Nike's "Revolution" continues . . .

aykay

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I actually like all of these. Now if they only had a University of Hawaii one, i bet it would be sweet, cause they like Mich. St have Gray/Silver in their Color scheme!

uofh2aa1.pnghawaiinokaoieu8.png

461177213572il8.png801177214515jw7.png

My favorite saying... "Nobody is perfect, I am nobody, so therefore i am perfect!!!"

They don't look as bad as the football "two color sleeves" ones.

No, but that doesn't mean they are good or that Nike should continue to tamper with schools looks and traditions.

As for Duke, I guess I didn't mind when Nike messed with their away jersey, but once you start messing with the home jerseys...... now there's a problem.

I just went to see Michigan beat Butler last weekend, and was thinking how classy UM's jerseys were. I was looking forward to when Miami (home of the black/green/orange alt) came into town and looked silly.......... now not only Michigan but ILLINOIS are wearing these.

Can't wait till that preseason is over now.

Put Your Hands up For Detroit (our lovely city)

I think that it's a pretty cool design for a "non-traditional" team with gray in the color scheme. For these schools its totally stupid except for Michigan St. for whom it's only somewhat stupid because at least they have gray already. But yeah, Nike is getting pretty annoying with this stuff already, whats next, some futuristically rendered wolf on Michigans helmet or the players name wrapped in awkward piping on the back of Penn States uni's?

Howard1.jpg

Maryland's:

03-267-c.jpg

While searching for a Mike Jones/Steve Francis #23 Maryland jersey I came across this piece of crap. Actually it doesn't look too bad, but it is also a white jersey. I'm guessing this is going to be a nike promotion for the ACC/Big Ten Challenge.

In response to PhilaLogos, I really wouldn't mind some futuristically rendered wolf on Michigan's football helmets. At least that would be an attempt at making jerseys look futuristic, rather than just changing the color of one part of the jersey. Which for some reason will be picked up by every D1 school.

Maryland's:

03-267-c.jpg

While searching for a Mike Jones/Steve Francis #23 Maryland jersey I came across this piece of crap. Actually it doesn't look too bad, but it is also a white jersey. I'm guessing this is going to be a nike promotion for the ACC/Big Ten Challenge.

In response to PhilaLogos, I really wouldn't mind some futuristically rendered wolf on Michigan's football helmets. At least that would be an attempt at making jerseys look futuristic, rather than just changing the color of one part of the jersey. Which for some reason will be picked up by every D1 school.

Ouch.

This Maryland jersey is missing my favorite part about the current Maryland jersey - the striping around the collar and shoulders. And where's the gold? Maryland has 4 official school colors, but the gold gets no love from Nike Of The Future. Boo!

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

Ohio St. is wearing one of these on ESPN right now against VA Tech. It doesn't look bad since grey is part of their scheme, but it's still unnecessary. I really don't even notice the grey except during close-ups. And, somewhat off-topic, why don't VT's jersey and short stripes match? The shorts have a extra maroon stripe that kills the continuity along the side. Pitt's uniforms are the same way.

The OSU jerseys look a little bit like the blue panels that were placed on the shoulders of the Duke jerseys over a decade ago. They weren't popular then, and wound up coming off the uniforms. I hope this idea meets a similar fate.

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

It looks to be more of a Nike "Elite" thing, since the basic color of the Elite program is silver/gray. Or at least it used to be.

that was my fist though too. I'm sure this is the reason, those are all "elite" program schools.

It still doesn't justify doing something cookie cutter.

Archived