Top 5 NFL Uniforms You HATE!

Cujo

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1. The Bengals - Went from a nice, unique set that while out there, wasn't too out there to a hideous mess. The white panels need to go, the Orange alt needs to be burned, and they need to change the stripes on the sleeves to being black on orange, not orange on black, and have them all sewn on or all screened on.

2. The Cardinals - Went form a nice understated set to a set that combines every modern fad in jerseys together with the retro element I hat the most, grey facemask. And then they went monochrome on top of it all.

3. The Bills - The Navy & Nickel aren't needed,a nd they so need a white helmet again. No to monochrome.

4. The Ravens. - Black & Purple do not look good together, neither does wearing the black lycra pants suits, and on top of that the number font sucks and the team area bunch of criminals.

5. The Cowboys - Anything these M[CENSORED] c[CENSORED] wear will always like the s[CENSORED] that proceeds from the very bowels of the dark prince Lucifer himself. The set should beburned with the team still in them, and the owner, and the stadium should be nuked from orbit.

For the Cardinals, ditch the red-on-red monstrosity and throw in the black unis!

YOZXkBG.png?1

5. Miami Dolphins - Great helmets, lame number shadowing

4. Washington Redskins - Great colors, not a very good use of them

3. Baltimore Ravens - Why don't these come up more in bad uni discussions?

2. Arizona Cardinals - Reds are OK, whites are terrible.

1. Cincinnati Bengals - Some of the worst uniforms in NFL history.

washingtonst.gif

My teams

NCAA: Washington State

MLB: Seattle Mariners

NFL: Seattle Seahawks

NBA: Portland Trailblazers

EPL: Liverpool FC

MLS: Seattle Sounders FC

NHL: Pittsburgh Penguins

no particular order

Bengals- being from cincy, when i saw these debut i seriously thought they were a joke. I'm not a big fan of tradition, but i gotta say i liked their old look, even liked the black pants option they threw in a few years back. the ones they have now are simply disgusting.

Cardinals road unis-like others have said, its just too much. and i've hated grey facemasks ever since i started disliking notre dame for always coming close to being a great program, but never quite making it. i like their updated logo though.

Giants- during my skimming of this post i didn't see them mentioned and i'm not sure why. i mean, the blue jerseys they had were plain enough, but then they go and throw in a red alternate just so they could say that they had an alternate and so we could all very plainly see that the helmet and pants stripe don't share the same shade of blue. then there's the away uni....wtf happened there? my middle school football team has the same unis and that's because the parents fund the program. seriously if you're going to update a look, do better than that.

Chargers throwbacks- if "grown men shouldn't wear teal" then how is that shade of blue ok? navy looks much better.

Vikings- grown men shouldn't wear purple. seriously though, they're in need of some sort of update. from helmet down. i'm actually a fan of the viking horns, but everything else needs to go.

1. Falcons. Bring back the pre-Glanville look, old Falcon and all. 2. Dolphins. Get rid of the navy! Give me the pre-1997 unis and helmets anytime. 3. Cowboys. I'd rather have royal and metallic blue vs. navy, and bring back the thinner pre-1988 numbers. Can't think of any others off the top of my head.

How could you include the Browns in the list? I love the tri colors of the ORANGE helmet, BROWN jersey and WHITE pants...I would say its one of the BEST uniforms in the league...ok for the five worst:

1)Buffalo: Especially the road unis...the shoulder yoke and side stripes should be illegal

2)Cincinnati: Looks like a ghetto high school team whos uniforms were donated by the salvation army...way too busy with patches of different colors in all the wrong places

3)Tennessee: Nice color combination of the power blue and dark blue but lets put them in a uniform that makes some sense...the sleeves just dont work

4) Baltimore: especially the monocrome blacks...purple and black havent worked together since the old Cleveland Crusaders of the WHA...those worked...these dont

5)Seattle: just exactly what color IS this? Its not blue, its not green, its not teal..its just ugly...and that lime green trim...GEESH!

1. The Bengals - Went from a nice, unique set that while out there, wasn't too out there to a hideous mess. The white panels need to go, the Orange alt needs to be burned, and they need to change the stripes on the sleeves to being black on orange, not orange on black, and have them all sewn on or all screened on.

2. The Cardinals - Went form a nice understated set to a set that combines every modern fad in jerseys together with the retro element I hat the most, grey facemask. And then they went monochrome on top of it all.  I like the all-red uniform, but the away jersey is a little too space-age material and the gray facemask on the helmet makes it look ugly, they should switch to white facemasks.

3. The Bills - The Navy & Nickel aren't needed,a nd they so need a white helmet again. No to monochrome.

4. The Ravens. - Black & Purple do not look good together, neither does wearing the black lycra pants suits, and on top of that the number font sucks and the team area bunch of criminals.

5. The Cowboys - Anything these M[CENSORED] c[CENSORED] wear will always like the s[CENSORED] that proceeds from the very bowels of the dark prince Lucifer himself. The set should beburned with the team still in them, and the owner, and the stadium should be nuked from orbit.

I'll tell ya what, the Arizona Cardinals Helmet should have gone from a gray facemask which looks awful to a white facemask which looks more modern. I hope the Cardinals next year will have white facemasks with their helmets.

2. The Cardinals - Went form a nice understated set to a set that combines every modern fad in jerseys together with the retro element I hat the most, grey facemask. And then they went monochrome on top of it all.  I like the all-red uniform, but the away jersey is a little too space-age material and the gray facemask on the helmet makes it look ugly, they should switch to white facemasks.

I'll tell ya what, the Arizona Cardinals Helmet should have gone from a gray facemask which looks awful to a white facemask which looks more modern. I hope the Cardinals next year will have white facemasks with their helmets.

That Cardinals helmet doesn't look good with a white facemask. Cardinal red would be the best, or black but not white, hell, the gray is better than friggin white!@

5. New Orleans Saints (match the golds, please).

4. Cincinnati Bengals (I like the identity the new unis create, but those white panels have to go).

3. Dallas Cowboys (match the blues, please).

2. New York Giants-new road jersey (it needs blue imo, it just looks unfinished).

1. Buffalo Bills (obviously)

AM.gif

I have never answered a question like this, so....

(In no particular order)

Carolina - i tend to dislike uniforms that are too busy - and this is one of the busier sets of uniforms in the league....

Jacksonville - same

Detroit - and anyone else who decides to add black as an additional color....

Buffalo and Arizona - belong to the world league of American Football, or something like that

Denver - how much money does Nike get paid everytime the Broncos play anyhow?

Any team that goes with the single color unis - the Seahawks and Rams come to mind

3) Pittsburgh Steelers - One side of the helmet is plain. Why?? I know the story behind it because one day the equipment manager got lazy and left them off or something. Just because some dude was hungover and didnt do his job right isn't an excuse to have only one logo on your helmet.

Actually...............

the real story is the equipment manager oredered the logo to put on the helmet.

when they arrived they had found they would appear backwards on the other side of the helmet, so they just went with it. And the rest is history(tradition, too).

In order, I hate:

1) Cardinals - Blechhhh

2) Bengals- Too busy...and what is with the white stripe down the sides on the home unis?

3) Miami - can't stand the black shadowing. Go back to the old style

4) Falcons- Only a step better than the Cardinals

5) Pittsburgh - Hate the 'new' number font. Go back to the old style

Jesus, get over this people! The Double-star crap was (write it down) the WORST UNIFORM EVER. Jerry Jones' daughter designed them, need I say more?

As far as multiple shades of silver/grey or blue/navy/silverblue/green silver pants...let it go. We like it. My main gripe is with NFL hard hats. Let's ban these abominations before we worry about the Cowboys color mismatches.

newsig.jpg

4) Dallas Cowboys - Too many shades of blues and silvers. I've been over this before, but I cannot stand how the nothing matches. It's simple guys. Just use the bluish-silver and navy blue only!! They should just go retro to what they wore in the Staubach days, and wear blue unis at home, please!!

What a moron, I agree about going retro. Wearing white at home is a mental thing. It makes you think your at home when your on the road. Due to the fact that a lot of teams wear dark jerseys @ home.

#1 Tennesee. What a horrible helmet logo and color scheme.

2. Buffalo. Yikes.

3. Cowboys. I like their throwbacks, but their normal ones are just plain.

4. Cincy. The white under the arm just pisses me off.

5. Jax. We are gonig to look back at that in 20 years and just laugh. Teal? The Dolphins can pull it off. Jacksonville cannot.

Honorable Mention: That dude that mentioned the NYG white jersey was bad is right. AZ is bad and is just copying. I dont care for Denver's, they should wear more orange. Seatlle...yeah I dont care for them either. :ninja:

• 2 weeks later...

ACCORDING TO YOUR VOTES....

I went through the entire post and awarded five points for each worst place vote, 4 for second worst, etc. I also awarded one point for everyone that voted but put them in "no particular order"

In addition I combined points for the same team but different jerseys. For instance, some people voted for the lions blue with black outline as being bad, some people voted for lions blacks. I combined those totals under "lions". (just so you know, the lions were 6th place overall, votes JUST for the black jerseys would have put them in 7th)

After spending 3 days counting and 2 hours of computer programming we have the following results*

The worst uniforms are as follows:

BILLS - 95 Points

BENGALS - 48 Points

COWBOYS - 41 Points ( I was surprised by this one)

CARDINALS - 36 Points

TITANS - 32 Points

Dishonorable Mention

Lions - 30 points

Seahawks - 26 Points

Teams Receiving ZERO points (so no one hates them)

Patriots (very much surprising)

Jets

Texans

Colts

Buccaneers

Fourty Niners

The moral of this story... Whoever designed the Bills uniforms should be beaten in the crotch with a cricket bat until sterile so they don't reproduce thier sick kind... AMEN

*It actually took 10 minutes to count

BroncosSig.jpg

Archived