was no longer in use...

19-18! *clap clap clapclapclap* :D

2004 San Jose Sharks 7th Man Fan of the Year

San Jose Gold Miners - 4x Lombardi Cup Champions

Shh. I'm still lamenting over the fact it's been 87 years since Seattle won one.

And we thought this was no longer in use...

19-18! *clap clap clapclapclap* :D

Damn, it's 2005, isn't it? 88 years. :down:

1917 Stanley Cup Champs

metsteam.jpg

Zero finals appearances since expansion?? I had no idea Toronto actually sucked that bad at ice hockey.

well they really don't suck at all, and never really have they've just had a long string where they can't be the best team on their side of the playoffs, but they have always been in the top half of teams in the league.

iceohio.jpgvultshelmet.png

crossout3.png

Pop Quiz:

Which division has seen the most of it's teams make it to the Stanley Cup Finals at least once in the past 10 years? (Teams that were in different divisions before the ones they are in now count towards the one they are in now.)

champssig2.png
Follow me on Twitter if you care: @Animal_Clans.

My opinion may or may not be the same as yours. The choice is up to you.

Pop Quiz:

Which division has seen the most of it's teams make it to the Stanley Cup Finals at least once in the past 10 years? (Teams that were in different divisions before the ones they are in now count towards the one they are in now.)

the Southeast :shocked:

yeah, wierd isnt it.

but the capitals, hurricanes, lightning, and panthers have all made it to the finals once each within the last ten years.

well they really don't suck at all, and never really have they've just had a long string where they can't be the best team on their side of the playoffs, but they have always been in the top half of teams in the league.

Yeah, but in the grand scheme of things, it's still mediocre.

Wagner Athletic Group

11-2 Saskatoon Steeds (WAFL)-NFL-2014 Western Conference Champions / 8-5 Calgary Pronghorns (TNFF)-CFL-2014 Confederation Cup XI Champions

14-6-2 Saskatoon Yellowheads (XHL)-NHL-1st, Gretzky Conference / 5-4-0 Saskatoon Czars (MLH)-AHL-T2nd, Calder Conference

7-1-6 VfL Dortmund (Weltliga)-Bundesliga-3rd, League / 5-1-5 West End AFC (WFL)-EPL-T5th, League

14-7 Saskatoon Sheiks (AA)-MLB-2014 Founder's Cup Champions

Pop Quiz:

Which division has seen the most of it's teams make it to the Stanley Cup Finals at least once in the past 10 years?  (Teams that were in different divisions before the ones they are in now count towards the one they are in now.)

yeah, wierd isnt it.

but the capitals, hurricanes, lightning, and panthers have all made it to the finals once each within the last ten years.

Wow. That is pretty pathetic.

Shows you how lucky some teams can get in the Eastern Conference playoffs.

6uXNWAo.png

Pop Quiz:

Which division has seen the most of it's teams make it to the Stanley Cup Finals at least once in the past 10 years?  (Teams that were in different divisions before the ones they are in now count towards the one they are in now.)

yeah, wierd isnt it.

Wow. That is pretty pathetic.

Shows you how lucky some teams can get in the Eastern Conference playoffs.

Not when you consider that the Caps and Panthers made the playoffs before the southeast division existed(I know what the question asked). They made it a while ago. The Panthers were a 4 seed, the caps were also a 4 seed. The Lightning were a number 1 seed so that was no fluke. So really the only fluke to actually come out of were the Canes who finished 7th in the conference (But were a 3rd seed because of division).

Zero finals appearances since expansion??  I had no idea Toronto actually sucked that bad at ice hockey.

Never really have?

You mean they didn't suck in 84/85--20-52-8 for 48 points?

In my books that sucks...

And that's not the only year they did...

From the 79-80 season through the 90-91 season the NHL ahd 21 teams and 16 made the playoffs--to miss the playoffs you had to be in the bottom 5 of 21, and for the 91-92 season it was 16 of 22 that made the playoffs--during these years the Leafs missed the playoffs 5 times--so at least 5 years since expansion you'd have a hard case to show they didn't suck...

Not when you consider that the Caps and Panthers made the playoffs before the southeast division existed(I know what the question asked). They made it a while ago. The Panthers were a 4 seed, the caps were also a 4 seed. The Lightning were a number 1 seed so that was no fluke. So really the only fluke to actually come out of were the Canes who finished 7th in the conference (But were a 3rd seed because of division).

Hooray for jkr's 4000th post :)

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" News Facebook X/Twitter Instagram

Archived