I am sick of these white home jerseys

Yankj1

I am so tired of seeing all of these teams wearing white for home games. I don't want to hear about this warm weather stuff, enough already. Please NFL mandate the jerseys that teams wear. If a team really wants to wear white at home make it so that they can only wear them once at home, like alts. The only exception are the Cowboys who have always worn white at home. The NFL has to get some consistency, what other league lets the teams wear whatever jerseys they want to. Please.... Does anyone else agree?

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
what other league lets the teams wear whatever jerseys they want to.

MLB: Lets either team wear colored jersey instead of customary white/gray.

NHL: Probably the most uniformed league, but does let the teams change it up for a game or two.

NBA: You never know what jersey either team will be wearing on a given night.

I am so tired of seeing all of these teams wearing white for home games.  I don't want to hear about this warm weather stuff, enough already.  Please NFL mandate the jerseys that teams wear.  If a team really wants to wear white at home make it so that they can only wear them once at home, like alts.  The only exception are the Cowboys who have always worn white at home.  The NFL has to get some consistency, what other league lets the teams wear whatever jerseys they want to.  Please.... Does anyone else agree?

does it really matter if teams decide to wear white at home, honestly, I could care less what color my team is wearing, it's the guys wearing it that are more important. Even better, what do you have to say about the Bears, they wore white yesterday and they played in Chitown

Please NFL mandate the jerseys that teams wear. If a team really wants to wear white at home make it so that they can only wear them once at home, like alts. The only exception are the Cowboys who have always worn white at home. The NFL has to get some consistency, what other league lets the teams wear whatever jerseys they want to.

You've just contradicted yourself. You want the NFL to mandate that teams wear dark at home, yet you allow Dallas to be the exception. Why should only Dallas be the exception? Tradition? The Bears have been in the league long before Dallas. Maybe the Bears have decided they want to wear white jerseys at home.

If the league makes it the rule, then all teams should follow, unless it's a specific throwback or alternate jersey week. Wearing your dark jersey/uniform only once makes it an alternate, not a "home" version.

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

The Cowpokes started wearing white at home to give their fans something different to look at other than blue-versus-white. However, nowadays you can watch your team on TV for all 16 games, so that argument makes little sense now.

While I understand wearing white at home due to the heat, the fact is it makes little difference in whether a team wins or not. I would prefer an alternate jersey for hot games...or like the Chargers, wear the lighter throwback.

It's true that other leagues have some leeway, but in the MLB the home team always wears white pants, regardless of the jersey. The road team always wears gray pants. In the NBA, the road team always wears the darker jersey, the home team always in white or another light color like yellow or orange.

Personally I would force all NFL teams to only wear white on the road.

NorthernColFightingWhites4.GIF

Yeah, you really can't mandate something, then give three or four teams an "exception." The home team decides what jerseys it will wear, then the away team wears the opposite. Mandate that. Oh wait, they already do. But by mandate, I mean mandate, so if you pull a Denver and "accidentally" only bring your whites to a city in which the home team wears white, you forfeit, sorry, you need to communicate with your host a little better. It's mean, but it will prevent teams from doing it, and they will have to bring both jerseys.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

The Cowpokes started wearing white at home to give their fans something different to look at other than blue-versus-white. However, nowadays you can watch your team on TV for all 16 games, so that argument makes little sense now.

While I understand wearing white at home due to the heat, the fact is it makes little difference in whether a team wins or not. I would prefer an alternate jersey for hot games...or like the Chargers, wear the lighter throwback.

It's true that other leagues have some leeway, but in the MLB the home team always wears white pants, regardless of the jersey. The road team always wears gray pants. In the NBA, the road team always wears the darker jersey, the home team always in white or another light color like yellow or orange.

Actually the Cowgirls started wearing white at home because in a home game in their blues (I forget the year) they got beat pretty badly, so in the next home game they wore white and won, and that's how it's been ever since.

And in MLB some teams used to wear white pants on the road (Cubs with blue jerseys, Astros too I believe when they had their rainbow jerseys.

Army Commo - "You can talk about us, but you can't talk without us!"

I am so tired of seeing all of these teams wearing white for home games. I don't want to hear about this warm weather stuff, enough already. Please NFL mandate the jerseys that teams wear. If a team really wants to wear white at home make it so that they can only wear them once at home, like alts. The only exception are the Cowboys who have always worn white at home. The NFL has to get some consistency, what other league lets the teams wear whatever jerseys they want to. Please.... Does anyone else agree?

Actually I think it's pretty cool. Why get all hot and bothered over something like what color a jersey is for a home game? I realize this is a uniform forum but, with all due respect, even here your complaints seem like a bit of an overeaction.

BB52Big.jpg

I like the way the NHL used to do it - one game a year, haul out the road jerseys and wear those. Maybe that's too little - once a month would be OK. For the NFL, once a year - maybe a Sunday or Monday night or Thanksgiving game, just because they're special occasions.

139775815_cc7da57bca_o.jpg

Actually the Cowgirls started wearing white at home because in a home game in their blues (I forget the year) they got beat pretty badly, so in the next home game they wore white and won, and that's how it's been ever since.

And in MLB some teams used to wear white pants on the road (Cubs with blue jerseys, Astros too I believe when they had their rainbow jerseys.

the Astros actually had a cream road uniform in those years (think Giants cream)...you couldn't really tell the difference unless you put the home and the away next to each other. the Cubbies' pants were, in fact, white; the A's, Rangers, Indians, Padres, White Sox, Braves, and Giants also donned white pants on the road at various points in the 70s and 80s.

in the NBA though, there is sort of a league mandate: your primary home jersey must be white, with the Lakers being the sole exception. Thus, all the yellow alts that were introduced in the last fwe years aren't considered home alternates...rather, they're considered road alts.

If that policy wasn't in place, the Cavs' home jersey would be gold and the Grizzlies would be using their lightest blue as their home color (the color of their bear's snout). Heck, I would loudly call for the Sonics' gold jersey to become their home cus I hate their white jersey so much.

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

Come October you won't see it anymore. During hot September weekends, some teams actually think it gives their guys a cooling advantage. White unis soak up less heat than darks.

I remember a bit of this from last season too but not too this extent.

Hell, if I played in Arizon, I'd opt for white too.

Matt

Disagree. Let the home team pick what uni they want to wear. Whats the big deal???

Teams like the Browns have worn white at home in September since they came back in 99. The Browns have always switched it up, in the 60, 70's and 80's wearing white at home alot.

I dont know why you are getting so bent out of shape. No way should the league mandate that. Its the teams choice. If a team wants to wear whatever color it wants, for whatever reason it wants, it should have the right.

They do. Nothing to fix here....

Actually I think the Cowboys started wearing white at home in 64. The NFL had several teams including the Vikings wear white at home that season to allow fans to see other teams dark uniforms (this in part is what caused the Vikings to wear the all purple uniforms against the Lions in 64 the Lions brought their white jerseys instead of their blue). After 64 most of the teams went back to dark at home but the Cowboys kept wearing white.

Just say NO to gray facemasks.

The Browns have traditionally wore white at home ever since I have been following them at least ( since about 1964). Oh they do occassionally wear their brown jerseys at home but rarely. This was Art Modell's decision because he said he wanted his fans to be able to see the visitors colored jerseys.

I agree, but an exception should be made for teams like the Cowboys, Redskins and Dolphins, who have traditionally worn white at home.

Forget tradition. Especially with the Cowboys. Either you wear a non-white jersey at home or you forfeit.

philly.png

Archived