Orlando Magic concepts (2)

Starchild

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks for all the kind words everyone....

1 - Seeing as how everyone likes the star shorts, I'm going to edit the whole package to have the star shorts with each jersey. When designing them, that was my initial intention however I was afraid that the star-shorts made the uniforms look a little WNBA-ish. That's why I went with the simpler, cleaner panels instead... but that problem has been resolved.

2 - On the home set, should the neckline be black or blue?

3 - Are there any other suggestions for things I should tweak or anything?

"The true New Yorker secretly believes that anyone living anywhere else has got to be, in some sense, kidding."

Thanks for all the kind words everyone....

1 - Seeing as how everyone likes the star shorts, I'm going to edit the whole package to have the star shorts with each jersey. When designing them, that was my initial intention however I was afraid that the star-shorts made the uniforms look a little WNBA-ish. That's why I went with the simpler, cleaner panels instead... but that problem has been resolved.

1.Stars on the shorts are good, it goes with the theme perfectly.

2. go with blue to be different, go with black to match up with the side panels better.

3. maybe a bit more white on the shorts on the black set.

Great concept!!

twitter_zps93c9c8f9.png @josh_j12 smbelt_zps438edf04.png

CFA- Fargo Bobcats

I really love this concept a lot. For the home jerseys, I prefer the ones with the star on the shorts, and for the away jerseys I like the blue ones much better than the black. I'm so glad you brought the pinstripes back in the jerseys. Since the Pacers got rid of the pinstripes off their jerseys this year, there are no more teams in the NBA that wear pinstripes. Therefore if the Magic wore these, their jerseys would be the most unique and far better than the boring set they have now. Nice job!

I really love this concept a lot. For the home jerseys, I prefer the ones with the star on the shorts, and for the away jerseys I like the blue ones much better than the black. I'm so glad you brought the pinstripes back in the jerseys. Since the Pacers got rid of the pinstripes off their jerseys this year, there are no more teams in the NBA that wear pinstripes. Therefore if the Magic wore these, their jerseys would be the most unique and far better than the boring set they have now. Nice job!

It broke my heart to see the pacers lose the pinstripes and go to the more squared off jersey set. They're cool unis, but I love the old ones. This concept is something I hope the NBA tries to do more in the future. They kind of did it with Seattle, giving them an old school feel while not making it a throwback. I say again, a great concept.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

1- LOVE the star shorts

2- Blue neckline

3- I'd scrap the secondary logo on the back above the name and put a small star there. (Although I believe the Mavs already do this, but so what).

Great job. I usually hate pinstripes, maybe due to my hatred of the Yankees-- but these look fantastic...

SnapHookSig_435x108.jpg

• 2 months later...

This is worlds better than what they wear now!

- On the home whites, the blue neckline looks better imo.

-The star shorts are great, and numbers in the stars would be a great touch. That said, I think it is very busy on a unie that already has pinstripes and a star covered wordmark. Maybe use them on the blue alt, but nothing else.

-Overall A+ work. These are stellar.

Put Your Hands up For Detroit (our lovely city)

After watching the Magic/Knicks game last night, and looking into my closet (and a past concept) I decided that the Shaq-Penny era Magic jerseys are one of my favorites. Perhaps a little dated, but they were unique nonetheless. I think the pinstripes looked classy and the font used for the numbers were such a distinct, unique look from all other teams. Some saw that as a bad thing, I loved it.

Anyway, I decided to renovate my original 3 concepts from around a year/year-1/2 ago where I (like the Indiana Pacers concept) combined the various eras of the Magic. This time, I left their logo alone since it more or less does just that - updates the original logo slightly, but effectively. For the jerseys, I did two different versions of a home jersey/shorts combination (can't decide which looks best) and a second concept featuring the primary black road uniform and a 3rd blue jersey (blue was best used as the alternate, not primary). I brought back the pinstripes, added some simple side panels, and of curse brought back the distinct numbers instead of those boring, bland, generic looking once of the current uniforms.

MagicFinalConcept_Small.jpg

MagicFinalRoadConcept_Small.jpg

Feedback appreciated (and wanted) as always.

Did you create that "Orlando" wordmark yourself?

Awesome. I always liked the pinstripes in unis, after the Pacers and Rockets got rid of them I don't think anyone uses them anymore. Very nice concepts.

those jerseys are awesome the magics old jersey is probaly one of my favoirte jerseys of all time and ive wanted to get a shaq jersey for awhile in that style but if they make these jersyes maybe ill get a millich

Archived