The Edmonton Rush

Dilbert

This one has got me scratching my head ... I mean, I kind of like it, but at the same time I think it's way too simplistic for a professional sports logo. I can't really envision it on a jersey. And I'm not feeling the monochrome colour scheme. It *really* needs a third colour.

This also makes me all the more interested in what iDonovan made for them and had turned down. Of course, I'm also kinda partial to the Rush concept I did up. :D

maybe Geddy Lee, Alex lifeson and Neil Peart could use it for their next album.

:P

That's my favourite band right there, but my least favourite team..........

.........with a bad logo

and yes Officeglenn, yours is deffinately better than theirs

WOW!!...they pick that over my designs. I don't feel so bad call'n their organization a JOKE! I will post my concept once I convert them to a Jpeg.

I am lost for words after the work I put into it. :notworthy:

Cant wait to see yours. I like the vintage look of this rush logo, more teams should do it. ...sarcasm doesnt carry well over the internet. :P Seriously how are you supposed to embroider that!?!

Wow, that really sucks shat. I can't believe how bush league that is for a pro team.

Wait, after hearing about how they wanted iDonovan to do the logo for free I can believe how bush league it is.

I hope they use 1988 LA Kings jerseys for their uniforms so we can mock them again.

From the press release:

The Edmonton Rush Lacrosse Club unveiled its much anticipated visual identity today reflecting style, speed and strength.

The Rush signature is a hand-rendered script taking its cue from skateboard culture, RPG video games and chopper graphics. Its distressed look proudly boasts the marks of battle. The signature is italicized to reflect the quick speed of the game and has the spikes of armour.

The colours of the primary Edmonton Rush identity are black and silver. They represent warrior colours that are tough, metallic and polished. In the secondary identity, the team introduced an assertive amber. Together the colour palette reflects the intensity of a force to be reckoned with.

Overall, the visual identity of the NLL?s hot new franchise represents the speed, grit and intensity of the game. The bold signature evokes the look of street-wise warrior and x-treme athlete. The graphic is youthful, tough and very unique for the league. It reflects the club?s aggressive mandate and is a flag for fans of the game to rally around.

?We are proud of the Rush identity,? Duane Vienneau, President of the Edmonton Rush Lacrosse Club said. ?We believe it represents who we are both on and off the field, and a mark that lacrosse fans would be excited to wear.?

The Edmonton Rush Lacrosse Club?s visual identity was designed by RED Communications ? www.red-advertising.com.

Another team goes with a trendy, flash-in-the-pan identity. :rolleyes:

Ah just change the name to Rust--and emphasize that amber...

I know this will sound odd froma Stamps Flames, Eoughnecks, fan--but can't Edmonton come up with a dedent logo, other than the Eskimos (I like the interlocked E's--not th best logo ever--but it's good)

Well maybe the unis will look good despite the logo...

Comic Sans walks into a bar, and the bartender says, "Sorry, we don't serve your type here."

Here's the email I sent to the team president;

"Dear Mr. Vienneau,

I can't say that you all did a very good job with the Rush logo - looks like a 'bad' tour band logo.

I will say it stands out from the rest of the league logos, but not at all apealling.

First off Marketing the team with a quality logo is one of the first steps to establishing your team amoungst the rest of the league and other major sport teams. Were you trying to attract just the 'headbangers', 'punks' and particular 'music community' members.

With that said, you probably don't think I have much background on the Edmonton Rush or even the game of lacrosse. Oh contrair, as an avid Lacrosse fan and sports logo/graphic design interests (not only that, I have a master's degree in education) I see that your business has taken steps to to look like the "Oakland Raiders" of the Lacrosse World.

Good Luck on your venture.

Sincerely,

Kennedy Johnson

I can't wait to see iDonovan's concept!

Kansas-BB-banner.png My-son-Soldier-banner.png

Kansas City Scouts (CHL) Orr Cup Champions 2010, 2019, 2021         St. Joseph Pony Express (ULL)  2023 Champions     Kansas City Cattle (CL)

LMAO @ "street wise warrior" and the logo being inspired by RPG games.

You used to hold me

Tell me that I was the best

Anything in this world I want

I could posses

All that made me want

Was all that I can get

In order to survive

Gotta learn to live with regrets

-President Carter

brand.gifrush_silver2.gif

Doesn't look all that dis-similar. Similar in that there's movement and similar colours.

And I don't like either.

Also, I don't like how it changes the meaning of the word Rush from an era in time, ie the Oil or Gold Rush period to a word for busy.

"Can't stop now, I'm in a rush".

Oh, and I've got a site.

Footy Jumpers Dot Com

Archived