76ers Concept

PhilaLogos

i like the idea of re-doing the sixers concept, and even the 'funky old-school yet modern' idea, but the jersey could be a lot better with a concept like that. It is a little bland, and frankly, looks a lot like an NBA all-star jersey. The 'P' in 'Phila' and the '7' in '76ers' are seperate from the rest of the word. I think the '7' just needs to be pulled closer to the '6ers', and maybe over lapped or tucked under part of the '6'. I really like how u used 'Phila' on the road jersey though, they really need to do that. the jersey design i think was a little too modern, and not enough funky old-school. rework it and it will be nice.

I agree with eRay, close the gap w/ the 7&6, make it a bit bigger than the ixers text maybe. Good idea tho.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

Kind of a mixed bag. But I like a lot of it, and this has serious potential!

LIKE: returning to red/white/blue; new primary logo with Independence Hall; use of the stars on the jerseys; 13 stars on the logo; font for wordmarks and logos.

DON'T LIKE: relative lack of red in both home and road uniforms; lack of shadow effects for front number; use of "PHILA" on the road ("PHILADELPHIA" or just "SIXERS"... I never liked "PHILA", especially on a modern update like this); use of 2-tone coloring on "76ERS" in primary logo (unnecessary and not mimicked on the jerseys).

SUGGEST: thicken the red piping on the side panels; a star over the "I" in "SIXERS" (and "PHILA[DELPHIA]"?); trade the shadow effect on the numbers for a solid outline.

Not much else; these could be really nice. Good stuff!

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

Hmmm...

I like where it's going, but here's some suggestions.

1. More red. Please.

2. New font for the wordmark and the numbers. The team name looks just half-assed, and the numbers look Pistons-esque.

3. On the primary, try the stars w/o a blue stroke. I think white-on-red would look better.

4. On the primary, the whole basketball in the background is nice and all, but I think it looks a little too simplistic. I think the basketball can look less generic and really improve the primary.

5. Primary again - if you're going to have a red stroke around the bldg, you should extend the stroke onto the wordmark as well so it doesn't look like it was pasted over it.

Nice start though, this has potential.

"The true New Yorker secretly believes that anyone living anywhere else has got to be, in some sense, kidding."

I like the general overall direction of this, but I might suggest some changes:

- The font. Coupled with the blue jerseys, it looks almost exactly like the Pistons.

- The nameplate font should be a little bigger, it's hard to read.

- Add a red alternate, and

- Put the "PHILA" on said red alternate, if only because the PHILA was on the 60's jerseys. A suggestion too would be to use a block font with that and make it a throwback / alt combo, like the Cavs have.

philly.png

Thanks for the suggestions guys. The thing with the gap between the 7 and 6 is that 7's will always look seperated because of their shape. I also couldn't make the 7 one type layer, and the 6ers another because that threw off the arch and all. I'll keep working on it though.

I will add more red and a red alt sometime soon. I didn't do shorts because I traced the wrinkles from another template which didn't have shorts, and it would be weird to have a wrinkled jersey and normal shorts.

I'll look for a new number font so its less pistons-esque

Keep em comin'!

Howard1.jpg

I REALLY like that logo and color set. As a secondary logo for the shorts might I suggest an outline of the Liberty Bell?

Also, I had an idea to have one set of blue shorts for both home and away jerseys. It used to be commonplace for teams to have uniform tops and bottoms of different colors (see the movie "Hoosiers" for example) and I think if they were they only team that did so in the NBA it could be a nice old-school element.

We all have our little faults. Mine's in California.

I don't know about the two-tone shorts....the Bulls recently did it, with a similar color scheme to this new 'Sixers concept, and it was widely panned. And deservedly so--it looked stupid. I really like the simplicity of the jerseys and I like PHILA on the road, but the logo is what I'd expect. If you do keep it, I agree that the wordmark needs to be cleaned up. Before you do that though, maybe try going a completely different way with the logo.

those are really awesome, what if you do a black one????( im fond of their current black ones)

Maybe ill try this with the current scheme just for kicks, but I think red, white, and blue fit the identity. Thanks again for the feedback. I've made a few small changes to the logo and I'm looking for a better number font which is very uniqe from the Pistons, and that is also oriented so that the 7 and 6 are closer. I should have these updates with a red uni in a few days.

Howard1.jpg

Archived