NFL "Stadium Walls"

Steelrocker86

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The cowboys are just a traditional team, and it looks like they haven't changed much if they  did anything at all to the walls.

I like the walls the Cowboys use too.

I think they have changed the look slightly this year. In the past the stars on the wall were white and flat. I was at Texas Stadium sunday and I could swear the stars are bigger, silver and more beveled. I only had three beers so I'm pretty sure I'm right. Did anyone else notice this?

I'm going back on Thanksgiving with a camera.....

They have always look white and beveled to me, but that has only been on TV. Anyone with more info?

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

You all can have your likes and dislikes, but there's one thing we can all agree on ...

Gus Frerotte hates the wall in FedEx Field (nee Jack Kent Cooke Stadium).

Wow! That must have been a bizzare game, because that game ended in a tie :blink:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-srv/sport...k13/skins24.htm

First thing I thought of when I saw the topic name. And yes, it was extremely bizarre.

I've decided to give up hope for all sports teams I follow

if you get close to the Texas Stadium walls you would realize that they havn't cleaned that thing in thirty years. It's disgusting just like the rest of that dump of a stadium. How it took them this long to get a new one is beyond me.

With that said, on television they look good. You can always tell what stadium the game is bieng played in because of it.

The same can be said for Reliant Stadium in Houston. It may be a little simple, but there's no doubt that it's a game in Houston no matter what the uniforms look like.

Inside the Georgia Dome earlier this season, before I learned how to use the zoom function on my camera....

dome9om.jpg

That's EXACTLY what I'm talking about when it comes to those ugly green seats. Paint those seats red or black.

if you get close to the Texas Stadium walls you would realize that they havn't cleaned that thing in thirty years. It's disgusting just like the rest of that dump of a stadium. How it took them this long to get a new one is beyond me.

You're right. Texas Stadium is disgusting. It leaks from everywhere. There's trash blowing around the concourse and the roof is five shades of gray. Maybe all the dust is making those white stars look grey. Don't get me started on the bathrooms!

I'll still miss it when it gets the wrecking ball though.

newsig.jpg

Those arent the Ben Franklin Bridge designs, theyre supposed to emulate the design at the top of the stadium.

Maybe it's not a bridge....not sure...but it doesn't look like the "wing" structure at the top either... :unsure:

I checked out the walls for a while before the gates opened on Sunday. That design is definately supposed to mimic the structure at the top of the stadium. It isn't very precise, but there are a lot of similarities. BTW - the way they did the roof is one of my favorite things about the stadium. Very unique.

Also, upon further review, I really don't care for the Eagle heads that are on the walls. They are at a "rising" angle, which looks very odd. The logo looks better when angled slightly downwards, like the eagle is striking. The primary logo (with the Eagles script and the head) is a little like this too, because the eagle head is slightly angled so the top of it matches the arch in the bottom of the script.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

I've never understood all the little group names on the walls of Raymond James. Kinda stupid if you ask me (but you didn't, so I'll tell you anyway).

The Falcons have them too, but those overhang on the middle deck stands, and not on the field level.

I believe those certain players have sponsored a youth charity, and that youth group is known as "Alstott's Army". At least that how it is with the Falcons....

As a Seahawks fan I do love their tarp. Its got the trees of the pacific northwest, and the arches from the top of the stadium, as well as that awesome lime green color. Its very well done, and a great improvement over the Kingdome's walls. I do like Atlanta and Cincy too, both are pretty nice.

SEAsig.png

Even though I hate everything the Lions franchise has done since 1998, everything about Ford Field is pretty sharp. I do miss the Silverdome, but I'm sure those in Detroit appreciate the new stadium.

I've always been a fan of the Bills stadium. It just screams "football is played here." That franchise isn't big on gimmicks, and Ralph Wilson Stadium is certainly dignified, even if the uniforms aren't. I realize it's not the walls, but I do miss the red end zones.

Cincinnati's jungle walls are kind of silly. I certainly understand the motif, but have you been to Cincinnati? Paul Brown Stadium is right downtown, bordered by the Interstate, the river, and Great American Ballpark. The only jungle nearby is a concrete one, and there certainly aren't any tigers roaming the area.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

The Browns did a nice job of upgrading theirs this year to include seveal legends. Jim Brown, Ozzie Newsome , Bernie Kosar, etc. It is a nice touch to the field.

I'm trying to find some good clear pictures to post.

A neat sighting is to hang around the field after the game and watch when the banner is taken down. And you see the bare concrete walls with padding in the end zones so nobody Frerotte's themsleves.

i know it doesn't seem like it but the stars in the cowboys' endzone are just the plastic stars you can buy at any store. sorry if i made anybody mad!

stars.jpg

dallasmavericks.gif

style1,JBPerry.png

<embed src="http://www.clocklink.com/clocks/5005-Blue.swf?TimeZone=CST&TimeFormat=hhmmssTT" width="180" height="60" wmode="transparent" type="application/x-shockwave-flash">

joshuabperry@sbcglobal.net

My Webpage

Archived