90s sports apparel/fashion

DGivens87

I juist remember (and this is more late 80's early 90's) are the Sports Specialties hats that were were wool with one solid base color and then had the City name in arial font small and then the team name was stitched in corresponding team color on the front in a cursive "swing"font.

Those were the best. Last time they were used was the 1993 NBA draft.

and it looks they are making a comeback! Holy cow, just found this, please make a green bucks one!

http://www.hatshack.com/hatshack/product.a...AAIALCFMEMICBM&

I had a white San Jose Sharks hat with that same style of slanted script. But the script hats I really miss were the ones made by Starter that were similar to the Sports Specialties style, but they had a tail with the sport name in Arial inside the tail. I had one for the Lightning (it said TAMPA BAY in Arial, with Lightning in cursive script w/tail and HOCKEY in white inside the tail) that matched my jacket, it was black with a blue bill. Here's an example of the style:

c9_1.JPG

QPR%20Sig.png

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

come to think of it, I remember always checkin out the eastbay catalogs (which I still do...heh, that old oxymoron's true-the more things change, the more they stay the same) and for a time they had sweatshirts made to look just like team jerseys. Only one I remember seeing in person was a Deion Sanders one, though I know there were others. shoot, I see reebok's sellin similar hoodies, except they don't look as much like the real jerseys.

and does anybody remember any winter coats that were made to look like hockey jerseys? I distinctly remember seeing a Sharks coat like that once

with another shoot, I vividly remember these baseball jerseys that had three-colored stripes (think 79 Pirates) and they were available in a lot of teams. I think briefly in about 97 or 98 a lot of folks had these

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

I owned a Cavs starter jacket in the late 80's, and I had one of the Arial/script hats that was probably one of the biggest sellers...the LA Raiders.

:Proudly: I never owned anything Zubaz.

centerfieldbanner2.png

Formula GP

CenterField 22 pts

#7 Coca-Cola Giancarlo Fisichella 4pts

#8 Coca-Cola Lewis Hamilton 18pts

TRAC

CenterField Motorsports

#5 Sony Kyle Busch

#8 Gatorade Kurt Busch

#9 Sirius David Ragan/Ricky Rudd

In 1989/1990, I was almost ten years old. I had a Phill Simms Giants sweatshirt, were the hood was a helmet and the rest of the shirt was a jersey.

I thought it was the coolest thing I had ever seen.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

and does anybody remember any winter coats that were made to look like hockey jerseys? I distinctly remember seeing a Sharks coat like that once

Yes!

I went skiing one time and saw a kid wearing one of those jackets. Royal Blue Buffalo Sabres...the three yellow stripes...it was very cool.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

and does anybody remember any winter coats that were made to look like hockey jerseys?  I distinctly remember seeing a Sharks coat like that once

Yes!

I went skiing one time and saw a kid wearing one of those jackets. Royal Blue Buffalo Sabres...the three yellow stripes...it was very cool.

And a few years later, you could top it off with a baseball cap that was designed to look like a hockey sweater as well. Good times, good looks.

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

Here is what I could dig up. The photo is circa 1993-1994. Some of these hats I still might even have. That blue hood you see in the lower left is a Carolina Starter jacket.

In case you can't tell, let me run down what's what.

Top row: Maine, La Salle, Michigan, Georgia, Maryland, Auburn, LSU, Kentucky, Penn State, Georgia Tech, Miami, Virginia.

Botom row: UNC, Philadelphia A's, Eagles, Tommy Hilfiger, Stanford, California Angels, Indians, STL Cardinals Road, Mariners, Orioles, Twins TC (cooperstown collection, well before the Twins reintroduced this as an alt cap)

not hanging: Patriots, Heckle & Jeckle, Raiders, Falcons, black hat with an orange P (might have been Princeton - not really sure, just kind of found it), Spurs, Phillies, black Phillies.

hats1994.jpg

This was the day and age before The Game was a hip-hop artist, and better known as a hat company.

That Spurs hat did say "San Antonio" in Arial above the script, but I pulled that stitching out to make my hat look unique.

You can also see bottom center, that I had the Starter Patriots hat, but what you can't see is Pat Patriot on the side of the hat. The style was made pre-flying Elvis. I also had a Penn State one in the same style, with the crown being charcoal heather gray, and the bill being dark blue.

Lastly, if you want to make fun of me for the Heckle & Jeckle hat, or the Tommy Hilfiger 6-panels-in-6-colors monstrosity, feel free.

48142444846_3aa6afbd89_m.jpgNCAA Baseball Champions | 2014, 2019 

facebook

I juist remember (and this is more late 80's early 90's) are the Sports Specialties hats that were were wool with one solid base color and then had the City name in arial font small and then the team name was stitched in corresponding team color on the front in a cursive "swing"font.

Those were the best. Last time they were used was the 1993 NBA draft.

and it looks they are making a comeback! Holy cow, just found this, please make a green bucks one!

http://www.hatshack.com/hatshack/product.a...AAIALCFMEMICBM&

I had a white San Jose Sharks hat with that same style of slanted script. But the script hats I really miss were the ones made by Starter that were similar to the Sports Specialties style, but they had a tail with the sport name in Arial inside the tail. I had one for the Lightning (it said TAMPA BAY in Arial, with Lightning in cursive script w/tail and HOCKEY in white inside the tail) that matched my jacket, it was black with a blue bill. Here's an example of the style:

c9_1.JPG

Oh man those hats sure do bring back memories....they came in like every sport!!

I had a Detroit Lions starter jacket. One of the pullover ones with the stripes on the sides kinda. It looked like this, except obviously the Lions.

wpe20265.gif

I also had many champion basketball jerseys. Two Thunder Dans, a Barkley, Mashburn Mavs, Mourning Heat, Hardaway Warriors, and a Kevin Johnson.

ZoDogg- that's one good looking sig you've got there. Not quite Thunder Dan-good, but good. '93 Suns were incredible.

you might want to clean those stains off your carpet.

That's just a pic I found on yahoo. I have no idea who the Mad Dogs even are. But yeah, that is a dirty carpet.

In elementary school I honestly owned a Miami Dolphins one of these, and yes, it was as loud as you're thinking it might be:

55_1.JPG

I also had a Starter jacket, the original cut, with the ORIGINAL Jacksonville Jaguars logo. I winder why I liked Florida so much.

I might have had this, too, but I can't remember.

c9_1.JPG

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

Can't believe this wasn't mentioned...

Champion Shaq jerseys. Magic sans pinstripes.

I also remember shawn kemp champion jerseys without the background arch.

I had an Arkansas Starter Jacket. I always wanted a pair of their shorts from the 94 season. Never could find a pair.

I had to jack this from someone elses post and some e-bay shots, but I always wanted one of these jackets in Miami Dolphins. Back then I looooved Chalk Line!

28yk.jpg

they also made this style which I thought was pretty classic:

ae_1.JPG

and I swear Don Shula used to wear something like this also by Chalk Line:

3f_1.JPG

Chalk line also made this style:

37127.jpg

37128.jpg

I guess they went out of business but if anyone ever sees a Chalk Line Dolphins or Brewers jacket on E-Bay send me a message! Thanks.

"Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the fastest lion or it will be eaten. Every morning in Africa, a lion wakes up. It knows it must outrun the slowest gazelle or it will starve. It doesn't matter whether you're a lion or a gazelle. When the sun comes up, you'd better be running." - Unknown | 🌐 Check out my articles on jerseys at Bacon Sports 🔗
spacer.png

I think other 90s sports apparel I remember are really loud Drew Pearson hats sorta like this:

38_1.JPG

Thankfully they make better stuff now. Being in Florida I remember a TON of NY Giants stuff. That was when they went to the Super Bowl with Bill Parcells at the helm. There was a lot of Miami Hurricanes and Dallas Cowboys stuff too. Now everyone has NY Jets stuff b/c they're better than the Giants...or at leat have been over the past several years.

I think I still have a Dolphins Starter jacket at home I"ll photograph if I can find it. You guys might like to see it, hehe. Everyone had Logo 7 jerseys I remember. Really crappy replicas, but they were popular and sturdy! I played tackle football in my Dolphins #88 jersey and it never ripped. Then when I was 14 I gave it to a girl I liked. WHOOPS!

Here's an Eagles Logo 7 jersey:

6f_1.JPG

Back then I always felt really cool to have an authentic game baseball cap or jersey because hardly anyone had authentics back then. I had the 1992 Brewers authentic jersey thanks to grandma in Milwaukee, hehe!

"Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the fastest lion or it will be eaten. Every morning in Africa, a lion wakes up. It knows it must outrun the slowest gazelle or it will starve. It doesn't matter whether you're a lion or a gazelle. When the sun comes up, you'd better be running." - Unknown | 🌐 Check out my articles on jerseys at Bacon Sports 🔗
spacer.png

I had a Detroit Lions starter jacket. One of the pullover ones with the stripes on the sides kinda. It looked like this, except obviously the Lions.

wpe20265.gif

I also had many champion basketball jerseys. Two Thunder Dans, a Barkley, Mashburn Mavs, Mourning Heat, Hardaway Warriors, and a Kevin Johnson.

ZoDogg- that's one good looking sig you've got there. Not quite Thunder Dan-good, but good. '93 Suns were incredible.

you might want to clean those stains off your carpet.

That's just a pic I found on yahoo. I have no idea who the Mad Dogs even are. But yeah, that is a dirty carpet.

that is a Memphis Maddogs jacket, from the shortlived American franchise in the CFL

Can't believe this wasn't mentioned...

Champion Shaq jerseys. Magic sans pinstripes.

I also remember shawn kemp champion jerseys without the background arch.

I had an Arkansas Starter Jacket. I always wanted a pair of their shorts from the 94 season. Never could find a pair.

I remember those. hell, I recall when I was in 7th grade, these two knuckleheads were arguin about somethin. they were both wearing that Shawn Kemp jersey you mentioned :D

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

Does anyone remember the Logo Athletic hats with what they called the sharktooth patern? I bought a Chiefs one of those because I couldn't find a fitted KC hat without that goofy pattern.

Reebok brought those back if you go to any Lids store. Go figure.

spacer.png

Archived