Palmeiro collects 3,000th hit

WJMorris3

Should Rafael Palmeiro be in the Hall of Fame  

47 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Rafael Palmeiro has collected his 3,000th hit today, making him just the 4th player with 3,000 hits and 500 home runs.

Though in this era of inflated offensive stats, does he deserve a spot in the Hall of Fame? Discuss!

LvZYtbZ.png

Raffy played so damn consistently over his career that few people really give him his dues. He is probably the most underrated player in baseball, but as Tank says, 3000 hits and 500 HRs are guaranteed tickets into the HOF.

Wagner Athletic Group

11-2 Saskatoon Steeds (WAFL)-NFL-2014 Western Conference Champions / 8-5 Calgary Pronghorns (TNFF)-CFL-2014 Confederation Cup XI Champions

14-6-2 Saskatoon Yellowheads (XHL)-NHL-1st, Gretzky Conference / 5-4-0 Saskatoon Czars (MLH)-AHL-T2nd, Calder Conference

7-1-6 VfL Dortmund (Weltliga)-Bundesliga-3rd, League / 5-1-5 West End AFC (WFL)-EPL-T5th, League

14-7 Saskatoon Sheiks (AA)-MLB-2014 Founder's Cup Champions

Rafael Palmeiro, welcome to Cooperstown!!!

Alots of HOFers are there with less of 3,000 hits & 500 HRs!

pennants.png

It's great to be young and a Giant! - Larry Doyle

I wouldn't say he's guarenteed. If the question comes up so frequently, he's certainly not guarenteed. He was a good player over an extended period of time -- but in my opinion, being good doesn't get you in. I'd say Fred McGriff deserves to be a Hall of Famer more-so than Palmeiro.

IUe6Hvh.png

I'd say Fred McGriff deserves to be a Hall of Famer more-so than Palmeiro.

HOW?

And to the poster above, Skip Bayless isn't a reporter, he's a columnist, and a douchebag.

You used to hold me

Tell me that I was the best

Anything in this world I want

I could posses

All that made me want

Was all that I can get

In order to survive

Gotta learn to live with regrets

-President Carter

he makes a convincing arguement. but yes he should. 3000 hits or 500 hr your in. and if you do both, guarenteed.

[gasp] i see stan musial in that article

i want to start a stan musial fan club! stan is the man!

He's a nodoubter. Palmeiro isn't overrated, if anything the guys is underrated.

Mr. Consistency. He's not among the elite best players that have ever played, like Aaron or Ruth but hes a Hall of Famer.

Proud owner of the Utah Pioneers of the Continnental Baseball League.

GBCanada.png

PACKER BACKER FOREVER!

I'd say Fred McGriff deserves to be a Hall of Famer more-so than Palmeiro.

HOW?

Stats, per AB are very very similar, but McGriff gets the nod in the All-Star games (I know, I know, popularity contest) and MVP votes. Palmiero's stats look sooo much better than Palmiero... but Palmeiro has had like, 800 more AB's

IUe6Hvh.png

Palmiero's stats look sooo much better than Palmiero... but Palmeiro has had like, 800 more AB's

Good Sentence. :D

I dont agree with that McGriff thing. Maybe if McGriff got 7 more HRs and 510 more hits then yea. but he didnt. so no. Palmeiro is much more deserving and should be in no matter what.

teamsnew2.png

The HOF voting now-a-days is a complete joke. The only way you get in is if you had good relationships with the media, despite your accomplishes on the field.

On 4/10/2017 at 3:05 PM, Rollins Man said:

what the hell is ccslc?

That article is a joke. His only real argument that Raffy should not be in the HoF is that he never won an MVP or did anything special in the postseason. Neither of those things are his fault. Then he says Raffy shouldnt go in because most people would rather have Murray play first base than Palmeiro. Well I'd rather have Jimmie Foxx at first base than either of them, but that doesn't mean Foxx should be the only first baseman in the HoF.

I dont see how you can deny a player who is one of only 4 players to have 3,000 hits and 500 homeruns a chance to play in the hall of fame.

fred mcgriff....??? maybe in the drays hof but not baseballs

but to raffy absolutely he is a lock to be in...on sportcenter today they said hes not a first balloter...i dont see how he isnt 3000 hits and 500 homers i never saw harold renolds do that

fred mcgriff....??? maybe in the drays hof but not baseballs

but to raffy absolutely he is a lock to be in...on sportcenter today they said hes not a first balloter...i dont see how he isnt 3000 hits and 500 homers i never saw harold renolds do that

Why not? Stats per AB are almost identical. Meaning that had McGriff had the longevity of Palmeiro, stats would be very, very similar. The MVP stuff, atleast, shows that McGriff was more respected amongst the league, no?

And while I never saw Reynolds gets 3,000 and 500... I've also never seen Harold Reynolds play 20 years.

IUe6Hvh.png

As long as you are a decent player and you talk to the media, you have a good chance of getting into the HoF. That's the only reason Jim Rice isn't in there. He was great, but he hated the media and never talked to them after games. They are screwing him out of a sure thing.

On 4/10/2017 at 3:05 PM, Rollins Man said:

what the hell is ccslc?

I think Rice's surly attitude towards the press is only part of the reason he's not in the HOF yet. During the last 4 or 5 years, he was King of GIDP. He killed many a rally with men on by grounding into numerous double plays.

Don't get me wrong, Rice was my favorite player growing up. But it's more than power stats. I think he'll get in as a write-in somewhere down the line.

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

Archived