N.L. Wild Card Race

benJAMMIN039

With the end of the season looming, the NL wild card race is getting closer and closer with 5 teams in the running, including 4 teams from the NL East. The surprising thing is that the last place in the NL East, the mets, are only 2.5 games out :shocked: . So who do you all think will come away with the NL wild card this year?

Obvious Favorite: Astros

Dark Horse: Mets (No Bias Here) :P

Key Players: The youngis for the mets (reyes, wright, even new call up Mike Jacobs),Morgan Ensberg, Willy Taveras, Dontrelle, Abreu, Livan Hernandez.

What do you guys think?

nygiantsSig.gif

newyorkislanders.gif

The Astros look strong right now and could take it. I'd like to see the Nationals come back and give the Astros a run cause the Nats played too good in the first half to fall ou not just to the 'Stros, but, to the Braves as well.

arodsig.jpg THE TOUGHEST S.O.B. IN THE CCSLC!

Satan Lives! The Devil On Earth Breathes! -Jim Ross about Vince McMahon, WM 22

"THAT WAS THE WORD OF YANKEEMAN"

sterling.jpggodzilla.jpg

26 World Championships and still going strong. Get used to it Red Sox Nation!

"Yankees win! Theeeeeeeeeeeeeeee Yankees win!" -John Sterling after every Yankee win

To Be The Yankees, You Gotta Whoooooooooo!!! beat the Yankees!!!

Washington. it would be amazing if they did their first year and i really think they have a shot. i really dont like the phils or stros, i dunno why i just really dont. if the nats didnt win it i would much rather it be the fish than phi or hou. but GO NATS!!!!

teamsnew2.png

The Expos!

What?

Wagner Athletic Group

11-2 Saskatoon Steeds (WAFL)-NFL-2014 Western Conference Champions / 8-5 Calgary Pronghorns (TNFF)-CFL-2014 Confederation Cup XI Champions

14-6-2 Saskatoon Yellowheads (XHL)-NHL-1st, Gretzky Conference / 5-4-0 Saskatoon Czars (MLH)-AHL-T2nd, Calder Conference

7-1-6 VfL Dortmund (Weltliga)-Bundesliga-3rd, League / 5-1-5 West End AFC (WFL)-EPL-T5th, League

14-7 Saskatoon Sheiks (AA)-MLB-2014 Founder's Cup Champions

In other news the Phillies now lead the Wild Card  :D

But here comes the annual late sesaon Phillie choke.

Yep thats why they have the lead.

As soon as the pressure rises and more people start coming out to watch them, they'll choke like the gutless wastes they are. The only reasons that this year might be different is that Thome (no heart, afraid to take charge) isn't around and Chase Utley is. Other than that, don't expect anything from Lieberthal, Bell, Burrell, Abreu, Lofton, Rollins, or that joke of a pitching staff. There's a 90% chance that they'll fold faster than me when I'm dealt 2-7.

That being said, I hope I'm wrong, but sadly I rarely am.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

It's almost obvious that Houston will take the wild card.

Washington doesn't have many players with experience in such pressure. Remember, during the last few years in Montreal, they were out of it by September. The pressure will cook them quicker then Hamburger Helper.

The Phils are going to have a major meltdown again. Come on, it's Philly. There's no chance in hell that city will have a winner in the near future.

You might as well toss the Brewers and Cubs out. Why bother, you two?

So, it leaves Florida and New York to challenge the 'Stros.

Personally, I have more faith in the D-Train then I would Pedro.

It's almost obvious that Houston will take the wild card.

Washington doesn't have many players with experience in such pressure. Remember, during the last few years in Montreal, they were out of it by September. The pressure will cook them quicker then Hamburger Helper.

The Phils are going to have a major meltdown again. Come on, it's Philly. There's no chance in hell that city will have a winner in the near future.

You might as well toss the Brewers and Cubs out. Why bother, you two?

So, it leaves Florida and New York to challenge the 'Stros.

Personally, I have more faith in the D-Train then I would Pedro.

Watch out for the Flyers :woot:

The one advantage the 'Stros have going for them is the unbalanced schedule and all those games against the Pirates and Reds and such. There isn't an easy game in the NL East.

Might I remind you about last year's Cubs? Sure, they pretty much imploded, but they did have the easiest second-half schedule of any of the teams in the wild card chase. The Astros have not been playing their best ball, and the Cubs have begun to surge after the embarrasing trip out east. Taking 3 of 4 from the Cardinals at Wrigley and 2 of 3 from the Astros at Enron was huge. The Cubs aren't out of the wild card by a long shot.

330zl3b.png

Archived