LaDanian Tomlinson

yh

How about "Clutch"? He performs well in the clutch and he really winds the clutch up before taking off. Clutch Tomlinson.

Now that I think about it there are some downsides to that nckname too, Clutch could be changed to "Clutz" if he ever starts to falter and I can think of other team's fans chanting such things as "Pop the Clutch".

Hmm...perhaps "Turbo" would be a better nickname,

Other running back nicknames...

I recall Kevin Turner being nicknamed "Afterburner Turner" while playing for the Philadelphia Eagles. Odd considering he was known more as a blocking fullback than a runner.

Sam Cunningham was known as "Bam-Bam" or some sometimes just "Sam-Bam" because of his smash-mouth style of running.

University of Colorado had a runningback named Keven "Frieght Train" Anderson, for his tendency to run into people while running at full speed.

We all have our little faults. Mine's in California.

you can't have a conversation about great RB nicknames without these three...

The Nigerian Nightmare, Christian Okoye...

some guy named Craig...the world knows him by another name: Ironhead Heyward...

...and of course...forevermore the one and only...

z-smart.jpg

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

you can't have a conversation about great RB nicknames without these three...

The Nigerian Nightmare, Christian Okoye...

some guy named Craig...the world knows him by another name: Ironhead Heyward...

...and of course...forevermore the one and only...

z-smart.jpg

Don't forget Nigerian Nightmare II

img90419775fl.jpg

#CHOMPCHOMPCHOMP

how bout just D... The D seems to have the inflection in the name... I liked THE L

impossiblefp4.jpg

The World Basketball Championship, the Davis Cup, Ryder Cup, Iraq: Every day there's further proof that we, as a nation, are not very good at international competition.

z-smart.jpg

Gotta disqualify "He Hate Me" from the Nickname Hall of Fame because he committed the cardinal nickname sin...he gave it to himself :P. But damn is it cool as all hell!

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

Where was this argument when Glenn Rivers went by "Doc"... while Julius Erving was still in the NBA? At least Lawrence Taylor is retired and generally out of the public conscience... except when he gets nabbed with a crackpipe.

"The D"? There are literally hundreds of guys who actually have "D" as an initial who'd probably use "D" as their own nickname.

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

How about "Clutch"? He performs well in the clutch and he really winds the clutch up before taking off. Clutch Tomlinson.

Now that I think about it there are some downsides to that nckname too, Clutch could be changed to "Clutz" if he ever starts to falter and I can think of other team's fans chanting such things as "Pop the Clutch".

Hmm...perhaps "Turbo" would be a better nickname,

Other running back nicknames...

I recall Kevin Turner being nicknamed "Afterburner Turner" while playing for the Philadelphia Eagles. Odd considering he was known more as a blocking fullback than a runner.

Sam Cunningham was known as "Bam-Bam" or some sometimes just "Sam-Bam" because of his smash-mouth style of running.

University of Colorado had a runningback named Keven "Frieght Train" Anderson, for his tendency to run into people while running at full speed.

Kevin Turner actually played for my high school alma mater's football team before playing for Alabama.

Archived