Best NHL Alternate Jersey

kingssss

Which Team Wears Your Favorite Alt Jersey?  

288 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Why don't New York and New Jersey just get it over with and become one state? You guys are like best friends over there.

Actually, I'd like for SE PA and South Jersey to become one state, leave western Pennsyl-tucky to be it's own state.

North Jersey could stay independant or join NY for all I care.

Back to the jerseys, I vote for Blue Jackets.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I voted for BUF's 3rd. I like the logo - it pays homage to the old blue and gold uniforms - a puck crossed by sabres. Sweet!

However, to revert to my impartial self - I'd have to say that Columbus has the best 3rd in the league. It's a really sharp uniform. Others I like ( besides CBJ & BUF ): MIN, NYR, OTT, and SJ.

I don't like: ATL ( just b/c of the " Atlanta " down the sleeve ), BOS ( The bear MUST die ), DAL ( " mooterus " - what the heck is that? ), NSH ( mustard ), NYI / PHI ( traffic cone ).

At least DAL won't have the mooterus after this year!

Pennsyl-tucky

Not clever.

How about West Pennsyl-ginia?

:D

(I can pick on PA...I went to school in York and there's a good reason why York natives LIVE dedicated the song S**t Towne on the Throwing Copper album to it...)

FANTASY TEAMS

Housatonic U. Dragons (NCFA Basketball): 16-6 (8-4 Conf.)--National Runner-Up

Jersey State U. (NCFA Football): Inaugural Year - 2006

Motor City Silverhawks (WArFL): 9-4 (3rd--National Conf.)

Lehigh Valley Ironmen (WAmFL): Inaugural Season--2006

New England Marauders RFC (RLI): 6-0-7 (6th place)

Detroit Spirit (AA): 3-6 (T-4th--Patriot League)

Brooklyn Atlantics (IBF): 10-5 (1st--Appalachian Conf.)

Boston Mariners RFU (WRU): Coming Soon!

New York Americans (SHL): Inaugural Season - 2006-07

Here's why I hate Atlanta's Third Jersey

1. The sleeve striping. It is only on one side, I can't get over how stupid and awful that looks.

2. Atlanta down the sleeve. Uneccessary just adds to the crap that is only on one sleeve.

3. The seams. The seams are a darker blue, it looks like the jersey is inside out.

4. The color. The light blue doesn't work on TV. It looks darker and you really have to look at it to see what color it really is. Also light blue is such a small part of the their color scheme. Red or even yellow would have been better.

That is all.

iceohio.jpgvultshelmet.png

crossout3.png

Pennsyl-tucky

Not clever.

sure it is. Dude, half of my family grew up in PA. I have roots that go back here generations...

....and even those guys called it Pennsyltucky. Jesus, have you seen this state?

You have one of the northern-most states, and more than half of the people fly Confederate flags. The huh?

Of course, the love of NASCAR doesn't help this case.

Pennsy sucks. Thats the long and short of it.

Stay Tuned Sports Podcast
sB9ijEj.png

Why don't New York and New Jersey just get it over with and become one state? You guys are like best friends over there.

Because nobody wants to see the 49 stars' flag again... :P

49star.gif

flag_49_ike.jpg

pennants.png

It's great to be young and a Giant! - Larry Doyle

Pennsyl-tucky

Not clever.

I live in SE Pa, went to college in Western PA, spent years in Pgh, and still travel out there very often. Western PA (actually most of the state outside of the Deleware Valley) is nothing like Eastern PA. I'm not "dissing" western PA, but the way of life is extremely different. Culturally, it isn't really the same state, and financially, it isn't even close.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Liberty Island, while closer to New Jersey, is part of New York State.

:P <--- I'm joking face. And for future reference: ^_^ <--- That concept gives me a hard-on.

Honestly, it doesn't matter to me. I'm not going to beat this tired horse. It was settled before disputes about it even began. It's a great place to visit and it makes me think if any other hockey team that has ever existed has ever used a woman for their crest. *hint*research*hint*

I often wonder what the transcirpt of that original deal was like though...

NY: "We'll take these two islands and eventually build national landmarks that will draw millions."

NJ: "What do we get?"

NY: "Uh, half the water and the New York Giants, Jets, and Nets."

NJ: "SCORE!"

Yes, I know that's one big, ridiculous anachronism, but it's my wonderment, alright?

But considering the entire island is a national park, no should really officially lay claim. I actually went to the Statue a couple weeks ago, and of course asked around. Best answer I got: It's in America. :flagusa: (And I got that answer from a guy impersonating the creator of the statue. Dozens of park rangers and that's the guy who gives the best answer. :grin: )

And I still like the Flames alt more. ^_^

njd.gifnym.gifpats3gr8.jpg

147 votes and the Panthers got none. It's so close to their reg uni i dont like it.

I like almost all of them except for Pooh Bear, Panthers, Flyers, and the color of the Preds. I like the logo they have just not that ugly mustard.

Of course, Kings' one is amazing but i voted for Dallas cuz i think thats a pretty cool uni.

teamsnew2.png

Archived