LaDanian Tomlinson

yh

LaDanian Tomlinson is certainly a great player and very worthy of a universally accepted nickname. However I take issue with the media sticking him with "LT." Far as I'm concerned there will only be one "LT" - the immortal Lawrence Taylor (and in the interest of full disclosure, hands down my favorite football player of all time).

Can't we call Tomlinson "LDT" or something else? Let "LT" be the exclusive province of the great #56.

What about "Bolt"?

It might not be ideal, because a bolt can be interpreted as "nuts and bolts", but it does work with the Chargers, and using the "take off runnning" definition of the verb 'bolt'.

Just a thought.

WINnipegSigBanner.gif

speaking of nicknames being overdone does anyone think chris berman is going a little overboard with giving a nickname to EVERY player on primetime its cool for a couple of guys he says but ever single god damn player he gives a nickname to

speaking of nicknames being overdone does anyone think chris berman is going a little overboard with giving a nickname to EVERY player on primetime its cool for a couple of guys he says but ever single god damn player he gives a nickname to

Berman is a bit of an embarrassment. The nickname thing is hokey. I like the guy. He tends to be a bit much at times.

shysters_sm.jpg

"One of my concerns is shysters show up and take advantage of people's good will and generosity".

What about "Bolt"?

Nice idea, but it would never work if ended up leaving the Chargers.

I think great players don't always need to have a nickname. Maybe he should just be "LaDanian Tomlinson" rather than some flashy nickname Barry Sanders never had a nickname and he was quite possibly the greatest running back of all time . . . just imagine everyone calling him "BS". :lol:

6uXNWAo.png

Well, Barry Sanders is easier to spell and say than LaDanian Tomlinson.

I don't have a problem with him being called LT, since he's playing in a different era and they played different positions. It's not like he can help it - they're just initials. It'd be different if it was a totally original nickname, like The Great One or Charlie Hustle.

I'm not feeling very creative (bummed over the Thornton trade)...

"The L" (not The L-Train, just "The L")

"Six" (since he's a touchdown machine)

"LT2000" (since he always says he's going to rush for 2000 yards)

or what I always call him (especially after he torched the 'Skins this week), "Damn, that's a bad mother:censored:er!"

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

Perfect!

If he played in Chicago.

Everyone calls him LT. I can't see anything catching on other than that....

Unless he calls a press conference and tells everyone to call him "T-Bone."

I propose "Co-Co" :P

Perfect!

If he played in Chicago.

Everyone calls him LT. I can't see anything catching on other than that....

Unless he calls a press conference and tells everyone to call him "T-Bone."

I propose "Co-Co" :P

No, maybe we can call him "Gammy".

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

I figure it'd be better suited to the Charger D, but Ladainian sweeps hard. therefore, I propose tagging him as La Migra (yeah, as in that Migra...heh, it sounded better in this one Lil Rob song)

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

I call him Bubbles.

NCFA Sunset Beach Tech - Octopi

ΓΔΒ!

Going to college gets you closer to the real world, kind of like climbing a tree gets you closer to the moon.

"...a nice illustration of what you get when skill, talent, and precedent are deducted from 'creativity.' " - James Howard Kunstler

Archived