Making A Number For Themselves

bhambruiser

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Oh well, that makes it OK, if everyone's doing it.

Oh, bugger, I forgot the Sarcasm Italics

I'm kinda new here - been looking all over for that sarcasm button, but it must not work until you reach a certain number of posts or something.

no actually there isnt a sarcastic italics button, they just put them in italics

I'm kinda new here - been looking all over for that sarcasm button, but it must not work until you reach a certain number of posts or something.

Quite right too.

Newbies are not allowed to be sarcastic until they've passed a certain number of posts.

The good thing is, the number of posts is different, depending on the individual.

PS I don't know if I like the idea of using Italics, they're usually used for quoting someone.

I prefer a different colour.

Therefore, I nominate the colour Green as the official colour of Sarcasm

Oh, and I've got a site.

Footy Jumpers Dot Com

Newbies are not allowed to be sarcastic until they've passed a certain number of posts.

The good thing is, the number of posts is different, depending on the individual.

PS I don't know if I like the idea of using Italics, they're usually used for quoting someone.

But I don't think colors come across when quoted - we'll see when I post this. [EDIT: Colors do come across when quoted. Rob's sarcasm survives.]

And I use green text for pro-Eagles screeds. Why not a font no one uses for posts?

Let's see... anyone use ARIAL that much around here? I personally can't stand this like I can't stand Comic.

This should be a new thread... back to the numbers, boys & girls.

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

Italics are actually used for titles and to place emphasis on a word or phrase. Quotation marks are used to quote someone. :P

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

My favorite numbering trend: the Chicago Cheetahs, a Roller Hockey International team, all wore numbers above 70, which is the observed speed (in mph) of a cheetah.

I had some friends who had an indoor soccer team. They all wore #17. The entire team! :notworthy:

HansonsSig.jpg

Click here to read Third String Goalie - The Hockey Jersey of the Day Blog

Click here to see my hockey and baseball jersey collection online

?You don?t like to see 20 kids punching 20 other kids. But it?s not a disgrace, It?s hockey.? - Michael Farber

Italics are actually used for titles and to place emphasis on a word or phrase. Quotation marks are used to quote someone. :P

Technically, book, magazine and newspaper, etc. titles are italicized. Titles of articles or chapters in the aforementioned publications go in quotation marks. So do song, movie, or TV titles, though album titles are italicized. Underlining is an acceptable substitute for italicizing. :P

I had some friends who had an indoor soccer team. They all wore #17. The entire team! :notworthy:

Referee nightmare. :wacko:

In a similar vein, there is a rec hockey team in the Toronto area called Sixteen Guys Named Moe.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

How is there NOT a guy named Moe Money?! :D

And where, for that matter, is the other half of the defensive pairing, Moe Problems?

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Quite right too.

I recently nominated the upside down smilie (see here -- :upside: ) to signify sarcasm. Someone else used it in the last day or so, so I thought I might be on to something.

For what it is worth, I am in the low 100s in posts. Do I qualify yet for sarcasm in accordance with the individually graded/applied scale?

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

How is there NOT a guy named Moe Money?! :D

And where, for that matter, is the other half of the defensive pairing, Moe Problems?

bigemo_harabe_net-163.gif

If I played on the team, I think I'd be named Moe Mentum.

POTD 2013-08-22

just wanted to add my 2 cents:

Who cares? NFL today, you got teams running out of numbers. If the WR wants teens, why not? I wouldn't be surpise if they are allow the single digit or even Zero number in the next few years. I am surpise they don't let the halfbacks do that now like in the NCAA.

But my question to anyone who knows about number rules. How can the NBA allow Dennis Rodman to use 91? Doesn't the numbers in basketball have to be a digit of 5. Just for you newbies, the ref needs to commicate to the scorers' table so he only has 5 fingers.

just wanted to add my 2 cents:

Who cares? NFL today, you got teams running out of numbers. If the WR wants teens, why not? I wouldn't be surpise if they are allow the single digit or even Zero number in the next few years. I am surpise they don't let the halfbacks do that now like in the NCAA.

But my question to anyone who knows about number rules. How can the NBA allow Dennis Rodman to use 91? Doesn't the numbers in basketball have to be a digit of 5. Just for you newbies, the ref needs to commicate to the scorers' table so he only has 5 fingers.

I'm not sure if it is official, but the NBA has long ago stopped enforcing that rule, assuming it is still on the books (Kobe Bryant -- 8, Julius Erving -- 6, for example, though I know there are countless other ones). It does still apply in college. I'm not sure about international competition (the Dream Team used sequential numbers from 1, with Michael Jordan being 9 if IIRC -- feel free to correct me if I am wrong).

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

mockba beat me to it, but heh.

the NBA has seemingly always allowed digits higher than 5 to be worn (you can look all the way back to George Mikan's 99)...that's mainly a high school and college rule.

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

I don't think it'll be too long until the NFL adopts the NCAA and NHSAA rules (50-79 only ineligible) and if it is, it shouldn't...I don't see what's so wrong about having unique numbers. It's kinda cool in my opinion

I've decided to give up hope for all sports teams I follow

International basketball's actually very strict about their jersey numbers; players can only wear a certain number range, 4-15. (According to USA Basketball.)

POTD 2013-08-22

As an aside, John Hadl was an All-Big 8 punter and halfback in 1959 as a sophomore, then converted to QB in 1960, only to stay all conference. Pretty impressive stuff...I had no real point, just saying that KU has had some pretty decent football players

I've decided to give up hope for all sports teams I follow

Archived