SOX WIN,SOX WIN

oz615

The 2004 Red Sox are infectious.

Chicago White Sox 2005 American League Champions!!!

Good luck for the WS, you Pale Hose.

pennants.png

It's great to be young and a Giant! - Larry Doyle

Hey. No cheap shots.

Why not? We the Red Sox had shown them (the other Sox) the example to follow.

Like Moses with his coreligionists. ;)

pennants.png

Is it me or did they just have the widow of the former Angels owner present the MVP trophy to Konerko? Talk about awkard.

Yes, she is the honorary president of the AL.

pennants.png

Is it me or did they just have the widow of the former Angels owner present the MVP trophy to Konerko? Talk about awkard.

Especially awkward since Konerko is on the top of the Halos' free agent list.

Congrats to the White Sox. They earned this one. The Achilles' heel of the Angels, their hitting, came back to haunt them, and I'll bet that Bill Stoneman is kicking himself for not getting Mike Sweeney.

VmWIn6B.png

Wow a city with 2 teams and after 46 years tehy finalkly get a World Series again, and its not teh Cubs its the White Sox, the little siblings who dont get as much attention in Chi-town, it must not eb fun to be in Wrigleyville tonight.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

I think god has it out for me....both of my teams get to the League Championships and get stomped. Not only that, but Jim Edmonds, my favorite player, gets hosed on a call, then thrown out. It must be the Year of "Screw You, Steve". Oh well, I'm still riding my glory of 2002...Wings and Angels. On a side note, the Detroit Lions will be in the Superbowl in 7 years. Count on it. In 1997, I called an Angels W.S. victory in 5 years...I win :D .

On what Curty says, I wonder how the Cubs fans would feel if the pale hose were to win it all.

WORLD SERIES KITS COMING (now if someone has the style guide, SEND TO ME!!!!)

2004 San Jose Sharks 7th Man Fan of the Year

San Jose Gold Miners - 4x Lombardi Cup Champions

next year, Chicago Cubs, 2007 Detroit Tigers :P

Wait a sec, the Bay Area has been waiting. Giants in 2006, Cubs in 2007, Jays in 2008, and heck that should be enough time for... Devil Rays in 2009. :lol:

2004 San Jose Sharks 7th Man Fan of the Year

San Jose Gold Miners - 4x Lombardi Cup Champions

Wait a sec, the Bay Area has been waiting. Giants in 2006, Cubs in 2007, Jays in 2008, and heck that should be enough time for... Devil Rays in 2009. :lol:

If the Giants win the Series next year, I will eat a dog turd in front of everyone, so that means it aint going to happen in the next few years

If the Giants win the Series next year, I will eat a dog turd in front of everyone, so that means it aint going to happen in the next few years

And the Rockies....Never! I can live with that!

--Roger "Time?" Clemente.

champssig2.png
Follow me on Twitter if you care: @Animal_Clans.

My opinion may or may not be the same as yours. The choice is up to you.

Hey, you should be saying that on the radio.... :D

Congrats to the White Sox ... the REAL Chicago team. They don't fall back on nostalgia and celebrities like the Cubs. Did anyone hear about Reinsdorf shrugging off John Cusack?

The Boston Red Sox have actors Ben Affleck and Jennifer Garner as fans. The Cubs count Bill Murray and Billy Corgan in their ranks.

But at Sox Park, there are virtually no celebrities around, except for Mayor Daley and former Sox minor leaguer (and Bulls great) Michael Jordan.

"We don't need celebrities here," Sox chairman Jerry Reinsdorf said before Tuesday's game. "We have real fans."

Reinsdorf is almost militant in that belief. When actor John Cusack reportedly inquired about getting tickets recently, Reinsdorf rejected him. He still remembers when Cusack -- who starred in "Eight Men Out'' about the 1919 "Black Sox'' who threw the World Series -- became the world's biggest Cubs fan during the North Siders' 2003 playoff run.

'It's a blue-collar crowd'

Sox marketing guru Brooks Boyer said a handful of other celebrities called asking about tickets, Chicago-born funnyman Bernie Mac and suburban joker Vince Vaughn among them.

Mac wanted seats for his sister. Vaughn is expected at today's game.

Jamie "Desperate Housewives" Denton, who used to work in Chicago, was filming his show, but scored tickets to Games 6 and 7 if the championship series goes that long.

The lack of Hollywood A-listers in attendance is A-OK with Sox fans, who have long been known for their working-class roots.

"It's a blue-collar crowd, just like the team,'' said Dan DeCarlo, 30, a teaching assistant from Brookfield.

Indeed, the team mirrors its fan base. The clubhouse has no national superstars, no Johnny Da mons or Sammy Sosas.

"They got the average guys,'' said Philip Williams, 56, of South Holland. "That's what makes them such a good team."

I saw, I came, I left.

Archived