90s sports apparel/fashion

DGivens87

I figured since alot of us grew up in the 90s and remember what kinda hideous and quirky fashion there was when it came to sports apparell, I figure I'd star this thread to take us back to that time.

What do you remember?

What kind of "totally 90s" sports apparel did you wear?

What was your favorite?

etc. etc.

I'll get it started with some random thoughts:

I remember almost everyone at school had either one of two kinds of jackets: Mighty Ducks and Dallas Cowboys (1993-95). For the record, I grew up in Rhode Island (can you say bandwagon?) lol

Alotta kids (including myself) wore Looney Tunes-inspired apparel, with Taz and Bugs Bunny displayed on hoodies and t-shirts wearing your favorite team's jersey, helmet, hat, etc.

I never owned a pair of Zubaz, though.

My favorite brands were Apex and Champion jerseys and jackets.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I had a Bears Starter jacket that my uncle sent me (he was in the Army at the time, and was stationed in Korea so he got it cheap), but my mom wouldn't let me wear it to school back then cus she was worried somebody would try to steal it (she had good reason, I was in elementary school when it fit me, and the lockers had no locks so you could probably pick some kid clean. why they didn't put locks on, I have no idea.)

I wish I had that jacket still, but I do have my cousin's Suns jacket which fits pretty good.

shoot, Givens, it was pretty much teh same story here: a lot of Ducks stuff and a lot of Cowboys stuff (and that's in addition to the usual suspects here: Packers, Bears, Cubs, Brewers, Sox)...I remember one dude had taken a Cowpoke sweatshirt and airbrushed SUCK over DALLAS COWBOYS :D and another guy had a tee with a screw over the star...ya know, screw Dallas :hockeysmiley:

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

Haha...I used to love the Starter Jackets....I always wore the Raider's one while my brother rocked the Cowboys Garb....You were not cool unless you were wearing a huge Over the top zip starter Jacket....

and don't even get me started on the Looney Tunes sweatshirts...im pretty sure i still have the giants and jets ones in my closet somewhere....

I still have my old Tampa Bay Lightning Starter jacket from high school stored somewhere in my basement. I forget what type the jacket was, but it was black with blue front panels and white sleeve panels, and it had a big Lightning logo on the back. I only use it for yardwork in cold weather nowadays, as it's not in the best condition anymore...

QPR%20Sig.png

Everyone had starter jackets. And lots of teams used teal as a color.

Yeah, the teal craze got ridiculous in the 90s. I remember our minor league hockey team, the Knoxville Cherokees (ECHL), changing from a clean red and black to teal, silver and black. It was horrid.

I had one of those starter jackets, mine was a rams jacket that i got in '95, their first year here in st. louis. I also remember adidas jackets being a big deal as well as the adidas samba soccer shoes.

Cards08.jpg

World Champions: 1926 1931 1934 1942 1944 1946 1964 1967 1982 2006

I also remember adidas jackets being a big deal as well as the adidas samba soccer shoes.

I preferred the Adidas Gazelles (colored suede/brushed leather). I still have my royal blue ones, but I wore off all of the tread and opened holes on the balls of both feet playing on turf.

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

Who didn't love those Starter jackets. I had a Braves one, the one they wore in the dugout in the early 90's. It's still in good shape. I break it out from time-to-time.

I also had a Starter throwback. They made these cotton fashion baseball jerseys that were replicas of 30's, 40's, and 50's jerseys. I have a 1944 STL Browns. And started made those cotton fashion baseball jerseys for practically every major college. Script school name with mascot name in the tail.

It's a shame they went out of business. Starter made some cool stuff.

Go Astros!

Go Texans!

Go Rockets!

Go Javelinas!

had the starter chicago blackhawks jacket at first, graduated to the san jose sharks winter coat, then my pacers jacket i still have

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

First I had the Starter Bulls jacket, then a Pro Player Mighty Ducks jacket, then it was the reversible Pro Player Orlando Magic jacket....had to keep up with the times back then, ya know?

I'm still bitter because I was not allowed to have a Starter jacket...my parents always used the old "we live in a bad neighborhood" excuse, because there were stories of people getting jumped and getting their jackets stolen. When I was in 8th grade, they finally bought me a Bucks spring jacket, a Logo Athletic one that I liked a lot.

As I look back, I know that was a screwy decade because one of the jackets I wanted the most was a Rockies coat that had a lot of purple in it. Yikes! A teal craze AND a purple craze in the same decade?? What were we thinking?

Archived