on this day..... Oct 23....

DEAD!

Aahhh, the memories. :flagcanada:

Now, can we bring back those jerseys?

Wagner Athletic Group

11-2 Saskatoon Steeds (WAFL)-NFL-2014 Western Conference Champions / 8-5 Calgary Pronghorns (TNFF)-CFL-2014 Confederation Cup XI Champions

14-6-2 Saskatoon Yellowheads (XHL)-NHL-1st, Gretzky Conference / 5-4-0 Saskatoon Czars (MLH)-AHL-T2nd, Calder Conference

7-1-6 VfL Dortmund (Weltliga)-Bundesliga-3rd, League / 5-1-5 West End AFC (WFL)-EPL-T5th, League

14-7 Saskatoon Sheiks (AA)-MLB-2014 Founder's Cup Champions

:cry:

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

:cry: squared.

First time I ever tried Bass Ale was about 20 minutes before the infamous "fastball". And the last time I drank it. Old hurts linger.

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

First time I ever tried Bass Ale was about 20 minutes before the infamous "fastball". And the last time I drank it. Old hurts linger.

Did either of you guys send Mitch Williams hate mail? I was only 7 at the time.

Did either of you guys send Mitch Williams hate mail? I was only 7 at the time.

I was 16, and no I didn't send hate mail. I did hate him, though. The guy was so erratic, and yet never did anything to try and make himself better. I was more angry at Jim Fregosi for pulling Roger Mason in that game and going with Mitch. After the 15-14 game, Mitch shouldn't have appeared in another game. I forget who was scheduled to pitch game 7, but if I had to use a releiver, I'd have gone with Schilling, Mullholland, or even DJ (I don't think Tommy Greene was available for some reason.)

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

ph_carter_joe_200x200.jpg

"Now the 2-2 . . . Well hit down the left field line. Way back and . . . gone! Joe Carter with a three-run homer. The winner and still world champions, the Toronto Blue Jays! -- Sean McDonough, CBS-TV.

"Touch em' all Joe.You'll never hit a bigger home run in your life!" -Tom Cheek

arodsig.jpg THE TOUGHEST S.O.B. IN THE CCSLC!

Satan Lives! The Devil On Earth Breathes! -Jim Ross about Vince McMahon, WM 22

"THAT WAS THE WORD OF YANKEEMAN"

sterling.jpggodzilla.jpg

26 World Championships and still going strong. Get used to it Red Sox Nation!

"Yankees win! Theeeeeeeeeeeeeeee Yankees win!" -John Sterling after every Yankee win

To Be The Yankees, You Gotta Whoooooooooo!!! beat the Yankees!!!

None of the people are actually looking at him.

--Roger "Time?" Clemente.

That's because they didn't understand what was going on, yet another reason why Toronto doesn't deserve Major League Baseball.

That one was for you, Fearless Leader :P

None of the people are actually looking at him.

--Roger "Time?" Clemente.

That's because they didn't understand what was going on, yet another reason why Toronto doesn't deserve Major League Baseball.

That one was for you, Fearless Leader :P

:lol: It's funny 'cause it's (mostly) true.

I was 11 and watching the game with my dad in the basement of our house -- I remember saying "a home run will win the series!" when Paul Molitor was up... and then I wore a Phillies jersey the next day for kicks (not sure if it was like this in the States, but it was pretty rare to see out-of-market merchandise up here back in '93).

And of course that has since been the last moment either the Jays or the Phillies have been in the playoffs.

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" News Facebook X/Twitter Instagram

Archived