NFL "Stadium Walls"

Steelrocker86

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Cincy, and I'm not sure there is a close second.

I HATE the Eagles walls. It is just full of 'ads' and slogans for their different organizations "Eagles Eye Mobile", "Book Mobile", "Go Green" (the recycling program), "When We Recycle, Everybody Wins", "Eagles Youth Partnership", etc.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Not currently, but the Patriots had a nice wall set in Foxboro Stadium in the mid 1970's. It might have first started around 1976. It was a wrap around theme of stars and stripes and it looked really good. Though it changed in intensity over the years, they had it up for at least five seasons.

They got rid of it at the start of the 1980's around the same time they removed the logos form the field and changed the end zone to a very plain "PATRIOTS" text that was unlike their letterhead. The walls were changed to a very plain all blue.

I wish I could find a photo that showed the walls proper, but you can still see it on the off chance ESPN Classic shows old NFL Films footage.

We all have our little faults. Mine's in California.

I've always thought that the Gillette Stadium walls made it look like the Pats were always playing at KC, not Foxboro. With that being said, I liked the old Foxboro Stadium walls...it looked like they were playing in a backyard (because they looked like blue painted fences) - here's an example of what I mean.

SladeChris1993.jpg

But I do like Cincy's and Pittsburgh's stadium walls.

Whenever I play madden I think that the falcons one is kinda cool

impossiblefp4.jpg

The World Basketball Championship, the Davis Cup, Ryder Cup, Iraq: Every day there's further proof that we, as a nation, are not very good at international competition.

Not currently, but the Patriots had a nice wall set in Foxboro Stadium in the mid 1970's. It might have first started around 1976. It was a wrap around theme of stars and stripes and it looked really good. Though it changed in intensity over the years, they had it up for at least five seasons.

They got rid of it at the start of the 1980's around the same time they removed the logos form the field and changed the end zone to a very plain "PATRIOTS" text that was unlike their letterhead. The walls were changed to a very plain all blue.

I wish I could find a photo that showed the walls proper, but you can still see it on the off chance ESPN Classic shows old NFL Films footage.

I know what you're talking about - they were Patriot-themed, and had colonial and partiotic images painted all over the walls - those were cool. I wish I could find a pic of that myself.

Not currently, but the Patriots had a  nice wall set in Foxboro Stadium in the mid 1970's.  It might have first started around 1976.  It was a wrap around theme of stars and stripes and it looked really good.  Though it changed in intensity over the years, they had it up for at least five seasons.

I remember that. It was very cool. IIRC, when they first went to that look, they also put the word "Patriots" behind both end zones instead of in them (as below):

PATRIOTS

________ END LINE

END ZONE

________ GOAL LINE

Is my mind playing tricks on me about that?

As for the current ones, I haven't given it much thought but the Bengals do have a pretty cool setup.

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

Bengals, by far, and not just because I'm a fan of the team. The field artwork and walls are a refreshing change after playing for so many years at Riverfront Stadium, which had NOTHING on the field (until its last years) and almost NO references to the team inside. Now if they'd just do something with the concourses, which are still too plain.

I've always thought that the Gillette Stadium walls made it look like the Pats were always playing at KC, not Foxboro.

Yeah, I'm not a big fan of the walls at Gillette - they should go back to blue. And the funny thing is the Chiefs...they could have that exact same red for their walls, but go with green instead.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Call me old-school (YOU'RE OLD SCHOOL!) but I rather like the fact that Lambeau Field doesn't have the technicolor gingerbread around the walls. With most teams, it's more advertising or trying to trumpet minor achievements (division champs? Please!) In Green Bay, except for the padding in the end zones, it's the same as it was in 1957 when the place opened.

That said, Giants Stadium could use banners, or at least a remodeling; when I see it for non-football events or even Giants games, the pipes hanging out make it look trashy.

And it pains me to say this, but the stars along the Texas Stadium walls do look nice.

139775815_cc7da57bca_o.jpg

Good topic.

First of all, I'm going to have to agree with the person who said the stadium tarps are lame. I prefer the old school walls of padding, fencing, concrete, with some minor logo touches (stars in Dallas and New England, etc.). Most of the new tarps are way over the top and gaudy.

That being said, I like Cincy and Pittsburgh a lot. The Bears one this year is pretty good because it reflects the design of the jersies. The Bears one last year was embarassing.

Also, I really can't stand the stadium walls that list all the charity groups (Urlacher's Kids, Mike Brown Youth, etc.). At least the Bears' list has been minimized on the wall this year (last year it was huge). Tampa Bay does it too. For some reason it annoys me, probably cause the group names are usually retarded.

I HATE the Eagles walls. It is just full of 'ads' and slogans for their different organizations "Eagles Eye Mobile", "Book Mobile", "Go Green" (the recycling program), "When We Recycle, Everybody Wins", "Eagles Youth Partnership", etc.

Pretty much, but they also have Eagle head logos and a Ben Franklin Bridge background...

capt.pxs10211150125.cowboys_eagles_parcells_brother_pxs102.jpgOAK_PHI.0317_DH.jpg

Pretty much, but they also have Eagle head logos and a Ben Franklin Bridge background...

capt.pxs10211150125.cowboys_eagles_parcells_brother_pxs102.jpgOAK_PHI.0317_DH.jpg

Yeah, the Eagle head looks good there, but I never noticed the bridge! I've worked there for 3 years now, and have unobstructed views of the tarp, and never even saw that. Thanks for pointing it out. I'll look for it next week.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

I've always been afraid that the Chiefs are to blame for all of the player charity signs in the stadiums. Is this true? I think it's something that works for them because there are seperate banners and such throughout and it looks odd without them, but all of the knockoffs (the Bucs come to mind with everything in the same print and part of the padding) just look tacky or something.

I've decided to give up hope for all sports teams I follow

Archived