Colts-JD patch?

brinkeguthrie

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I know it's a touchy subject, but is this really necessary? The kid apparently took his own life and we're supposed to pay tribute to him? It's a sad situation and it's a shame that it happened but come on...

I agree.

The kid committed suicide. He's siting in hell for his own stupidity.

It is a tragedy for Tony, and the Dungy family, but i have no soft spot for the kid himself.

Stay Tuned Sports Podcast
sB9ijEj.png

Wow. You are the biggest douche bag ever. A post like that should be a bannable offense.

washingtonst.gif

My teams

NCAA: Washington State

MLB: Seattle Mariners

NFL: Seattle Seahawks

NBA: Portland Trailblazers

EPL: Liverpool FC

MLS: Seattle Sounders FC

NHL: Pittsburgh Penguins

Wow. You are the biggest douche bag ever. A post like that should be a bannable offense.

its all a matter of opinion, and i dont want to be banned for voicing mine, which it is sad a threat like that came up, TenaciousG. I will not voice my opinion, but please, you can feel any way you want.

Get a grip. Many people, including myself, think suicide is the coward's way out.

I have no problem with the Colts having this sticker on their helmets. Even though it's James Dungy's initials, I see this more as support for their coach than a memorial for his son.

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

Eat me, bitch.

You're nothing to me, so your opinion about what i say means nothing. Go back to being the nothing you are.

Stay Tuned Sports Podcast
sB9ijEj.png

As blunt as his comment was, I agree with him. Should someone have a memorial patch for someone who had (and took) the choice to end their own life? I don't think it's necessary, particularly when it's not a member of the team. Remember when Brett Farve's father died, also just before Christmas? The Packers didn't honor him with any memorial decal or patch (at least to my knowledge).

Still, I'm not going to stop them from honoring him if they want to.

--Roger "Time?" Clemente.

champssig2.png
Follow me on Twitter if you care: @Animal_Clans.

My opinion may or may not be the same as yours. The choice is up to you.

Many people who commit suicide were suffering from extreme mental illness. Sometimes they were getting treatment, often they weren't. When someone who was suffering from this kind of illness commits suicide, I don't see it as being any different from someone who dies from cancer or another disease.

I have no idea if this was the case with Dungy, nor do I think it was right or wrong that they wore a decal.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

According to my faith, unless you commit suicide to save an other, it's a sin. I happen to agree with my faith on that point, so I'll leave it at that.

Still, I don't mind them doing this, as it was more of a show of support for Coach Dungy then the Colts honoring the kid.

It's more of a gesture to Tony Dungy than to James Dungy. James Dungy I don't really pity, poor troubled kid felt killing himself was the best way out. Tony didn't deserve to deal with this kind of pain, but alas he must.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

Many people who commit suicide were suffering from extreme mental illness. Sometimes they were getting treatment, often they weren't. When someone who was suffering from this kind of illness commits suicide, I don't see it as being any different from someone who dies from cancer or another disease.

I have no idea if this was the case with Dungy, nor do I think it was right or wrong that they wore a decal.

I agree.

Archived