It's Over!

jkrdevil

Clearly there are no "heroes" here. Everyone lost in this nonsense. But for some strange reason.......the rage is passing from me like a breaking fever. I can't wait for everything to start back up and be normal. I'll have little junior up all night needing attention and provided the NHL finds its way back onto SOME sort of television I can DVR games and watch til the wee hours. Feels like old times.

How odd that a season without the Stanley Cup probably helped in some way save the NBA (which I couldn't care less about). I wish it had been the hoopsters on lock out but the NHL fell on the sword for all leagues.......not in a cool selfless way...but in a bumbling oops fashion...but still. A measure of sanity regarding spending has occured. Game on!

Keeping my fingers crossed the Caps win the #1 pick again. Crosby and Ovechy......come on come on.............

:D

The Official Cheese-Filled Snack of NASCAR

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

To be honest, I've missed cracking on the Futile Fishsticks of Nassau County and That Team From Exit 16W Off Of The Turnpike...and yes, I've even missed the futility of rooting for the Broadway Blueshirts and the crack-induced trade rumors of Larry Brooks in the Post....

Glad they got it done finally...although I'm gonna miss not reading about the latest Rangers loss...ah well, it was fun being undefeated :lol:

FANTASY TEAMS

Housatonic U. Dragons (NCFA Basketball): 16-6 (8-4 Conf.)--National Runner-Up

Jersey State U. (NCFA Football): Inaugural Year - 2006

Motor City Silverhawks (WArFL): 9-4 (3rd--National Conf.)

Lehigh Valley Ironmen (WAmFL): Inaugural Season--2006

New England Marauders RFC (RLI): 6-0-7 (6th place)

Detroit Spirit (AA): 3-6 (T-4th--Patriot League)

Brooklyn Atlantics (IBF): 10-5 (1st--Appalachian Conf.)

Boston Mariners RFU (WRU): Coming Soon!

New York Americans (SHL): Inaugural Season - 2006-07

Its gonna be a very intersting offseason as far as player personnel, but whats I'm waiting to see are the proposed rule changes......I'd like them to go back to the Win-Loss-Tie format for starters.

Yes, The Maple Leafs are back. Hopefully know with the cap Winnipeg and Quebec City or Hamilton can get back in the NHL (and when i say Hamilton i mean Hamilton Tigers old club.) and get Canada back up to 8 maybe if possible 10 teams! At least Winnipeg. Go Leafs Go!

:flagcanada::hockeysmiley::flagcanada::hockeysmiley:

untitled-6.jpg

Lead story on CBS Sportsline.

MofnV2z.png

The CCSLC's resident Geelong Cats fan.

Viva La Vida or Death And All His Friends. Sounds like something from a Rocky & Bullwinkle story arc.

Now the only thing they have to do is get the fans back. good luck thrashers, panthers....etc. I wonder if the fansll come back in most places or if theyll punish the NHL. I know im coming back. i still think they should have shootouts and only W-L and do GB or sumthing like that. :hockeysmiley:

teamsnew2.png

stupid american media.

Today of all days is perfect for the NHL to get a deal done. Worst, slowest, boring sports day of the year.

NHL should be headline news you :censored:ers!

As much as I love hockey, why MUST this be headline news? I think the ned of the lockout id getting a lot of coverage, only because of what time of the year it is. The fact that I've come to realize is the NHL is not a major sport to most people in the US. They're only offering the amount of coverage it deserves.

You used to hold me

Tell me that I was the best

Anything in this world I want

I could posses

All that made me want

Was all that I can get

In order to survive

Gotta learn to live with regrets

-President Carter

You idiots!

All the major sports site are now carrying it as their lead story.

Check ESPN.com now.

staffordsigbuffda6.jpg

Owner of

Kalamazoo Tech Kobras (Nat'l College Fant. Assc. Basketball, Football, and Hockey)

2006-07 NCFAB National Champions

2006 NCFAF Midwest Conf. Champions

Rochester Patriots (Major League Hockey - AHL Fantasy League) 2005-06 Neilson Cup Champs

Detroit Black Panthers (Xtreme Hockey League) 2005-06 Yzerman Conference Champs

Sheldon Motorsports (TRAC) - #20 Guinness Chevy & #21 UPS Chevy #44 Syracuse University Chevy

Commissioner of

MLH (Major League Hockey, an AHL Fantasy League)

TRAC (Team Racing Auto Circuit, NASCAR)

You idiots!

All the major sports site are now carrying it as their lead story.

Check ESPN.com now.

^_^ Yeah, they are now, but certainly weren't TSN-quick to jump on it. Way to go, TSN!

I might be the only America to have TSN.ca has their homepage.

On 4/10/2017 at 3:05 PM, Rollins Man said:

what the hell is ccslc?

Yes, The Maple Leafs are back. Hopefully know with the cap Winnipeg and Quebec City or Hamilton can get back in the NHL (and when i say Hamilton i mean Hamilton Tigers old club.) and get Canada back up to 8 maybe if possible 10 teams! At least Winnipeg. Go Leafs Go!

:flagcanada::hockeysmiley::flagcanada::hockeysmiley:

From a chat with Scott Burnside

Michael (Winnipeg): What are the chances now of a team moving back here now that it's affordable?

Scott Burnside: (3:05 PM ET ) Zero. Only because part of the point of the lockout is that Gary Bettman insists the 30-team NHL can be a success. Teams will get a chance to succeed. But is it possible Nashville will decide they aren't a hockey town? Yes. Then a place like Winnipeg could be an option. But that's not why the CBA got done the way it did, so Winnipeg can get a team. It was done so teams can stay where they are.

Archived